Photoshop Question

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Photoshop Question

Post by Cledus » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Are there any design pros out there who can help?

I'm learning Photoshop and the program keeps freezing. No amount of waiting lets the "freeze" runs its course and return to normal. The only other thing I have running (aside from background processes) is Firefox.

Ending the task from the task manager does not work.

The only thing that works is pushing and holding the power button until the computer shuts off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Photoshop Question

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 pm

First questions a lot of people are going to ask is what video card do you have and how much RAM?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Photoshop Question

Post by Cledus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:35 am

CatBlitz wrote:First questions a lot of people are going to ask is what video card do you have and how much RAM?
The computer is a pc laptop. It's three or four years old. 8 Gb RAM. When I bought it, I did not foresee myself doing any kind of graphic intensive design so I probably went with the baseline integrated chip, whatever that was. I've since had Someone else took a look at it and told me it's plenty powerful enough to run Photoshop.

At this point I'm kind of accepting that machines break down over time and it may not be fixable. In the last year, I even reformatted the thing and reset it to factory settings without reinstalling a lot of stuff that would weigh it down.

I can't ever recall having a good relationship with any computer I've ever owned.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.