Is there a Seahawks Nation-type board?

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Is there a Seahawks Nation-type board?

Post by El_Gato » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:45 pm

Does anyone have a link?

As a former season ticket buyer for the Seaflops, I want to find their board and start "banging the drum" for Holmgren's firing.

I'm sitting here watching the JETS, for crying outloud, dismantle the Seachickens and it just continues to confound me that people think Holmgren is a good coach or a smart football guy.

MIKE HOLMGREN IS SIMPLY THE MOST OVERRATED COACH IN THE NFL, PERIOD. I pity whatever team thinks he's the answer and hires him once Seattle finally wakes up and smells the Starbuck's and dumps this tub of goo overboard...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:12 pm

El Gato: Just to show you being an NFL coach may be among the most secure job positions around (like banking used to be), after the blowout today the local Seattle sports casters were speculating Holmgrem will be gone at year-end with a likely chance he'll end up with the head job in San Francisco after Donohue manuvers Erickson out.

'93HonoluluCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by '93HonoluluCat » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:30 pm

Spanish Cat:

Here's the board I like to read: http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com ... m.php?f=14

I agree with your assessment of their despicable year. And to think they were once considered one of the strongest teams in the NFC... :shock:

To me, the team can be summed up in one play: a couple of weeks ago during an onside kickoff, there were no 'Hawks--not a one--that attempted to field the ball. "No heart," they mentioned on ESPN--and I agree. :roll:

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:53 pm

I'm sure Holmgren was acting on the best information available to him at the time, and should therefore not be criticized. You can't play football games with the football team you want -- you play with the football team you have.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:32 pm

Bay, we're talking about football. You want to bitch about Rumsfeld & Bush, and the rest of us "right wing"-ers, start your own thread.

You already lumped us all together in your anti-Christmas rant; take it over there.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:39 pm

El_Gato wrote:Bay, we're talking about football. You want to bitch about Rumsfeld & Bush, and the rest of us "right wing"-ers, start your own thread.

You already lumped us all together in your anti-Christmas rant; take it over there.
I was simply applying a certain form of logic consistently. I assumed that if it worked in one realm, it would work in another. So I posted it about FOOTBALL. Interesting that you didn't like it....

"Anti-Christmas?" What did I post that was anti-Christmas? Or was that an intentionally ironic comment?

I didn't lump anyone together in that other thread -- I was speaking specifically of those people who hold that myopic view.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:51 pm

rain,

Yeah, same thing in ALL pro sports. All you really need as a head coach is 2 playoff appearances and you're set for at least 10 years; they may not all come in the same place, but for the $$ those guys get, I'll move around a few times.

I've always felt Holmgren should have won a couple of SB's and been in a couple more with the crew the Pack had in the 90's. He got outcoached by Jimmy Johnson EVERY TIME they faced each other...

He's had plenty of time to prove his "genius" in Seattle; hell, the League even made it easier for him by moving him into the NFC, yet his team STILL SUCKS!!

Bottom line: Mike Holmgren is thought of as a superior coach because of ONE lucky event; when the Packers got their hands on Brett Favre.

grizbeer
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizbeer » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:22 pm

I think it is ironic that Erickson was fired from the Hawks for not getting to the playoffs, in part due to a bad call from the refs in the Jets game.

Now Holmgren is likely to be fired for not getting the Hawks to the top of the NFC, and again the refs play a part by not reviewing the TD in the Cowboys MNF game. Really ironic if, in some small way, a bad call by the refs in a Seattle game cause Erickson to get fired again because Holmgren gets fired because of a bad call.

I'm with you though Gato, it is time for Holmgren to go. I never really liked him, and I am pretty sure Erickson could have continued to go 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 every year - Erickson did t with no talent or budget when the team had their equipment moved to LA.

I still think the reason Seattle got rid of Erickson is that Paul Allen is a Husky fan and Erickson once coached the Cougs.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:46 pm

El, you are a Seahawk fan? How can someone with such good taste in college football teams have such bad taste in the NFL! :)

I'm sure you remember my team, the Seaflops were up by 17 with about 8 to play in the 4th, but choked and lost by 6 in OT giving up 23 unanswered points in about 9 minutes. Oh man I can close my eyes and still see Bulger throwing that beautiful bomb to McDonald for the 52 yard game winner in OT.

:D

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:44 pm

No, I'm not a Seachicken fan. But I did have season tickets for a couple years when I lived there because it's one of those things you do when you're a sports nut. Besides, it was the only season ticket I could actually AFFORD!!!