Site difficulties

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Site difficulties

Post by kmax » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:14 am

I'm sure most everyone has been having some problems the last couple days with intermittent problems getting to the site. First off I want to apologize for the problems and inconvenience. Second, I am working on getting our new system and server set up that will alleviate alot of these issues, however the time available to work on this has been limited. With the recent problems I am going to be trying even harder to get this going as soon as possible to give all of our users a more dependable service.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Site difficulties

Post by GOKATS » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:37 am

kmax wrote:I'm sure most everyone has been having some problems the last couple days with intermittent problems getting to the site. First off I want to apologize for the problems and inconvenience. Second, I am working on getting our new system and server set up that will alleviate alot of these issues, however the time available to work on this has been limited. With the recent problems I am going to be trying even harder to get this going as soon as possible to give all of our users a more dependable service.
Thanks for the update- I was hoping it wasn't just me having problems.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:51 am

No, it's frustrating us all! What are we supposed to do? WORK? :shock:

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 am

rtb wrote:No, it's frustrating us all! What are we supposed to do? WORK? :shock:
C'mon, get serious................ :lol:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:09 am

Thanks for the update.
With all the traffic on BN, I guess you could say the BobcatNation tickets are "selling out" every week - looks like we need to put in the skyboxes and bowl in the endzone.
:wink:

nativecat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by nativecat » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:12 am

I have heard before that this site is going to have a new look as well as a new server and all that you said above.......is it true, and when would that be happening? Im not bellyaching in the least, love the site........just asking out of total curiosity.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:10 am

Yes it will, four months ago I would have given you a firm date on the new site. Unfortunately that date would have been about a month and a half past due by now. Yes we have gotten the new space, it is paid for thanks to the wonderful generosity of our users, I have gotten initial setup done on it and am working on trying to test out ways to migrate this existing setup so that I don't burn the whole thing down when I do it. As I have said, I severely overestimated the amount of time I would have to put into this and had hoped to get it up and going much sooner. We are working hard to bring a new and improved BobcatNation to you all and trust nobody dislikes the current problems more than we do.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:12 am

kmax wrote:Yes it will, four months ago I would have given you a firm date on the new site. Unfortunately that date would have been about a month and a half past due by now. Yes we have gotten the new space, it is paid for thanks to the wonderful generosity of our users, I have gotten initial setup done on it and am working on trying to test out ways to migrate this existing setup so that I don't burn the whole thing down when I do it. As I have said, I severely overestimated the amount of time I would have to put into this and had hoped to get it up and going much sooner. We are working hard to bring a new and improved BobcatNation to you all and trust nobody dislikes the current problems more than we do.
OOOOOOWWWWWW Can not wait!

nativecat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by nativecat » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:43 pm

kmax wrote:Yes it will, four months ago I would have given you a firm date on the new site. Unfortunately that date would have been about a month and a half past due by now. Yes we have gotten the new space, it is paid for thanks to the wonderful generosity of our users, I have gotten initial setup done on it and am working on trying to test out ways to migrate this existing setup so that I don't burn the whole thing down when I do it. As I have said, I severely overestimated the amount of time I would have to put into this and had hoped to get it up and going much sooner. We are working hard to bring a new and improved BobcatNation to you all and trust nobody dislikes the current problems more than we do.
Like I said, I have no complaints, I was just wondering what was up.....thanks for the info, and for the hard work.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Soooooooooo...what's the ETA of the new site update?

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:46 pm

Bump. :)

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:59 pm

I fail.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:09 pm

:rofl:

Sorry longhorn. No news is...well no news unfortunately.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:10 pm

kmax wrote::rofl:

Sorry longhorn. No news is...well no news unfortunately.
:lol: At least it's something.