Safeway discount for gas

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Safeway discount for gas

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Just wanted to share a nice find with you all. I was checking out of Safeway and the cashier gave me my receipt. She said your loyalty rewards has earned you a 70 cent per gallon discount at Town Pump. I asked how it works. Basically you press the loyalty button at the pump and put in your Safeway rewards number which is my phone number. The pump will then reset with your discount. I asked if she meant $0.70 off the total and she responded that is $0.70 per gallon.

I tried it today and it provided me an $0.80 per gallon discount! The pump actually resets and shows the reduced gas prices on readout. I purchased Unleaded Supreme today for $1.98 per gallon. It was $2.78 before the discount!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Safeway discount for gas

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:16 pm
Just wanted to share a nice find with you all. I was checking out of Safeway and the cashier gave me my receipt. She said your loyalty rewards has earned you a 70 cent per gallon discount at Town Pump. I asked how it works. Basically you press the loyalty button at the pump and put in your Safeway rewards number which is my phone number. The pump will then reset with your discount. I asked if she meant $0.70 off the total and she responded that is $0.70 per gallon.

I tried it today and it provided me an $0.80 per gallon discount! The pump actually resets and shows the reduced gas prices on readout. I purchased Unleaded Supreme today for $1.98 per gallon. It was $2.78 before the discount!
Yep, works for Albertsons, too. Only works at Exxon or Mobil stations. Works in other states, too! Been using it for a couple years now. A few months back when fuel was like a buck eighty, I had 10 reward points piled up, which is good for a whole dollar off per gallon. I put 25 gallons - that's the limit for the reward points - of regular unleaded in my pickup for $18.48. Doubt I'll be able to do that ever again...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:41 pm

We have the Safeway and the Fred Meyer loyalty cards. Last year at Fred we were able to get about a buck off. Really was nice on my 35 gallon Silverado.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:56 pm

I've been giving all my safeway rewards points to some dude named Tim Stack for probably the last 15 years. I hope he's using them.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Same deal at Smith’s. Usually at their station, or Shell stations. I try to avoid fuels that are not certified as a Top Tier fuel — Google it if it’s a new term. Smith’s is not certified. Shell gas is. It’s about the additives and if there are sufficient amounts to keep the injectors scrubbed up, etc.