Salt Lake City Airport

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Salt Lake City Airport

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:14 pm

Just curious what people think of the new SLC airport. I have been super disappointed. It is a very long walk between terminals. And the dining options are almost nonexistent. In the middle of terminal A, they have Cafe Rio and a bar/restaurant. Both have very limited seating and the lines to get into them are taking at least 20 to 30 minutes. The options in Terminal B are even worse. And the old airport had all kinds of areas to sit at a table and work or pass time. Nothing like that anymore.

Anybody else travel through there lately? Interested in another perspective.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Salt Lake City Airport

Post by CatBot » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:14 pm
Just curious what people think of the new SLC airport. I have been super disappointed. It is a very long walk between terminals. And the dining options are almost nonexistent. In the middle of terminal A, they have Cafe Rio and a bar/restaurant. Both have very limited seating and the lines to get into them are taking at least 20 to 30 minutes. The options in Terminal B are even worse. And the old airport had all kinds of areas to sit at a table and work or pass time. Nothing like that anymore.

Anybody else travel through there lately? Interested in another perspective.
Total sh!tshow for all the reasons you mention and the idiotic bus rides out of B. :thumbdown:

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:49 am

The bus rides sealed the deal for me. I'll avoid transferring through SLC until that goes away.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:07 pm

I have been through there a few times in the last year and it does seem like a terrible layout and arrangement in general. I'm hoping that's partly because they're still in progress and that things will improve dramatically. Having said that, SLC has the best Delta Sky Club I've ever been to and it overshadows all of the negatives for me if I have a long layover there. If it's a quick transfer I'll skip SLC when I have the chance.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:26 am

I just moved from SLC, having travelled extensively for work - the new airport completely sucks - you have to walk a effing mile and a half to get to a gate.

The old SLC was so easy to work with - I could leave my house 1 hour before my flight and still board with 5 minutes to spare.

Glad I moved