Blue state wins again

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Blue state wins again

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:48 am

USC (California, blue) 55, Oklahoma (very red in more ways than one) 19

New England beat Carolina, Red Sox beat St. Louis, Lakers beat San Antonio and Detroit beat Indy to get to Finals.

Looks like it could even be an all-blue Super Bowl Pitts/NE/SD vs. Philly. Stay tuned.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:52 am

Of course, the only time the red and the blue were truly in play, the red won.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:45 am

Are you talking Griz (reddish) and Cats or Bush (red) or Kerry (blue)? Because the Griz are really blue and the Cats are a little red and the blue did win that game. Sorry. I didn't mention that one, but was wondering if anyone else would.

Being from the great state of California -- home of the statesman Arnold Schwankshiswagger -- you must be proud. As long as we get Big Bri in Montana you can have Ahnie (well, at least until the next guber... in Cali).

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:45 am

iaafan wrote:Are you talking Griz (reddish) and Cats or Bush (red) or Kerry (blue)? Because the Griz are really blue and the Cats are a little red and the blue did win that game. Sorry. I didn't mention that one, but was wondering if anyone else would.

Being from the great state of California -- home of the statesman Arnold Schwankshiswagger -- you must be proud. As long as we get Big Bri in Montana you can have Ahnie (well, at least until the next guber... in Cali).
I was speaking of Bush v. Kerry.

As for Arnold, here's a summary of his big speech from last night. He's actually doing some pretty impressive things so far in California. I was a skeptic at first, but I think he might actually have what it takes to be a very effective (in terms of getting some very hard things accomplished) politician. That's particularly hard in California.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... LIQR58.DTL

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:09 pm

We're all capable of change and Arnold seems to be someone to take seriously from the article in comparison to his "girly-man" comments among others.

In retrospect Arnold has proven to be a winner and from the bios I've
seen on him he is an extremely hard worker. He also has an infectious personality, an inroad to politics via his wife, and is literally a self-made man in more ways than one -- bodybuilding, acting. Maybe politics, too.

I'm sure there are others in the red party like him (self-made...Nixon comes to mind), but he is a breath of fresh air for the party.

Nevertheless (in trying to stick with the fun) I'll be rooting for Seattle over St. L.; Minn/GB, Denver/Indy and SD/Jets are a wash for all those who root along party lines.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:15 pm

iaafan wrote:We're all capable of change and Arnold seems to be someone to take seriously from the article in comparison to his "girly-man" comments among others.

In retrospect Arnold has proven to be a winner and from the bios I've
seen on him he is an extremely hard worker. He also has an infectious personality, an inroad to politics via his wife, and is literally a self-made man in more ways than one -- bodybuilding, acting. Maybe politics, too.

I'm sure there are others in the red party like him (self-made...Nixon comes to mind), but he is a breath of fresh air for the party.

Nevertheless (in trying to stick with the fun) I'll be rooting for Seattle over St. L.; Minn/GB, Denver/Indy and SD/Jets are a wash for all those who root along party lines.
I actually didn't mind his "girly-man" thing. It shocked me how many people that were upset about it didn't even understand the SNL skit reference. They thought he was using the term in a serious tone as opposed to using it ironically in a self-deprecating character (as those Hans and Franz skits made fun of him). Of course, those who were really upset with him were generally those who would never vote for him anyway (the types who think R stands for "evil"), so it probably didn't hurt him much.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:35 pm

I see what you mean, but I did watch the SNL skits. The problem I had with it is that he should've known that not THAT many people watch SNL, so stay away from the line. I thought it was a bad move in that regard, but since I must be included in your "R" group (yes, I caught that you slippery eel), then I kind of liked it (the mistake). Honestly, I do know many good Rs and count them as friends. There are so many in Montana. And I don't dislike all Rs, mostly just the one who sleeze their way into office.

Hmm, lets see, give me time and I'll think of one in particular.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:43 am

Back to blue states winning. Weber State--extremely red, ISU very red both lost to Missoula very blue although inside red and MSU not quite as red. PSU/SSU was blue vs. blue and EW blue beat NAU red. So Blues were 3-0-1 last night. Lame, yes, but I'll take it.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:01 am

That one I will "concede" iaa. :wink: