Epicenter Sports and Entertainment

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Epicenter Sports and Entertainment

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Just to do some gratuitious low-cost, low-return marketing, here is the website of the development that I am working for in Sonoma County, California. It will be fully opening in mid-November of 2016, so this football season is about shot for us, but in future years I will see to it that it is an MSU and Big Sky Conference venue ... which will probably make it the only such venue in California.

http://www.visitepicenter.com

When any of you are traveling to Wine Country, drop me a line and stop by -- Bobcats will get the VIP treatment!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Epicenter Sports and Entertainment

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:27 pm

SonomaCat wrote:Just to do some gratuitious low-cost, low-return marketing, here is the website of the development that I am working for in Sonoma County, California. It will be fully opening in mid-November of 2016, so this football season is about shot for us, but in future years I will see to it that it is an MSU and Big Sky Conference venue ... which will probably make it the only such venue in California.

When any of you are traveling to Wine Country, drop me a line and stop by -- Bobcats will get the VIP treatment!
We will be visiting my Cousin's Vineyard/Winery in Healdsburg soon so will be looking you up. Looks like quite a venue

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:18 am

Looks like fun. If I book my kid's Birthday party there, do you cover travel costs? :wink: She recently went to Billings for friend's birthday party at a trampoline place that sounds similar to this, but I don't think it had all of the other activities.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 pm

catbooster wrote:Looks like fun. If I book my kid's Birthday party there, do you cover travel costs? :wink: She recently went to Billings for friend's birthday party at a trampoline place that sounds similar to this, but I don't think it had all of the other activities.
As soon as we can convince somebody to donate a private jet to us, we'll get you hooked up on the travel to our facility! :wink: We're only a few miles from the local airport, so we have that going for us ... for what that is worth.

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:23 pm

SonomaCat wrote:Just to do some gratuitious low-cost, low-return marketing, here is the website of the development that I am working for in Sonoma County, California. It will be fully opening in mid-November of 2016, so this football season is about shot for us, but in future years I will see to it that it is an MSU and Big Sky Conference venue ... which will probably make it the only such venue in California.

So, you gonna host a Cat/Griz party there this year? Grand opening type event? We would definitely make the trip over from Davis for that.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:06 pm

SaxCat wrote:

So, you gonna host a Cat/Griz party there this year? Grand opening type event? We would definitely make the trip over from Davis for that.
I thought we were on the list to have one this year, but I just looked at the MSU website and we aren't on it -- I'll have to dig up those emails and advance that conversation. The opening of the bar keeps getting pushed out so I've been a little nervous about scheduling a party for this year ... it may be better if we just hold off and do it right next year. I just know I'd be having a stress-related breakdown if we came down to the wire and for whatever reason (city inspectors, liquor license, etc.) we weren't ready to roll when the Cat/Griz party came around. That would be my equivalent of a bride's wedding day being ruined.

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:47 pm

I saw the article in the Press Democrat last week. it looks nice. I'll need to go over there and check it out sometime.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:22 pm

We're finally open and just starting to roll out the press:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/lifestyle/ ... artslide=0

http://www.northbaybusinessjournal.com/ ... -epicenter

It's not a well kept secret that my long term plan is for us to perfect this business model and then look to open some version of this kind of facility in Bozeman. It may never pencil out, but a guy can dream!

An interesting side note -- the younger brother of the guy that does most of the talking in the video in the second link was a walk-on WR for MSU back in the Kramer years.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:40 pm

That place sounds awesome [emoji122]. Wish we had something like that in NW Montana for days it's too cold to be skiing or sledding. Good luck. Hope it's successful.