text entering problem

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

text entering problem

Post by Platinumcat » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 am

I'm hoping the moderators can help me with this. When I'm typing something and take up the space allowed in the normal window, as soon as the page starts to scroll down, the line I'm entering text on will disappear just one line below what is viewable. Then, with every keystroke, it pops back in to view and then back out. So, you can imagine how disjointed this appears when you try typing at normal speed.

I've tried scrolling back up, centering the main page in the screen,etc. and every time I make a new keystroke, it pops back down to the bottom.

Is this my computer? Do I have settings out of whack? Is it the site?

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: text entering problem

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 pm

barechestcat wrote:I'm hoping the moderators can help me with this. When I'm typing something and take up the space allowed in the normal window, as soon as the page starts to scroll down, the line I'm entering text on will disappear just one line below what is viewable. Then, with every keystroke, it pops back in to view and then back out. So, you can imagine how disjointed this appears when you try typing at normal speed.

I've tried scrolling back up, centering the main page in the screen,etc. and every time I make a new keystroke, it pops back down to the bottom.

Is this my computer? Do I have settings out of whack? Is it the site?

Any suggestions?
i know less about computers than the normal person, but i may be of some help. when i'm at work and using their computer, this exact thing happens to me. but from my home computer or laptop i have no problems. so, i would say it has something to do with your computer or settings and not the site. hopefully that makes fixing the problem even easier. but i know what you're talking about, and it's very annoying. best of luck.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?