Nashville Bobcats

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JDoub
Member # Retired

Nashville Bobcats

Post by JDoub » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:27 am

just moved to Nashville

what do we got here???? where my Bobcats at?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Nashville Bobcats

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Allegiant direct flight to Bozeman is a good bet...😀 Other than that, good luck. The further you get east, the fewer Bobcats you meet. At least that's been my experience.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 pm
Allegiant direct flight to Bozeman is a good bet...😀 Other than that, good luck. The further you get east, the fewer Bobcats you meet. At least that's been my experience.
Geeez…….one of the all time great Bobcats is in the Nashville area. Clay Bignell is a defensive analyst at Vanderbilt! He and his wife are both Bobcats. I believe Clay’s wife is the daughter of Dan Davies, the former Bobcat and sideline analyst on Bobcat broadcasts. I’ll bet Dan gets down to see them on occasion.

My daughter, granddaughters live there…but for some reason they don’t have the same enthusiasm for the MSU Bobcats even though mom and dad do! A real tragedy…a failure in parenting! Or maybe it’s moving around the world for forty years so they couldn’t anchor down!

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Geeez…….one of the all time great Bobcats is in the Nashville area. Clay Bignell is a defensive analyst at Vanderbilt! He and his wife are both Bobcats. I believe Clay’s wife is the daughter of Dan Davies, the former Bobcat and sideline analyst on Bobcat broadcasts. I’ll bet Dan gets down to see them on occasion.

My daughter, granddaughters live there…but for some reason they don’t have the same enthusiasm for the MSU Bobcats even though mom and dad do! A real tragedy…a failure in parenting! Or maybe it’s moving around the world for forty years so they couldn’t anchor down!
thanks!

Dan came to my house in Butte many times for recruiting when I was in HS - he was coaching at the time. He & Kramer were my primary recruiters - and on signing day it was Davies, the Big Human, and Dave Arnold in our living room signing the LOI. He wasn't my position coach (Kramer was) but I always liked Dan as a coach and person - and he's a Bobcat thru and thru. I ran into Dan last time I was in Bozeman and it was good to catch up a bit, and he remembered those recruiting trips to Butte - there were about 5 of us on their list from both Butte High and Butte Central. Arnold was REALLY bummed out when Tom Kenny (Central) signed with Colorado State / Sonny Lubick (another Butte Rat). Tom told me that Arnold told him that if he signed with MSU, Arnold would do cartwheels all the way down Harrison Avenue \:D/

And Vandy - I know it's SEC, but .... I guess I could root for the Commodores b/c Clay - I could see us becoming Titans fans after yesterday's game, and Nashville SC (MLS), but so far the Vols look like a game experience we want to be a part of. There's enough distance now between the Titans and Jeff & Brandon Fisher where maybe they aren't so griz-tainted. :)

I actually ran into a parent at a soccer tourney in Memphis last weekend with a Bobcat hat on - so I had to ask. He said they vacationed to Yellowstone via Bozeman, and he saw the Logo and wanted a hat b/c no one in Tennessee would recognize it and it was really cool. I had on my Bobcat logo UnderArmor hoodie. 8)

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:11 pm

JDoub wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:

thanks!

Dan came to my house in Butte many times for recruiting when I was in HS - he was coaching at the time. He & Kramer were my primary recruiters - and on signing day it was Davies, the Big Human, and Dave Arnold in our living room signing the LOI. He wasn't my position coach (Kramer was) but I always liked Dan as a coach and person - and he's a Bobcat thru and thru. I ran into Dan last time I was in Bozeman and it was good to catch up a bit, and he remembered those recruiting trips to Butte - there were about 5 of us on their list from both Butte High and Butte Central. Arnold was REALLY bummed out when Tom Kenny (Central) signed with Colorado State / Sonny Lubick (another Butte Rat). Tom told me that Arnold told him that if he signed with MSU, Arnold would do cartwheels all the way down Harrison Avenue \:D/

And Vandy - I know it's SEC, but .... I guess I could root for the Commodores b/c Clay - I could see us becoming Titans fans after yesterday's game, and Nashville SC (MLS), but so far the Vols look like a game experience we want to be a part of. There's enough distance now between the Titans and Jeff & Brandon Fisher where maybe they aren't so griz-tainted. :)

I actually ran into a parent at a soccer tourney in Memphis last weekend with a Bobcat hat on - so I had to ask. He said they vacationed to Yellowstone via Bozeman, and he saw the Logo and wanted a hat b/c no one in Tennessee would recognize it and it was really cool. I had on my Bobcat logo UnderArmor hoodie. 8)
I have family in Nashville and get there a few times a year. My little sister is a good Bobcat and she lives in Franklin. Seemed like a decent turnout at the last Cat/griz satellite party there so you'll meet a few of them eventually I'd guess. I think I'll be there for Thanksgiving and hopefully the Cats have a bye that weekend but if not I'll connect with you.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:12 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:11 pm
JDoub wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:

thanks!
I have family in Nashville and get there a few times a year. My little sister is a good Bobcat and she lives in Franklin. Seemed like a decent turnout at the last Cat/griz satellite party there so you'll meet a few of them eventually I'd guess. I think I'll be there for Thanksgiving and hopefully the Cats have a bye that weekend but if not I'll connect with you.
Ya I'm just north of Franklin in Brentwood. I'll be in Spain for Cat-griz and all next week, but PM me if you're in the area and I'll buy ....