Fantasy Baseball

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fantasy Baseball

Post by wbtfg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:02 am

Question...

Let's say someone wants to trade me a pick for Shane Victorino. We agree that we are trading a 1st round pick. So I assume I would get that person's first round pick as well as my own first round pick? And then in the 2nd (3rd 4th...etc)round the pick order remains the same as if there were no picks make.

So...CatBlitz says he's looking to trade the first pick. If we make a trade, I would have 2 first round picks and he still stays in that first spot for the remaining rounds...correct?

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 pm

wbtfg wrote:Question...

Let's say someone wants to trade me a pick for Shane Victorino. We agree that we are trading a 1st round pick. So I assume I would get that person's first round pick as well as my own first round pick? And then in the 2nd (3rd 4th...etc)round the pick order remains the same as if there were no picks make.

So...CatBlitz says he's looking to trade the first pick. If we make a trade, I would have 2 first round picks and he still stays in that first spot for the remaining rounds...correct?
yes and no........the fifth round pick would go to you (our first one picking) and then he wouldn't pick again until the last pick of the 6th round; per the snake

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Can we trade pick for pick? Or does it have to be a player for a pick?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:56 pm

it can be for whatever.

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm

If the last 8 people don't vote today by 5, we'll leave it as is and roll out the draft Monday night

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:49 pm

With 10 minutes left to go until the deadline, its safe to say we'll go into the draft Monday with the status quo.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:54 am

Check your email because THE DRAFT IS TONIGHT

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:36 pm

catamaran wrote:With 10 minutes left to go until the deadline, its safe to say we'll go into the draft Monday with the status quo.
So sorry, have been away from a computer since Wednesday! Will be there tonight!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:38 pm

vike_king wrote:
catamaran wrote:With 10 minutes left to go until the deadline, its safe to say we'll go into the draft Monday with the status quo.
So sorry, have been away from a computer since Wednesday! Will be there tonight!
that's what's more important......I don't think it would have passed anyway

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:53 pm

catamaran wrote:Check your email because THE DRAFT IS TONIGHT
Just in case you don't visit the site, the draft starts at 6:30 mst

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi all - I (Southside Blue Sox) likely won't make the draft tonight, but I have set up my autopick strategy and edited the draft rankings a bit. So, at least I won't just be following the standard ESPN ranks!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 am

God damn it. Had something come up and missed the draft. Sorry guys. :-(

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 am

My autopics gave me an abundance of infielders. Let me know if u need 1b, 2b, 3b, ss. Looking for OF, SP, RP

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 am

wbtfg wrote:My autopics gave me an abundance of infielders. Let me know if u need 1b, 2b, 3b, ss. Looking for OF, SP, RP
the espn software also lets you set a "trade block" from your roster page. That would show people exactly who you want to trade and who you might be interested in

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 pm

My whole team is up for auction. I'll be proposing trades soon.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:09 pm

for those of you who spend more time on here than in your email, don't forget tomorrow starts the season so set your lineup before 11 mst

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Looking to trade starlin castro and/or derrick lee for rp, sp, or of

Would also consider trading Weeks or Cano

Let me know if u need help at 2b or SS

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Air Force Cat » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Right now I am honestly willing to trade any fielder on my team, with the exception of Mauer and Braun. Any position player besides those two I am willing to part with. Send me offers if you are interested. (and no BS offers, i'm willing to do this right now because everybody is playing like $h!t and I need a boost) Also maybe willing to throw a pitcher into the deal, but it has to be good, I kind of like where my pitching will be. Let the deals begin!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Air Force Cat wrote:Right now I am honestly willing to trade any fielder on my team, with the exception of Mauer and Braun. Any position player besides those two I am willing to part with. Send me offers if you are interested. (and no BS offers, i'm willing to do this right now because everybody is playing like $h!t and I need a boost) Also maybe willing to throw a pitcher into the deal, but it has to be good, I kind of like where my pitching will be. Let the deals begin!
Hopefully Mauer is able to make it back to full strength. It sounds like is injury is pretty rare people on unclear how long it will take to get back to full strength.

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Air Force Cat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:08 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Air Force Cat wrote:Right now I am honestly willing to trade any fielder on my team, with the exception of Mauer and Braun. Any position player besides those two I am willing to part with. Send me offers if you are interested. (and no BS offers, i'm willing to do this right now because everybody is playing like $h!t and I need a boost) Also maybe willing to throw a pitcher into the deal, but it has to be good, I kind of like where my pitching will be. Let the deals begin!
Hopefully Mauer is able to make it back to full strength. It sounds like is injury is pretty rare people on unclear how long it will take to get back to full strength.
Yeah and it was perfectly timed with this message #-o
I picked up a no-name catcher that has started the season hot so MAYBE I can get something going soon