Jeremiah Johnson Brewery

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Jeremiah Johnson Brewery

Post by RickRund » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 am

Not quite a year ago Jeremiah bought the Midtown Pub in CDA. We had been trying to drop in for a while and finally made it in yesterday. Pretty good little spot so there is another brewery in town now. Small menu but darned tasty.

CDA will never catch up to Bend for breweries but it is good to add a little more variety.I think we now have seven counting the one in Post Falls. And one Distillery that I know of.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jeremiah Johnson Brewery

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:16 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 am
Not quite a year ago Jeremiah bought the Midtown Pub in CDA. We had been trying to drop in for a while and finally made it in yesterday. Pretty good little spot so there is another brewery in town now. Small menu but darned tasty.

CDA will never catch up to Bend for breweries but it is good to add a little more variety.I think we now have seven counting the one in Post Falls. And one Distillery that I know of.
I didn't realize Jeremiah Johnson had a location in Idaho. They make some great beers, definitely an improvement (for my taste anyway) over when that operation started as The Front Brewing Company.

What do you think of the brewery in Post Falls? We've stopped there a few times and enjoy it a lot.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:31 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:16 pm
RickRund wrote:

I didn't realize Jeremiah Johnson had a location in Idaho. They make some great beers, definitely an improvement (for my taste anyway) over when that operation started as The Front Brewing Company.

What do you think of the brewery in Post Falls? We've stopped there a few times and enjoy it a lot.
Post Fall Brewery. They have some good brews. It has been a few months since we have been there. Have forgotten the names of my favs there but we like the place. The Pi-daho food truck makes some tasty pies.

I look for the highest ABV number.

msubobcats@outlook.com

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:59 am

MSU01 wrote:
RickRund wrote:

So Patti and I had to get a couple things at the store yesterday so we stopped by Post Falls Brewery. The place was packed.
I had the Stoney Macguyver IPA. Really tasty. It is an 85 ABV.

msubobcats@outlook.com

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:59 am
MSU01 wrote:
RickRund wrote:

So Patti and I had to get a couple things at the store yesterday so we stopped by Post Falls Brewery. The place was packed.
85? or 8.5? Personally the IBU is more relevant to me, I don't care for the extra hops in an IPA. I want mine less bitter.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:49 am

allcat wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 am
RickRund wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
RickRund wrote:

85? or 8.5? Personally the IBU is more relevant to me, I don't care for the extra hops in an IPA. I want mine less bitter.
Sorry, :lol: ABV is 8.5 and the IBU is 85... The have several mellower brews which are what Patti likes.

msubobcats@outlook.com

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:38 am

RickRund wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Ha, I was trying to remember the name of the IPA I had there and liked. Stoney McGyver is it! I tend to prefer IPA's in the 50 - 60 IBU range, but that one is really good.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:09 pm

And to change Craft brands I have found a variety pack that for me anyway has ALL 12 that I like. It is the Sierra Nevada variety pack. It has the 40, the anniversary brew, Hop Bullet, their original IPA and Torpedo. Except maybe the Stone variety pack anything else I have found always have two that are citrus flavored. Really like that Sierra Nevada pack...

msubobcats@outlook.com

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:07 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:09 pm
And to change Craft brands I have found a variety pack that for me anyway has ALL 12 that I like. It is the Sierra Nevada variety pack. It has the 40, the anniversary brew, Hop Bullet, their original IPA and Torpedo. Except maybe the Stone variety pack anything else I have found always have two that are citrus flavored. Really like that Sierra Nevada pack...
What's really good is that you are not wasting retirement, but putting it to good use. Me, I fritter mine away traveling. If the covid lets me, i'm going to Bali next year at this time.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:14 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
What's really good is that you are not wasting retirement, but putting it to good use. Me, I fritter mine away traveling. If the covid lets me, i'm going to Bali next year at this time.
will have to forget about those exotic places. Only in or dreams. Bali is a beauty. My dream is Scotland, Ireland, Australia...

We try to get out in our 5th wheel as much as we can. We're trying to hit all those RV Parks, campgrounds that we can find. Between here and say Glacier, there are loads of places we want to try. Even heading up 84 to maybe Biggs Junction there are several nice spots that we love and they all have Breweries/Wineries very close by. Then there is Bend Or, Brewery nirvana...

msubobcats@outlook.com

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:50 am

RickRund wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:14 pm
allcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
will have to forget about those exotic places. Only in or dreams. Bali is a beauty. My dream is Scotland, Ireland, Australia...

We try to get out in our 5th wheel as much as we can. We're trying to hit all those RV Parks, campgrounds that we can find. Between here and say Glacier, there are loads of places we want to try. Even heading up 84 to maybe Biggs Junction there are several nice spots that we love and they all have Breweries/Wineries very close by. Then there is Bend Or, Brewery nirvana...
Have you been down to the Selway. Was just there, it is very pretty.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:18 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:50 am
RickRund wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:14 pm
allcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Have you been down to the Selway. Was just there, it is very pretty.
That is along hwy 12, correct. Several years ago with our 1st 5th wheel we made the trip from Grangeville to Missoula. It was beautiful. Ended that trip staying at Jellystone in Missoula.

msubobcats@outlook.com

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:17 pm

Had JJ's chocolate porter in CDA the other weekend...goodness gracious

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:51 pm

After listening to lamberty on the RR cat cast, I picked up some of the citrus ipa for a bbq. It didn’t last long.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:43 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:17 pm
Had JJ's chocolate porter in CDA the other weekend...goodness gracious
Oh yes, very tasty stuff.

msubobcats@outlook.com