Kennedy Gone?

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Kennedy Gone?

Post by mslacat » Sun May 09, 2004 3:08 pm

********************** Pure Rumor *****************************

I am hearing that University Montana head basketball coach Pat Kennedy is about to leave. It sounds like he will get the job unless the University of Towson Chancaler veto's the hiring when he gets back from a trip on Monday. Even if he was not to not get the job there is a high likelyhood he will not be back next year. Speculation is right now has Tinkle and Krysowiak angleing to get the Job. With out a stong athletic director like Hogan you wonder what direction the University might go to fill the possition.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun May 09, 2004 3:36 pm

Serious question: Is this a sign that Kennedy really wanted to get out (a Hogan thing, a city boy thing, etc.?), or are BSC/UM basketball coaching jobs really that crappy? I can't see how Towson could be much of a step up from any other D-I job. Unless, of course, Kennedy has a soft spot in his heart for Baltimore. Maybe he's an Orioles fan.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun May 09, 2004 4:27 pm

I think he knows he's about to get canned, and has the good smarts to take a job while he still can get one. Damn... I guess he's smarter than I gave him credit for!

GO CATS GO!!!