Question about Mac Bignell...

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Question about Mac Bignell...

Post by RickRund » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:40 pm

As we were heading to Placid Lake for some camping I noticed a ranch on Hwy 200. BIGNELL ANGUS Ranch. Figured it was probably a relation. Not far past the Avon turnoff.
And also a routing question. Our Garmin in the truck gave us a route to Townsend from Coeur d'Alene and had us taking 200 east of Missoula to12 instead of taking the Garrison turnoff. Anyone know which might be quicker. 200 does not have as good a highway but it sure was is a pretty drive.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Question about Mac Bignell...

Post by St George » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:24 am

If it is not too late, I would take I90 to Garrison. then to Helena and then south to Townsend. Unless there was some major construction with long delays.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:05 am

St George wrote:If it is not too late, I would take I90 to Garrison. then to Helena and then south to Townsend. Unless there was some major construction with long delays.
We did take the Garrison route. I just love that drive, the scenery. We could be right at home in those valleys. But heading back to Idaho we will drop onto 200 and go to missoula.
Just got confused as to why the Garmin wanted us to route onto 200.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:53 pm

Always follow the Garmin. Even if it tells you to drive into the Kibbie dome and spin bodies, it will not ever lead you wrong.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:37 pm

RickRund wrote:As we were heading to Placid Lake for some camping I noticed a ranch on Hwy 200. BIGNELL ANGUS Ranch. Figured it was probably a relation. Not far past the Avon turnoff.
And also a routing question. Our Garmin in the truck gave us a route to Townsend from Coeur d'Alene and had us taking 200 east of Missoula to12 instead of taking the Garrison turnoff. Anyone know which might be quicker. 200 does not have as good a highway but it sure was is a pretty drive.
I believe that ranch is where Clay and Brian Bignell grew up.

GO CATS!!!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:57 pm

canyoncat wrote:
RickRund wrote:As we were heading to Placid Lake for some camping I noticed a ranch on Hwy 200. BIGNELL ANGUS Ranch. Figured it was probably a relation. Not far past the Avon turnoff.
I believe that ranch is where Clay and Brian Bignell grew up.
This is correct.