With this behavior it will never end

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

With this behavior it will never end

Post by RickRund » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Stinking college students that just have to go on their spring break. Don't mom and dad try to say no to this foolishness. This is NOT the first instance of bad behavior...

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200331 ... icials-say

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Re: With this behavior it will never end

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:13 pm

Agree 100%
Anyone applying for a job with our business in the next few years will face numerous questions about what they did during this pandemic.
I'm not interested in hiring anyone who was so short sighted and selfish that they had to go on spring break to some beach... when it was
blatantly obvious to me that was a terrible choice. I would hope they learned and grew up since then but more interested in hiring someone
who had a better understanding of the situation and saw the big picture at the time.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:02 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 pm
Stinking college students that just have to go on their spring break. Don't mom and dad try to say no to this foolishness. This is NOT the first instance of bad behavior...

To be fair, it's not just college students doing stupid crap. There's plenty of responsibility to go around.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:02 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 pm

To be fair, it's not just college students doing stupid crap. There's plenty of responsibility to go around.
And these are the ones that are keeping alive "the gift that keeps on giving"...

I need to go to Walmart and pick up a couple of perscriptions. Not that I am overly worried about the virus but it does make me nervous. It definitely has my attention. Things are getting worse here in Kootenai County and there are too many that are defying gravity.

msubobcats@outlook.com

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm

The seriousness of the outbreak was downplayed by the Administration. Trump was warned about the need for action in January, but didn't do a thing until March. Needless to say people didn't take COVID-19 serious, and now we all will suffer the consequences.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/p ... virus.html

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:31 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm
The seriousness of the outbreak was downplayed by the Administration. Trump was warned about the need for action in January, but didn't do a thing until March. Needless to say people didn't take COVID-19 serious, and now we all will suffer the consequences.

People keep saying this and it doesn't make it any more true(ie its not). Trump started taking steps in January while the whole of congress was busy with the impeachment hoax. While the MSM and the governor of NY were downplaying it and telling people to go about their business, Trump was getting called a racist for trying to shut down travel to China. Yes, maybe he could have reacted faster but he would have been fighting the entire left every step of the way because they would rather do anything to make him look bad and it wasn't convenient for them to flop stances yet. Hell they are still touting China for their response even though it is clearly evident they have been lying about their numbers and it has been proven that if they had just told the truth, most of this could have been averted.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:18 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:31 pm
The Butcher wrote:

People keep saying this and it doesn't make it any more true(ie its not). Trump started taking steps in January while the whole of congress was busy with the impeachment hoax. While the MSM and the governor of NY were downplaying it and telling people to go about their business, Trump was getting called a racist for trying to shut down travel to China. Yes, maybe he could have reacted faster but he would have been fighting the entire left every step of the way because they would rather do anything to make him look bad and it wasn't convenient for them to flop stances yet. Hell they are still touting China for their response even though it is clearly evident they have been lying about their numbers and it has been proven that if they had just told the truth, most of this could have been averted.
What did Trump do that was so proactive in January? I'm legitimately asking.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:59 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:18 pm
technoCat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

He started the Corona task force. He started working with certain governors to bring Americans home. He tried to ban/slow travel back and forth from China. At the time there was only so much he could do since China was downplaying it and he was dealing with an impeachment. Sure, he could have done more but given the circumstances at the time it probably would have gone over like a lead balloon.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:05 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:59 pm
coachouert wrote:
technoCat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

He started the Corona task force. He started working with certain governors to bring Americans home. He tried to ban/slow travel back and forth from China. At the time there was only so much he could do since China was downplaying it and he was dealing with an impeachment. Sure, he could have done more but given the circumstances at the time it probably would have gone over like a lead balloon.
Almost the first of March and queen nancy sticking her foot in her mouth..... and hearing her little spiel she seemed excited asking for visitors...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... y-district

msubobcats@outlook.com

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:50 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:05 pm
technoCat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
technoCat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Almost the first of March and queen nancy sticking her foot in her mouth..... and hearing her little spiel she seemed excited asking for visitors...
Is that on the same level as saying that things are totally under control, it won't come here, it will be gone in a few days, it'll go away once the weather warms up and that it'll disappear right around the same time or were those all okay responses to the pandemic because the person who said those things aligns with your political party leanings?

Thank you, technocat for responding to my question in a civil way. I appreciate it and actually mean that.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 am

TRUMP PREPARING FOR COVID-19:

Trump visited a golf course on Jan. 18 and 19, Feb. 1 and 15, and March 7 and 8. All of these golf outings took place at Trump International Golf Course in West Palm Beach, Florida. Trump also hosted rallies on Jan. 9 (Ohio), 14 (Wisconsin), 28 (New Jersey) 30 (Iowa), and on Feb. 10 (New Hampshire), 19 (Arizona), 20 (Colorado), 21 (Nevada), and 28 (South Carolina).

At his rally in South Carolina on Feb. 28, Trump spoke to the audience about the new coronavirus, accusing Democrats of “politicizing” the virus and claiming the U.S. was “totally prepared.”

Fox News reported:

Speaking at the North Charleston Coliseum for more than an hour, Trump dismissed the complaints from Democrats about his handling of the virus as “their new hoax” and insisted “we are totally prepared.”

Speaking at length about the virus, Trump said it “starts in China, bleeds its way into various countries around the world, doesn’t spread widely at all in the United States because of the early actions” of his administration.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

While I am following all the rules, not Going any where, takin precautions: I am still not convinced this is near as big a deal as it is made out to be.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 am

coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:50 pm
RickRund wrote:
technoCat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
technoCat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Is that on the same level as saying that things are totally under control, it won't come here, it will be gone in a few days, it'll go away once the weather warms up and that it'll disappear right around the same time or were those all okay responses to the pandemic because the person who said those things aligns with your political party leanings?

Thank you, technocat for responding to my question in a civil way. I appreciate it and actually mean that.
I'm not hear to absolve Trump of all guilt. That's not the point I'm trying to make. My point has been that everyone in power in this country, including the MSM, was downplaying this when it was convenient and when it because politically advantageous, they started pointing fingers at Trump like they would have just fallen in line if he had started taking more aggressive steps earlier. Many want to point at Chin-AH and tout how well they responded while also glossing over the fact that its been proven they lied and tried to cover up what was happening. They also have the advantage of being a totalitarian state that can drag sick people kicking and screaming off to who knows where. Also, now it looks like the curve will be much flatter than initially projected and many places are adequately prepared and supplied. It will be interesting how the numbers shape up in hindsight.

I do agree with some of Trump has NOT done. Many call him an "authoritarian wannabe" but get mad when he doesn't immediately use his power to force companies to do what he wants. He's started doing so now and I don't necessarily agree.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:03 am

technoCat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 am
coachouert wrote:
RickRund wrote:
technoCat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
technoCat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

I'm not hear to absolve Trump of all guilt. That's not the point I'm trying to make. My point has been that everyone in power in this country, including the MSM, was downplaying this when it was convenient and when it because politically advantageous, they started pointing fingers at Trump like they would have just fallen in line if he had started taking more aggressive steps earlier. Many want to point at Chin-AH and tout how well they responded while also glossing over the fact that its been proven they lied and tried to cover up what was happening. They also have the advantage of being a totalitarian state that can drag sick people kicking and screaming off to who knows where. Also, now it looks like the curve will be much flatter than initially projected and many places are adequately prepared and supplied. It will be interesting how the numbers shape up in hindsight.

I do agree with some of Trump has NOT done. Many call him an "authoritarian wannabe" but get mad when he doesn't immediately use his power to force companies to do what he wants. He's started doing so now and I don't necessarily agree.
I should have been clearer in my post. I was asking RickRund that follow up question about political leanings when he brought Pelosi into the conversation for whatever reason. I was thanking you for responding civilly about what Trump did in January, but could see how that seemed snarky to include that after my response to Rick.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:08 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 am

Trump visited a golf course on Jan. 18 and 19, Feb. 1 and 15, and March 7 and 8. All of these golf outings took place at Trump International Golf Course in West Palm Beach, Florida. Trump also hosted rallies on Jan. 9 (Ohio), 14 (Wisconsin), 28 (New Jersey) 30 (Iowa), and on Feb. 10 (New Hampshire), 19 (Arizona), 20 (Colorado), 21 (Nevada), and 28 (South Carolina).

At his rally in South Carolina on Feb. 28, Trump spoke to the audience about the new coronavirus, accusing Democrats of “politicizing” the virus and claiming the U.S. was “totally prepared.”

Fox News reported:

Speaking at the North Charleston Coliseum for more than an hour, Trump dismissed the complaints from Democrats about his handling of the virus as “their new hoax” and insisted “we are totally prepared.”

Speaking at length about the virus, Trump said it “starts in China, bleeds its way into various countries around the world, doesn’t spread widely at all in the United States because of the early actions” of his administration.
Yes, Trump is an egotistical a$$. Let's get that out of the way.

HE is not the man in charge of the day to day reaction to the virus, that is Mike Pence. He set up make shift hospitals in NY that for the most part are going unused, along with the Navy hospital ship. Their governor is constantly blaming the administration, meanwhile on the other side of the country, CA got the same and Newsome is praising it. And if anybody hates Trump its Newsome.

Have you noticed that several of the high-exposure people freaking out just a week ago about needing supplies or "you will have to decide who dies" are now quietly admitting in press conferences that they have enough equipment "for now"? Probably not because those interviews are not viral.

The democrats have been quoted as saying that they need to use this tragedy to their advantage to push their agenda. The stimulus package is a prime example of holding out until they can sneak in enough non-related line items.

Honestly I don't like either party and their career politicians that smile and say all the right things then stab us in the back. I'm sick of the autocracy and bureaucracy and that's why I let most of what Trump does slide. Because he is shaking up the establishment. He is forcing some things to light that have been buried. I totally get why people hate him but don't understand how they can condemn him based on comments he's made and give all these politicians raping America a pass.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:12 am

coachouert wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:03 am
technoCat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 am
coachouert wrote:
RickRund wrote:
technoCat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
technoCat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

I should have been clearer in my post. I was asking RickRund that follow up question about political leanings when he brought Pelosi into the conversation for whatever reason. I was thanking you for responding civilly about what Trump did in January, but could see how that seemed snarky to include that after my response to Rick.
Oh I didn't think you were being snarky at all. I also appreciate it if we can discuss topics like this civilly. I know my wife would never admit it but I am capable of admitting I'm wrong from time to time.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:12 am

technoCat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:08 am
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 am

Fox News reported:

Yes, Trump is an egotistical a$$. Let's get that out of the way.

HE is not the man in charge of the day to day reaction to the virus, that is Mike Pence. He set up make shift hospitals in NY that for the most part are going unused, along with the Navy hospital ship. Their governor is constantly blaming the administration, meanwhile on the other side of the country, CA got the same and Newsome is praising it. And if anybody hates Trump its Newsome.

Have you noticed that several of the high-exposure people freaking out just a week ago about needing supplies or "you will have to decide who dies" are now quietly admitting in press conferences that they have enough equipment "for now"? Probably not because those interviews are not viral.

The democrats have been quoted as saying that they need to use this tragedy to their advantage to push their agenda. The stimulus package is a prime example of holding out until they can sneak in enough non-related line items.

Honestly I don't like either party and their career politicians that smile and say all the right things then stab us in the back. I'm sick of the autocracy and bureaucracy and that's why I let most of what Trump does slide. Because he is shaking up the establishment. He is forcing some things to light that have been buried. I totally get why people hate him but don't understand how they can condemn him based on comments he's made and give all these politicians raping America a pass.
Good post. This is where I'm at, too. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wish he could somehow push term limits through to get the fatcats out, but it will never happen. All the pork that got tossed into the stimulus package is an abhorrence, and it comes from the fatcats. Sooo sick of the establishment.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 am

Last weekend there was a group of 25-30 Kootenai high school students that were cited in Rathdrum for having a party. Have not heard any updates. We aren't in bad shape here but the spread of the virus doesn't need any extra help.

msubobcats@outlook.com

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:00 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 am
Last weekend there was a group of 25-30 Kootenai high school students that were cited in Rathdrum for having a party. Have not heard any updates. We aren't in bad shape here but the spread of the virus doesn't need any extra help.
Apparently staying at home also leads to death, so we’re in a real catch-22 here

“Staying at home leads to death also. And it’s very traumatic for this country. Staying at home, if you look at numbers, that leads to a different kind of death, perhaps, but it leads to death also.”