New Poll

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

New Poll

Post by rtb » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:24 am

Hey everyone, this is a little bump for the poll on the homepage. I would like to get your input on the poll so we know where to focus our energy first in improving this site. If you have comments or think something else should be improved please leave your comments here. When basketball winds down it is a good time for us to implement changes before football season. Thanks in advance for your input.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:18 pm

How about webcam feed for all mens and womens games, MSU01 can provide scrolling color!!! :twisted:

Seriuosly you are doing a great job. I have thought about this a couple of times but have alwaysed shyed away from seriuosly suggesting it, but here goes it anyway. What is someone was to arrange to have a "guest" log on to the nation and maybe answer some questions, much like we do when we chat during games. An assitant coach, athletic trainer, or maybe if we are talking about newspaper coverage, you could get Scott Mansch. Or maybe we could post some questions and see if we could get someone then to come on a pick and choose to answer a few.

I thought of this a coulpe of months ago when we were bitching about the different newspaper reporter. People on this board loves Scott Manch, he is fair and honest, the Griz say he is a Bobcat homer.. I personally would love to sit down for 5 minutes and get Mansch, Giese, or some other established montana newspare guy to get his/her take on it.

OK, yea maybe the webcam thing would easier!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:48 pm

mslacat wrote:How about webcam feed for all mens and womens games, MSU01 can provide scrolling color!!! :twisted:

Seriuosly you are doing a great job. I have thought about this a couple of times but have alwaysed shyed away from seriuosly suggesting it, but here goes it anyway. What is someone was to arrange to have a "guest" log on to the nation and maybe answer some questions, much like we do when we chat during games. An assitant coach, athletic trainer, or maybe if we are talking about newspaper coverage, you could get Scott Mansch. Or maybe we could post some questions and see if we could get someone then to come on a pick and choose to answer a few.

I thought of this a coulpe of months ago when we were bitching about the different newspaper reporter. People on this board loves Scott Manch, he is fair and honest, the Griz say he is a Bobcat homer.. I personally would love to sit down for 5 minutes and get Mansch, Giese, or some other established montana newspare guy to get his/her take on it.

OK, yea maybe the webcam thing would easier!!
Actually, we have discussed both ideas. The webcam idea obviously would be very tough to do, but you are not alone in the thought anyway.

We also had some more serious conversations about doing some sort of a "chat session" type of thing on a semi-regular basis. Perhaps, as you said, trying to get a coach or media person to answer some questions online. Perhaps we will have to renew these discussions and try to actually get something going. What do others in the Nation think of this idea, would you take the time to be involved with such a chat if it were to ever happen?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:00 pm

If memory serves, I think that contacting some of the coaches was on my site-related to-do list. It is still there. Although, after soaking it in for awhile and thinking about it, I think the idea of having a sports writer participate in the chat would be a much more feasible route to go. With a coach, I think the risks are a bit on the high side for them, especially when there are posters who want them fired. Sports writers could definitely be interesting participants, but wouldn't be faced with a lot of the risks that a coach would be facing.

That being said, if there are any sportswriters reading this thread who would be interested in participating in something like what we are discussing, please email or PM one of us with any insight you can share.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:32 pm

Love the site, you all are doing a bang up job! =D^ \:D/

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:38 pm

mslacat wrote:How about webcam feed for all mens and womens games, MSU01 can provide scrolling color!!! :twisted:
Jefferson jumper is no good, UM rebound. 70-67 MSU, 1:00 left. Kamaar Davis jumps out of the stands, ripping off clothes to reveal uniform underneath a-la Superman after receiving his Wintersession grades at halftime. Davis layup is good. 70-69. Beye is fouled underneath. First FT goes over the backboard, second hits Mick in the head, knocking him out cold..you mean stuff like this? I can do that. :shock:

I love the idea of a chat or Q&A type thing with coaches/sportswriters/etc. if you could get them to come on...maybe for once we could get some info we know is accurate rather than the usual second or third-hand rumors!

rtb

Post by rtb » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:31 am

Only 8 Votes?!?!?!?!? C'mon folks, tell us what you think!!

In case you didn't see it I posted the articles from tonight's game from Yahoo! and msubobcats.com. I was not home tonight, so this was great news to come home and read!

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatfaninGA » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:34 pm

How about a chat session with the voice? Kris Atteberry? That would be interesting.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:05 pm

OK I have been thinking about this for a while. What do you guy's think about an insiders board? Maybe based on number of posts, and an invitation. I hate to see us get too, exclusive, but at the same token occationally , but I also would care to share or discuss a few subjects intelegently in a Bobcat only manner. Sorry Griz fans, but there are times when things come up that we would prefer to keep in the family.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:17 pm

mslacat wrote:OK I have been thinking about this for a while. What do you guy's think about an insiders board? Maybe based on number of posts, and an invitation. I hate to see us get too, exclusive, but at the same token occationally , but I also would care to share or discuss a few subjects intelegently in a Bobcat only manner. Sorry Griz fans, but there are times when things come up that we would prefer to keep in the family.
Only if I get invited...oh wait, nevermind.

I can say that I have at least had this thought pass through my mind before, but still not sure what I think of it. It definately has plusses and minuses. But where do you draw the line in the sand? And how many other regular posters do you lose that may have contributed something good but decide it isn't worth it because they aren't one of the "chosen" ones?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:27 am

If this was Augusta Country club and you wanted to make it all male. Velcro would get his panties in a twist.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four