Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HassFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by HassFan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:45 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
HassFan wrote:Chicago and Doobie Brothers Concert at Red Rocks. (oops, that was last night and my smart phone is smarter than the user, so the post didn't actually happen then.)

GO CATS !
Sweet! I'm in Lake Bled Slovenia. If you're ever in the area you have to see it!

Shores of Flathead Lake - getting ready to fire up my ex-brother-in-law #1's boat.... (my sister-in-law has at least allowed me to meet a few great guys that are now not related).

And Lake Bled sounds like a great destination to put on the bucket list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fighting Cancer With Every Breath I Take - Conner, You Are An Inspiration !

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm

In my room at Hotel Atton, Lima, Peru. Just spent an hour or so sunning and swimming, now watching the SF-ATL game "en Espanol".

Headed to Tacna, Peru on Monday night, will spend 4 days at La Mina Cobre Toquepala (Toquepala Copper Mine.).

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:56 pm

rebel wrote:Bozeman.
Lucky! No really, I'm serious. I'm growing tired of Peru...

94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!

ChiOCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by ChiOCat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:51 am

HiLineCat wrote:Executivo Hotel, Nampula, Mozambique, Africa, Got to be the most unusual place I've ever been.
Doing what?

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:52 am

Our new home, Bucasia, Qld. Life is good :D

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Gloubokokoe Hotel, Gloubokokoe, Belarus. Taking the train to Gomel Belarus tomorow. Ran into wrestlers from the US in my hotel in Minsk. they were there for a tournament, one placed first and a couple of thirds.

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Lydell » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Fort Walton Beach, Florida on spring break! Hangin' out with the bikini-clad babes..... er, never mind. Wife just showed up. Just visiting newlywed daughter and son-in-law for a week. Son-in-law stationed at Eglin Air Force Base, reported to be the largest air force base in the world (area-wise). Heading back to Montana tomorrow. Turn up the heater! See y'all.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Barcelo Maya Palace Resort, Puerto Morelos, Mexico (south of Cancun) on my honeymoon. \:D/ First time going the all-incluisve route... Kinda nice not to have to worry about anything.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 pm

grizzh8r wrote:Barcelo Maya Palace Resort, Puerto Morelos, Mexico (south of Cancun) on my honeymoon. \:D/ First time going the all-incluisve route... Kinda nice not to have to worry about anything.
congrats. all-inclusive definitely the way to go. =D^

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon May 06, 2013 5:30 pm

On my way to St. Petersburg via Frnakfurt and by God if there's not some German guy wearing a Cats hoodie

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue May 07, 2013 11:33 am

From the 25th floor of the Bellagio in Las Vegas!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed May 08, 2013 9:01 am

Tahiti Village Las Vegas

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ABQCat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ABQCat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 pm

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if anybody has posted this one yet, but I'm currently at 36,000 feet in an A320 somewhere between SLC and BWI. Isn't technology just swell? :D Too bad you can't watch Bobcat games stream up here as I've found out on two separate occations now. :?

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm also at 30,000 plus feet somewhere between ATL and MSP and sitting next to an NDSU fan that won't leave me alone about MSU backing out of the game with the Bizon. Of course, he also said "we're the Alabama of Division II", so I don't take it too hard.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:52 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:I'm also at 30,000 plus feet somewhere between ATL and MSP and sitting next to an NDSU fan that won't leave me alone about MSU backing out of the game with the Bizon. Of course, he also said "we're the Alabama of Division II", so I don't take it too hard.
Division II? When did we go back in time to 2000? :lol:

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:10 pm

today ... Times Square Hilton NYC. where my wife decided to come with me on this trip, which is good, but the past 45 minutes watching her barter a $10 fedora down to $7 with a street vendor was exhausting!

I was reminded to get on BN when I got off the plane at JFK and the first guy I saw in the terminal had a grizzly shirt on. eewww

saw the Peru post -- I was in Lima and completely forgot to get on BN just to do this!

and was planning on it from Santiago, Chile and forgot there also. damn sorry. Santiago -- twice in one year!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:38 pm

JDoub wrote:today ... Times Square Hilton NYC. where my wife decided to come with me on this trip, which is good, but the past 45 minutes watching her barter a $10 fedora down to $7 with a street vendor was exhausting!

I was reminded to get on BN when I got off the plane at JFK and the first guy I saw in the terminal had a grizzly shirt on. eewww

saw the Peru post -- I was in Lima and completely forgot to get on BN just to do this!

and was planning on it from Santiago, Chile and forgot there also. damn sorry. Santiago -- twice in one year!
So, for comparison's sake, do you like Santiago or Lima better?

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm

On a skateboard

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:23 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
JDoub wrote:today ... Times Square Hilton NYC. where my wife decided to come with me on this trip, which is good, but the past 45 minutes watching her barter a $10 fedora down to $7 with a street vendor was exhausting!

Santiago, by far. Lima seems overcast, dreary, poor, reminds me a bit of Tijuana in terms of appearances.

Santiago with the mountains in the backdrop, European feel and architecture instead of a Latin American vibe. I could live in Santiago. Lima, not so much.

Wine country just outside Santiago is world class. Look up the history of Carménère -- my new favorite wine. Only grown in Chile, Argentina, and now Italy -- originated in France, brought to Argentina by Europeans then to Chile in the 18th century, thought to be extinct from the world by a freeze in the 19th century, then found about a decade ago in Chile erroneously identified as Merlot. I brought as much as I legally could back, but you can find it in the states on occasion. I couldn't find any in Bozeman last I was there (June), but I can get it at state liquor stores here in Utah.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 pm

JDoub wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:

Santiago, by far. Lima seems overcast, dreary, poor, reminds me a bit of Tijuana in terms of appearances.

Santiago with the mountains in the backdrop, European feel and architecture instead of a Latin American vibe. I could live in Santiago. Lima, not so much.

Wine country just outside Santiago is world class. Look up the history of Carménère -- my new favorite wine. Only grown in Chile, Argentina, and now Italy -- originated in France, brought to Argentina by Europeans then to Chile in the 18th century, thought to be extinct from the world by a freeze in the 19th century, then found about a decade ago in Chile erroneously identified as Merlot. I brought as much as I legally could back, but you can find it in the states on occasion. I couldn't find any in Bozeman last I was there (June), but I can get it at state liquor stores here in Utah.
Pretty much my analysis, too. Santiago and the surrounding countryside is gorgeous come september/october.