Bozone Brewery?

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Bozone Brewery?

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:57 pm

Anyone know where this Brewery is in Bozeman? 501 Broadway or something their Add says? I went down Broadway and could not find it? Am I just blind?

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:00 pm

P.S - DARN GOOD BEER I MIGHT ADD! They have it on tap (2 kinds) at the Grantree Bar. Had to go down to brew pub but couldn't find it?

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:12 pm

It is right on Broadway and Peach- it is a pretty cool place- looks like an old shack. Enjoy!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:13 pm

http://www.bozemanbrewing.com

It says to come down and visit the brewery, but don't know if he has anything there for customers or not. Had heard that they were planning a tasting room at one time, but don't know if that was just a rumor or not. Address is at 504 N. Broadway, so other side of the street.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:39 pm

suckitgriz wrote:It is right on Broadway and Peach- it is a pretty cool place- looks like an old shack. Enjoy!

Hmmmm, I was at the corner of Peach and Broadway and didn't see it I thought? I will have to look closer I guess. Definately wanna check it out. Thanks!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:48 pm

Hmmmm, I was at the corner of Peach and Broadway and didn't see it I thought? I will have to look closer I guess.
Maybe you had partaken of too much of the brewed stuff already? :wink:

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:13 pm

All there is is a sign on a door of a warehouse, it's a small place, run by one person. He does sell some memorabilia, but he's generally pretty busy making beer. There was a feature on him in the Chronicle's business journal recently. I'll put up the link if I can find it.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:35 pm

Just so you beer-lovers know, MT law prevents a brewer from selling directly to the public. The brewer must sell to a licensed distributor who then can only sell it to a licensed retailer or tavern.

GOTTA SELL ALL THOSE LICENSES, BABY!!

I'm sure it won't be long before we have to buy a license to actually consume the beer!

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:56 pm

El_Gato wrote:I'm sure it won't be long before we have to buy a license to actually consume the beer!
We already do....driver's license. :shock:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:59 pm

You don't currently need a drivers license to drink beer, although it is the MOST common form of identification used to determine age.

I'm just joshin' with you Meat, but it really wouldn't surprise me with all the other licenses/fees involved that the fine folks in Helena won't decide to levy another tax on us beer-drinkers!

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:05 pm

El_Gato wrote:You don't currently need a drivers license to drink beer, although it is the MOST common form of identification used to determine age.

I'm just joshin' with you Meat, but it really wouldn't surprise me with all the other licenses/fees involved that the fine folks in Helena won't decide to levy another tax on us beer-drinkers!
I know, I was being a smart-a$$....as usual.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.