Harvard (Haavuud) to charge full tuition for online

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4690
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Harvard (Haavuud) to charge full tuition for online

Post by RickRund » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 am

$50000 for full time online students.. I don't know how any of this works. How much would a full time online student at MSU be charged? And I am sure it would a big difference depending on the major.

Just seems a bit strange that a student would be charged full tuition.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4801
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Harvard (Haavuud) to charge full tuition for online

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 am
$50000 for full time online students.. I don't know how any of this works. How much would a full time online student at MSU be charged? And I am sure it would a big difference depending on the major.

Just seems a bit strange that a student would be charged full tuition.
I guess as long as when it comes time for employment, if employers don't look down on an online degree it's worth the money. If they view an online degree from Harvard the same as an online degree from University of Phoenix....it's NOT worth the money.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10308
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard (Haavuud) to charge full tuition for online

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 am
$50000 for full time online students.. I don't know how any of this works. How much would a full time online student at MSU be charged? And I am sure it would a big difference depending on the major.

Just seems a bit strange that a student would be charged full tuition.

I believe all public school tuition is set by the Montana Board of Regents. Resident students would be pay in-state tuition, and non-residents would pay out-of-state. So for MSU, I'm not sure there's much wiggle room unless it's permitted by the regents.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4690
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Harvard (Haavuud) to charge full tuition for online

Post by RickRund » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:34 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 am
$50000 for full time online students.. I don't know how any of this works. How much would a full time online student at MSU be charged? And I am sure it would a big difference depending on the major.

Just seems a bit strange that a student would be charged full tuition.

I believe all public school tuition is set by the Montana Board of Regents. Resident students would be pay in-state tuition, and non-residents would pay out-of-state. So for MSU, I'm not sure there's much wiggle room unless it's permitted by the regents.
So online students would pay full price...



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10308
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard (Haavuud) to charge full tuition for online

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:55 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:34 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 am
$50000 for full time online students.. I don't know how any of this works. How much would a full time online student at MSU be charged? And I am sure it would a big difference depending on the major.

Just seems a bit strange that a student would be charged full tuition.

I believe all public school tuition is set by the Montana Board of Regents. Resident students would be pay in-state tuition, and non-residents would pay out-of-state. So for MSU, I'm not sure there's much wiggle room unless it's permitted by the regents.
So online students would pay full price...
They would pay whatever price is set by the BOR, which currently, I believe is full price. So yes....plus possibly some additional online fees?



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4690
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Harvard (Haavuud) to charge full tuition for online

Post by RickRund » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:55 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:34 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 am
$50000 for full time online students.. I don't know how any of this works. How much would a full time online student at MSU be charged? And I am sure it would a big difference depending on the major.

Just seems a bit strange that a student would be charged full tuition.

I believe all public school tuition is set by the Montana Board of Regents. Resident students would be pay in-state tuition, and non-residents would pay out-of-state. So for MSU, I'm not sure there's much wiggle room unless it's permitted by the regents.
So online students would pay full price...
They would pay whatever price is set by the BOR, which currently, I believe is full price. So yes....plus possibly some additional online fees?
Thanks. A couple articles l have seen were not to happy about full tuition thinking since no actual campus time it should be less expensive. Appreciate your insight as I have no idea...



Post Reply