Sharing Tickets with Apple Wallet

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Sharing Tickets with Apple Wallet

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm not seeing the option to share with others, if I wanted to send one of my tickets to a friend or relative. Anybody have any tips or tricks for that? I guess I can just zoom in on the bar code and do a screen shot and text that... if anyone can confirm that will for sure work? Thanks in advance.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sharing Tickets with Apple Wallet

Post by wbtfg » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:38 am

We’ve been using screen shots all year and has worked fine.

snarf
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by snarf » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:29 am

There isn't a way to share directly from Apple wallet. You can send from your Tickets West Account. If you do that, the bar code will disappear in Apple Wallet from any tickets you tranfer. The screen shot will work, but you need to be careful with that if you still have some tickets that you are using yourself. If you accidentally use one of the ones that you have screenshotted, the screenshot version won't work anymore.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:02 pm

Revisiting this, is there anything different with ticket sharing this year, or what's the recommended approach? I am buying tickets for friends and family and just want to make sure I get them something electronically and that it's reliable.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:15 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:02 pm
Revisiting this, is there anything different with ticket sharing this year, or what's the recommended approach? I am buying tickets for friends and family and just want to make sure I get them something electronically and that it's reliable.
Just added one of my season tickets to my wallet to check if the share option was there yet and it is still not available. I know talking with folks at MSU last year they thought this was a limitation with Ticketswest and had said they had requested it but appears it still isn't an option. Honestly screenshots and share them with folks is probably easiest, though you can still go into your Ticketswest account and actually transfer tickets to another person (they have to have a Ticketswest account also to transfer to).

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon