CATS in grizland

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedsBlue&Gold
BobcatNation Letterman

CATS in grizland

Post by BleedsBlue&Gold » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:06 pm

I haven't ran into too many smart people in this town. An occasional bobcat hat or shirt here or there.

But for the most part, the bandwagon is died maroon and silver. And they are not afraid to let you hear it, . . . . as long as they are winning.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:33 pm

can this post include any cats in the helena area....courious

This space for rent....

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:45 pm

For some odd reason there seams to be a lot of Griz fans in Glasgow too. For the life of me I can't figure out why an agriculture community would support UM... Baffles me...

FTG

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:06 am

The thing of it is, it's nice to be a Cat like it's nice to be a guy. When my little man steps outside and pis-es off the porch and my wife starts complaining, I simply ask her if she knows why he does that and she's finally answering correctly: "Because he can!" Just turn Mazzola into one big Cat Box :wink: A lot of the reason Glasgow has so many Fizzlie fans has to do with our lack of recruiting over here. I don't know if Green, their starting center last year, was initially a walk-on but they've had several kids do pretty well for them coming from this end of the state. They even had a kid from Scobey start for them when they beat Furman in Choo Choo. The only one that really sticks out in my mind for us was Les Leninger from Westby. We've had quite a few basketball players but they never contributed like the Selvigs...But you're right, it is plumb strange to see almost as many sh-t brown plates as MSU plates in Glasgow :oops: It just don't seem right :?

mquast53000

Post by mquast53000 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:23 am

[quote="Cat Grad"]I don't know if Green, their starting center last year, was initially a walk-on but they've had several kids do pretty well for them coming from this end of the state. [quote]

I thought Green went to Utah State and then transfered to the Griz... Not 100% sure though.

FTG

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:15 pm

I really don't know; for whatever reason I've never followed their program very closely :lol:

mquast53000

Post by mquast53000 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:38 pm

Cat Grad wrote:I really don't know; for whatever reason I've never followed their program very closely :lol:
At any rate, anyone that increases Griz intrest is on my s**t list.

FTG

BleedsBlue&Gold
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BleedsBlue&Gold » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:23 pm

Green did transfer from Utah St. Dennehy had him down there.
Is there any Glasgow Scotties playing for the Cats?

-Have you ran into Brian Archdale in Wolf Point?

Stevicat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Stevicat » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:46 pm

I live in Stevensville but work in Missoula and proudly drive my truck with Bobcat plates. My wife's van also has Cat plates. I go to the Cat-Griz game when in town, sit in the GAA section of the stands wearing my Bobcat hat and jacket!!! I actually have griz season tickets and wear my Bobcat gear and listen to the Cat game on the radio while watching the griz game. The griz fans around me are pretty cool and we tease each other depending on how the seasons are going for each team.

I'm not a jerk about it but I am certainly not ashamed to be a proud Bobcat in griz country!

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: CATS in grizland

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:05 pm

BleedsBlue&Gold wrote:I haven't ran into too many smart people in this town. An occasional bobcat hat or shirt here or there.

But for the most part, the bandwagon is died maroon and silver. And they are not afraid to let you hear it, . . . . as long as they are winning.
Are you a current booster? Just wondering...we spent about a week this year putting together a pretty comprehensive mailing list that includes Alumni and boosters. Of course, people fall through the cracks due mostly to not being on any "official" list (i.e., either an Alumni, or a Booster). If you want to be included in future mailings, send me a PM with your address.

Given your username, we're probably neighbors!!!

Anyone in the area, for that matter, feel free to PM me the pertinent info, and I'll see that you make the "A" list.
Last edited by Bleedinbluengold on Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mquast53000

Post by mquast53000 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:26 am

BleedsBlue&Gold wrote: -Have you ran into Brian Archdale in Wolf Point?
I haven't met up Brian, but I always hear stories... I guess he is still HUGE. He is on the police department over in Wolf Point. He is the designated door buster. I was told that he is the first one to enter any room. Imagine seeing someone Brian's size walk through your front door... That would be enough to calm anyone down.

FTG

briannell

cats in msla

Post by briannell » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:31 pm

MSU alumni Shane Clouse is in Missoula. He owns the Pink Grizzly and has a local country band Stomping Ground. He's worth going out to see play. :D

Rebecca Nell

Rebecca
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please donate to PEDS cancer research-
a cure is just around the bend

support mastiff rescue
www.mastiff.org

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:40 am

How ironic - I had no idea Shane was a Cat. I just watched his band last Friday night. He played at the adult hockey league party.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:44 am

Bleedinbluengold wrote:How ironic - I had no idea Shane was a Cat. I just watched his band last Friday night. He played at the adult hockey league party.
All of the best people in Missoula are Cat's

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:48 am

mslacat wrote:All of the best people in Missoula are Cat's
I hear that!!! :wink:

GO CATS GO!!!

briannell

stomping ground

Post by briannell » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:32 am

Shane is awesome so of course he's a BOBCAT!!!!!

Rebecca Nell :D

Rebecca
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please donate to PEDS cancer research-
a cure is just around the bend

support mastiff rescue
www.mastiff.org

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:28 am

mquast53000 wrote:For some odd reason there seams to be a lot of Griz fans in Glasgow too. For the life of me I can't figure out why an agriculture community would support UM... Baffles me...
HMMM the word Bandwagon ring a bell mike? :roll:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

mquast53000

Post by mquast53000 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:31 am

grizzh8r wrote: HMMM the word Bandwagon ring a bell mike? :roll:
All too loud and clear...

FTG

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: cats in msla

Post by PapaG » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:26 am

briannell wrote:MSU alumni Shane Clouse is in Missoula. He owns the Pink Grizzly and has a local country band Stomping Ground. He's worth going out to see play. :D

Rebecca Nell
I used to see his rock band Father Midnight play in college. They even played a huge party at our fraternity.

It's sad to hear he gave up rock for country.:wink: