Montana Connected!

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Montana Connected!

Post by raincat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:38 am

I was just reading my new copy of Washington (the State) CEO Magazine. A section entitled "Power Elite" furnishes 2004's list of the 50 most powerful people in Washington...those who both make things happen and affect the most peoples lives. #1 if Bill Gates, Microsoft CEO (in case you're brain dead), and includes #9 Kerry Killinger, CEO of Washington Mutual, #14 Harry Stonecipher CEO of Boeing, #20 Blake Nordstrom, #24 Howard Lincoln CEO the Mariners, #37 Mike McGavick CEO Safeco Insurance, #40 Steve Rogel CEO Weyerhaeuser, #47 Robert Spitzer President Gonzaga University. I said all that to talk about #23 and #35. #23 is Mic Dinsmore CEO the Port of Seattle. The "Port" includes both the 5th largest port in the USA and SEATAC Airport which is in the midst of a $4 billion overhaul. #35 is Don Brunell, President of the Association of Washington Business (AWB). AWB is one of Washington's oldest and most influential business organizations with more tha 4,000 members large and small. Brunell lobbies Olympia for business growth.
I remember both of these guys when they were athletes at Butte High. Dinsmore was a wrestler and played football, Brunell on the track team. They graduated a year apart in the mid-60's.
Raincat again failed to make the list.....

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:42 pm

Any mention of whitemeat in there? Even though I live in Montana, the reach of my power goes through Washington. :wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:25 pm

Meat...maybe. # 28 is Frank Chopp. Maybe??

northerncat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by northerncat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:11 pm

I assume that Dinsmore and Brunell are MSU grads? Engineering, I assume?