Diesel fuel.

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Diesel fuel.

Post by allcat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:15 pm

LTCF suggested that I start using fuel from Cenex. He got much better mileage. I am not noticing much mileage difference, but my motorhome sure seems to have more power. I've only had a diesel a little over a year, so I don't know that much about them.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Diesel fuel.

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:54 pm

It's true, I go out of my way to buy road master diesel for more power and better mileage.

Anyone want to take a stab a why that is?

The red stuff (field master) is even better, but you're not supposed run that stuff in your pickup ;)

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:23 pm

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

I've been buying my fuel at Costco here in Billings. For awhile it was 20 cents lees a gallon than the other stations around town. The issue that I see regardless of where I get the fuel is when they start to winter blend the fuel, then my mileage drops. Summer blend is when I get the best mileage out of my Excursion. I some times use Diesel Clean (grey bottle) and it helps out the mpg a little.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:17 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:I've been buying my fuel at Costco here in Billings. For awhile it was 20 cents lees a gallon than the other stations around town. The issue that I see regardless of where I get the fuel is when they start to winter blend the fuel, then my mileage drops. Summer blend is when I get the best mileage out of my Excursion. I some times use Diesel Clean (grey bottle) and it helps out the mpg a little.
Right. They pull the paraffin out of the #1 because that's what gels so the fuel is less dense therefore having fewer hydrocarbons.