Kerry/Bush Debate

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Kerry/Bush Debate

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:01 am

I can't believe this isn't being discussed in great length on this board with all the intellectuals here.

Here's my take.....Kerry won.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:22 am

I'm actually kind of afraid to even chime in on this one. I listened for only about 10 minutes on the commute home, and in that time, neither really said much of substance. Kerry sounded relatively eloquent; Bush was stammering and sounding like he was reciting memorized cue cards (that unfortunately didn't ever really answer the questions asked). When in trouble, he'd just play the "flip-flop" card or say that since Kerry was against the war, he couldn't be President now that we are in a war (a position that, if true, means that every President going forward should simply get into a war that the other party is against right before an election).

In a lot of ways, these debates remind me of bad message board threads -- two people misquoting each other and putting words into each other's mouth, trying to win on style points alone, all the while hoping that nobody realizes that neither of them is really saying anything of substance.

It sounds like (from reading summaries this morning) the policy points made by each were:

Kerry:

Will basically do the same thing as Bush proposes going forward in Iraq (as if there is any other option), although he claims that his plan is better (even though it's the same).

Bush:

Will do the same thing going forward in Iraq as Kerry is proposing, although he claims his plan is better (even though it's the same).

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:58 am

I managed to make it through the whole thing, Kerry won from my point of view. I find Bush's argument that BAC just referred to about Kerry not being able to oversee a war he doesn't agree with to be rather absurd.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:26 pm

BAC wrote:
Kerry:

Will basically do the same thing as Bush proposes going forward in Iraq (as if there is any other option), although he claims that his plan is better (even though it's the same).

Bush:

Will do the same thing going forward in Iraq as Kerry is proposing, although he claims his plan is better (even though it's the same).
But the real question is where will Bush's next Iraq be?

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:11 pm

mslacat wrote:BAC wrote:
Kerry:

Bush:

But the real question is where will Bush's next Iraq be?
North Dakota?? :shock:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

'93HonoluluCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by '93HonoluluCat » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:05 am

I actually watched less than BAC...I didn't watch any of it--intentionally.

At this point, anyone who's the slightest bit interested in the future of this country--on both sides of the political spectrum--has essentially already made up their minds on which man is getting their vote. I fall into that category--I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who's read my posts... :lol:

Since I didn't have any vested interest in the debate, I chose to save my frustration for more important things than listening to the predictable stances of the two men.

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:19 am

Like the faux Carville said on Saturday Night Live last night: "Oh, John, big deal, you won a talking contest against a guy who can't talk!"
Last edited by Bleedinbluengold on Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:47 am

I didn't watch or listen, intentionally, also. It's too depressing to think a guy who can't speak english and is interested in little but baseball is our president.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:49 am

It is more depressing that ignorant people actually believe that.

GO CATS GO!!!