Self Promotion

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Self Promotion

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:02 am

As some of you are already aware, I have always been something of a hobby writer on the side. Lately, I've decided to try to step up the quality of my writing as well as begin to submit some work to magazines and publishers.

To try to advance both fronts, I have a website that contains all of my better writing samples to date. I've recently reworked the entire format of the site, added a couple new stories, and spent some time reworking some of the older stories. It's an evolving process, and I hope to be able to continue to improve the existing stories as well as add news ones in the coming months.

For those of you who are interested, I would love to get any kind of feedback via email that I can on ways to improve any of the stories, or even feedback as simple as which ones you think could have some potential and which ones should be abandoned. I've read them all so many times that I've lost some degree of perspective. Someone else's perspective is so much more insightful for me at this point than anything I can do on my own.

Also, if any of you have any experience in the publishing of short stories on any level, or if you know people that do, I would appreciate any guidance that could push me in the right direction. I've boughts lots of books and done the obligatory internet research, but the insight of a real live person would be invaluable.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes an interest in this little hobby of mine. I truly appreciate it.

http://www.thebergum.com/pages/1/index.htm

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:43 am

What the Hell is a BLOG.
You are right everyone has one, but I have no Idea what they are suppost to be! I have heard though, that in San Fran. you can now get a shot for them at your local clinic.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:48 am

mslacat: I had the same question a couple weeks ago. Here's the best definition I can find:

http://www.blogger.com/tour_start.g

Essentially, it's just a message board that only one person posts to. I don't know how much use mine will get -- if I get in the habit of writing during my commute, it could be a good exercise for me.