Will probably be selling home and moving...

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Will probably be selling home and moving...

Post by RickRund » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Had a realtor come by and it looks as if we are selling.The terrible politics are driving us out. And MANY others. And it will become even more restrictive with the new guv that will be elected.
Patti had thought about moving to the Townsend area to be close to her Sister.And even thought about Helena. I told her she probably would not care for the winters. The only time I had been to Helena was for softball in the 70's.
Probably will plant ourselves in Idaho, somewhere in Kootenai County. Still close enough to the CATS..

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Will probably be selling home and moving...

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Can you elaborate on the politics and restrictions?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Very far left governor WILL be elected. Gavin Newsome, look up his bio. He is to the left of Jerry Brown. Newsome is anti gun. Newsome is pro illegal. And ETC, ETC, ETC...
Legislation was just passed and surely will be signed that regulates cattle flatulence. Ranchers must now begin to regulate flatulence.
I will now need an ID and a background check each time I buy ammunition. Each background check is $25. Even if I purchase ammunition the following day.
And yada, yada, yada.....
California has a tremendous debt and has a public employee debt load for retiree benefits.

msubobcats@outlook.com

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:08 pm

RickRund wrote:Had a realtor come by and it looks as if we are selling.The terrible politics are driving us out. And MANY others. And it will become even more restrictive with the new guv that will be elected.
Patti had thought about moving to the Townsend area to be close to her Sister.And even thought about Helena. I told her she probably would not care for the winters. The only time I had been to Helena was for softball in the 70's.
Probably will plant ourselves in Idaho, somewhere in Kootenai County. Still close enough to the CATS..
Try Lewistown, ID/Clarkston, WA. At only 750 feet above sea level, it has mild winters with next to no snow, long summers and pretty much all the amenities (Costco in Clarkston, Lewiston has a beautiful downtown area, etc.)

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:10 pm

And yes, get out while the housing market is halfway decent. Liberalism is a disease - borderline mental disorder.

94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:17 pm

So more people will leave there to places like MT and slowly try to turn MT into exactly what they left.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:32 pm

LTown Cat wrote:So more people will leave there to places like MT and slowly try to turn MT into exactly what they left.
The way of the world, is it not? :kicksrock:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:42 pm

LTown Cat wrote:So more people will leave there to places like MT and slowly try to turn MT into exactly what they left.
Us , and those like us, that are moving into Idaho will not change Idaho into what we left. We will strengthen what it already is. Those for the very, very large part that are leaving california and heading to Idaho are not left leaning by any means.
We are leaving a rotting cesspool and moving to a really nice place.

msubobcats@outlook.com

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:53 pm

RickRund wrote:
Us , and those like us, that are moving into Idaho will not change Idaho into what we left. We will strengthen what it already is. Those for the very, very large part that are leaving california and heading to Idaho are not left leaning by any means.
Don't get me wrong. I could tell by your first post you weren't in that category.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:32 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I could tell by your first post you weren't in that category.
Thanks...
I have known a few in the other category and I did not appreciate them.
I did always wonder why people would that fit so well into a california style mentality, LEFTIES, would want to a place where they don't really fit in. I guess you understand my question.

Funny how this post changed directions...
When I lived in Montana we had several family friends from Lewistown, friends of my in laws. The in laws, my ex were from Lewiston.

msubobcats@outlook.com

ChiOCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by ChiOCat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:59 pm

I recommend Queensland - the winters are really nice :) The politics are fairly sane. And you can have a gun if you join a gun club. :)

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:29 pm

ChiOCat wrote:I recommend Queensland - the winters are really nice :) The politics are fairly sane. And you can have a gun if you join a gun club. :)
There are two places on my bucket list; Scotland/Ireland and Australia/New Zealand..... Better start playing the lottery.

msubobcats@outlook.com

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:09 am

Knew a retire that moved to Argentina 25 years ago. Said on his pension and SS he lived like a king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:35 am

77matcat wrote:Knew a retire that moved to Argentina 25 years ago. Said on his pension and SS he lived like a king.

Wouldn't want to live that far away. The commute for football games would suck, living like a king or not.

Sent from my etch-a-sketch

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:39 am

Ya....... What the hell was I thinken. The burro ride to the airport would take a day all by its self.

Would have to stay with relatives during football season

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:10 pm

RickRund wrote:
I spent a little over 3 years in Southern California and while I loved the lifestyle, (living by the beach, and the warm winters) my wife and I couldn't stand how left the state was moving. So, we moved back in 2012 back to Washington.

At least Washington State has no income tax, which is really nice.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow