Compare ATT and T mobile

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Compare ATT and T mobile

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:25 am

We’re wondering about switching from Att to t mobile and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with both. Our top reason we’re looking is to get better signal through out the state. Any and all helpful information would be welcome.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Compare ATT and T mobile

Post by allcat » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:47 am

We had Cricket then went T-Mobile. I like it much better, plus we travel to Mexico, even though cricket claimed it would work, it never did.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:32 am

We had ATT several years ago but switched to Verizon due to poor coverage. Moving here we kept our Verizon but about 6 months ago we went to TMobile, better cell price and great coverage. Verizon speeds were also slower. Just took a speed test, 110 maps down/5 up. We have the magenta plan, 2 phones and unlimited and Netflix for $70...

My info is sort of apples to oranges

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:34 am

About the same. They even share towers.

You may notice a difference in the roaming areas since the two companies handle roaming differently in their respective unlimited plans.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:25 pm

If you are driving around the West don’t overlook Verizon. Check the coverage maps closely. When we picked up Verizon in the summer of 2019 it was way ahead. It was the only option here at that time, but I think T-Mobile works now. We drove a lot in Eastern Montana, all over Utah, and the wide-open middle of Nevada, and away from the cities Verizon won easily. But things do change.