Kerry trashes Bush on foreign soil

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:40 am

WHAT!!!!! I just re-read the Honolulu article. It's friggin' dated May 13, 2004!!!

'93HonoluluCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by '93HonoluluCat » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:40 am

I'm sorry...note to self: double check the URL when posting. :oops:

The article I had first wanted to put here is actually from BAC's backyard...Here it is--with a date of 6 January 2005.

Beaker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Beaker » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:59 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:46 pm

Okay, that makes sense of the "foreign soil" thing.

I still don't see anything too controversial in his comments, though. It's kind of hard to come up with any counterarguments to anything he said.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:51 pm

Phew! That's better. I still no problem with it and he said, it's time to move forward. After doing what SOME refer to as 'bashing,' which I think is hardly the case, he sounded very constructive.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:24 pm

...actually, the world thought we were idiots for going after and getting Nixon, for my two cents worth. Love to spend some time in here but I don't have anything intelligent to offer.

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:45 pm

iaafan wrote:Bleedin: Only 1/2 the world thinks Bush is a moron? Is that because only half the world knows who he is?
hmmmmmmmmmmm...good point. BAC might be correct...could be closer to 75%....I wonder if the old adage, "it takes one to know one" explains that stat to some degree?

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:39 am

I believe the most recent polls showed that somewhere between 80 and 90% of the world thinks (knows) w is a moron. Somewhere around 50% of americans have figured that out. The polls didn't actually use the word moron, but the meaning was fairly consistent.

"that depends on what your definition of torture is"

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:59 am

History has shown you're usally doing the right thing when, "80 and 90% of the world thinks " you are doing the wrong thing.

In our life time we'll know if taking a stand against terror was the right choice or not. I'm sure the world thought the American revolution was wrong and George W. (ashington) was a moron also.

The above comment in no way express's my support for the way the war on terror is being conducted. I've always thought if 80 or 90% of the people say something is wrong most times it turns out to be right. :shock:

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:34 am

jagur1 wrote:History has shown you're usally doing the right thing when, "80 and 90% of the world thinks " you are doing the wrong thing.

In our life time we'll know if taking a stand against terror was the right choice or not. I'm sure the world thought the American revolution was wrong and George W. (ashington) was a moron also.

The above comment in no way express's my support for the way the war on terror is being conducted. I've always thought if 80 or 90% of the people say something is wrong most times it turns out to be right. :shock:
I don't think the war on terror is the one that has anyone in the world upset at us (except maybe the terrorists). Ironically, it is those same terrorists who are likely among the few who support our decisions regarding Iraq.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:59 am

I'd like to know how many people are able to differentiate the War on Terror from the War on Iraq. Sounds like quite a few are struggling with this 'detail.'

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:08 am

Yet another one that won't be answered for awhile. Iraq might be the best thing or the worst thing to happen on the war on terror. It could prove to be a black hole sucking in all the terroist attention and resources. or it could be a black hole for the US. Just remember a lot of good things came out of the Vietnam experiance for the US & the world.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:10 pm

I have basically ignored this thread, not a lot to accomplish here, but I have noticed how IT WILL NOT DIE. Given that, and the fact that my wife showed this web site ( that I will admit got a big chuckle out of it) to me over the week-end. For those of us who refuse to let it go , and those who bitch becuase we don't, I present to you a wonderful humorous page and fantastic products.

Link:

http://www.cafepress.com/beatbushgear
Last edited by mslacat on Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beaker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Beaker » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:31 pm

For those of us who refuse to let it go , and those who bitch becuase we don't, I present to you a wonderful humorous page and fantastic products.

Link:

http://www.cafepress.com/beatbushgear
Those colors just don't work for me. I prefer these:
http://www.cafepress.com/rightwingstuff

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:44 pm

Ugh... I'd have to say that I would steer clear of anyone wearing (or otherwise displaying) anything from either of those sites. Those people are a little too desperate to blindly belong to a team, and generally not so concerned about critical thinking.

Rash generalization? Of course... but I'm comfortable with that.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:09 pm

The great thing about it is that they are not seperate sites but the same site profintting off both sides. Aaaaaaaaaaah american

Beaker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Beaker » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:27 pm

The great thing about it is that they are not seperate sites but the same site profintting off both sides. Aaaaaaaaaaah american
I think its pretty funny myself.