How about a NEW Forum dedicated exclusively to FOOTBALL

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDad
BobcatNation Redshirt

How about a NEW Forum dedicated exclusively to FOOTBALL

Post by BobcatDad » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:02 pm

I know this site is growing leaps and bounds and I enjoy checking out all the new threads every day when I get off of work. But...........what I enjoy most is talking bobcat football with other football enthusiast.
Are there plans in the future of having a FORUM heading....... Bobcat football?? I know that most other D-1 message boards (not all) have one where the hardcore football fans can discuss football and not have to deal with 8,10,12 pages of who the next Kobe Bryant is going to be coming to MSU.
Obviously, there would be other forum headings for the diehard basketball, volleyball and track fans,etc...
Last edited by BobcatDad on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:11 pm

When we started this site we had many discussions about which direction to take the board. We liked having all the sports in one area so that when the track team, the tennis team, etc. does something well we can recognize that as well. I think the majority of the board readers here have their interest slanted toward football, but it isn't football season so there isn't a lot to talk about.

Right now we think it is best to keep all the sports together, but if the site continues to grow and the daily traffic gets to a point where it makes sifting through all the post very difficult we will address the issue. While we are discussing the idea though I would like to see what other readers say. This has come up before and most people supported having all athletic posts in one place, are most people still enjoying that format?

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:59 am

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Although I've gotten to the point where I don't have to coach and put up with the parents anymore, I still love talking about football much more than basketball :D I'd kind of like to see a skiing board next year 8)

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:07 pm

I like the one sports forum set-up but I could go either way

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:02 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing football have it's own board, and all other sports still be lumped into one.

But I also like reading about all the other sports, if there was just a football board I don't think I'd read anything but that.

I agree, I think football is the main focus of this board, most tend to be bigger football fans than anything else.

Until we get more posts per day and a bigger userbase, I see no reason to seperate the forums just yet.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:42 pm

I like it the way it is. I don't know how many people would read the other forums (ie griz board). I really like that we talk about bball, vball, track, tennis....etc. I don't think that would happen if we had a separate board for football.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:21 pm

I like it the way it is (for now)...the way I see it, there simply isn't enough posting yet to justify a separation. I like having everything on one page instead of having to individually visit 2 or more different forums to see everything. As the membership of the site continues to expand, there will probably come a time where separation will be necessary, but for now I vote for keeping everything on one board.

From reading egriz occasionally, their separation doesn't really work too well since everyone posts anything and everything on the football board anyway!
Last edited by MSU01 on Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BleedsBlue&Gold
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BleedsBlue&Gold » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:35 pm

So does anyone have any news besides FB. Mens/Womens BB?

Any track news to talk about?

Any volleyball recruits??

HOw is cross country looking for next year?

Womens golf team going strong yet?

ralph
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ralph » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:58 pm

Football is the #1 sport at Montana State. What is the problem with having a football board? Football is always in season more than any other collegiate sport.
Last edited by ralph on Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

------------
FCS IS BEST!

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Fri May 20, 2005 10:01 am

Nothing wrong with a football thread, but the current athletics thread keeps me informed about other Bobcat athletics as well. I am afraid if it was only football I would be like last years football team. Very one dimensional. Extra knowledge is a good thing.

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Fri May 20, 2005 10:12 am

Robcat wrote:Nothing wrong with a football thread, but the current athletics thread keeps me informed about other Bobcat athletics as well. I am afraid if it was only football I would be like last years football team. Very one dimensional. Extra knowledge is a good thing.

Robcat you are bored, now you are reading old topics?! :(

FTG

GrizPirate
New Recruit

Post by GrizPirate » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:46 am

ralph wrote:Football is the #1 sport at Montana State.
Montana State has a football team?

over 1 Billion kitties munched

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:48 am

GrizPirate wrote:
ralph wrote:Football is the #1 sport at Montana State.
Montana State has a football team?
Keep it on the smack board please.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Platinumcat » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Site admins,
I was just about to post a new topic on this issue before I saw this one. Any chance of re-formatting the site to have a football specific area?

ralph
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ralph » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:17 am

please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh give us a football board!!!! This is a worldwide Montana State fan board and some folks want to know about certain things. The jumbled together board is soooooooo confusing it is impossible to read. I can't tell what is about what sport. Truthfully, can you?

What sports are these:

Big Sky Blog
Coach Swap
Future Bobcats have a great evening
Attn: President Gamble
Stuckey for Big Sky MVP?
Don't cry
Cat/Griz Game Thread?
Highschool Tournaments
everything pro baily and durham
Griz/Cats game tonight
Lady Cats vs. Lady Griz thoughts
Polynesian players
MSU playing Iowa
Bolton named Rimington Award winner
Replica Gear
Tomorrows game time
See if you can guess what's on Kramer's mind
Off Topic Rants
The 'M' on our helmets
Peder Jensen -out for spring-
Cats-a-Nova Banquet

I know a few because I know a bit about MSU football but this is ridiculous. If the idea is to make this a MSU student/Alum board then I hope it works... for those of us who are not MSU-centric (recruits, prospective athletic dept folk, etc.) then it is a mess.

------------
FCS IS BEST!

theblackgecko
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by theblackgecko » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:53 pm

Don't like the idea of collapsing, simply mention which sport somewhere in the title.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:00 pm

I think now that we are approaching 1000 members, it wouldn't be a bad idea to seperate this beast a little.

My only fear is that no one will read anything but the football forum - I enjoy reading about the sucess of our track programs, etc, but I doubt I would venture into a forum for it.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:02 pm

Just so you know we are addressing this issue. We will take all the input and look at the best ways to improve this board in the future.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Swilly3224
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Swilly3224 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:30 pm

MSU01 wrote:From reading egriz occasionally, their separation doesn't really work too well since everyone posts anything and everything on the football board anyway!
Not true

I like it the way it is

12:49

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:12 pm

Swilly3224 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:From reading egriz occasionally, their separation doesn't really work too well since everyone posts anything and everything on the football board anyway!
Not true

I like it the way it is
Under the "Grizzly Football" forum:

'Sac St. to open @ Boise State'
'Good recruiting opportunity for Bobcats'
'[ Poll ] Erickson will he change Idaho?'
'Oakland Raiders'
'If Kramer ran for governor, he'd win?'

The list goes on. It is true.