How does one explain stock prices?

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

How does one explain stock prices?

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:25 am

First you have good old Elon Musk and his wondercar company Tesla. His company looks like it has really turned the corner after being poo-pooed by so many as little as a year or so ago. Stock price this morning was $1387..... An UGLY truck by the way.

Then you have Nikola. From what I have seen his truck is a pretty nice looking ride. They have yet to even have one unit probuced, correct. And his stock prices is sitting at $43 a share.

Throw in the "big car companies." Ford is "languishing" at about $6, GM is at $25, FCAU is at $10 and Toyota is actually triple digits at $125. VW is also triple digits. Honda and Subaru at lower double digits.

I sure can't figure out what runs these stock prices... Sure do wish I would have bought some Tesla!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: How does one explain stock prices?

Post by allcat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:20 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:25 am
First you have good old Elon Musk and his wondercar company Tesla. His company looks like it has really turned the corner after being poo-pooed by so many as little as a year or so ago. Stock price this morning was $1387..... An UGLY truck by the way.

Then you have Nikola. From what I have seen his truck is a pretty nice looking ride. They have yet to even have one unit probuced, correct. And his stock prices is sitting at $43 a share.

Throw in the "big car companies." Ford is "languishing" at about $6, GM is at $25, FCAU is at $10 and Toyota is actually triple digits at $125. VW is also triple digits. Honda and Subaru at lower double digits.

I sure can't figure out what runs these stock prices... Sure do wish I would have bought some Tesla!!!
Not too late. While I believe in the company I would now consider short selling at this price.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm

I have a good friend down in NorCal that asked me about a stock. I told him the he better buy some shares of Microsoft. He did and I am not sure he still has it. It was $64 a share then. I think today it was $214....

msubobcats@outlook.com

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:02 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm
I have a good friend down in NorCal that asked me about a stock. I told him the he better buy some shares of Microsoft. He did and I am not sure he still has it. It was $64 a share then. I think today it was $214....
There were some huge bargains a couple month ago. Many solid companies whose stock was less than half its normal price, simply based on panic selling. Wish I had more money to invest then, but I did invest a little.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm

Hope no one owned Nikola...

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:41 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm
Hope no one owned Nikola...
YEP, that was a bit ugly.

Maybe it will be an off shoot of GM.

msubobcats@outlook.com