Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by CodyCat » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Probably the sexiest place I have ever posted is the lovely Hi-Line in the middle of winter when it was -25 with a -45 windchill. I mean what the hell else is there to do when the weather is that nasty!!!

Hating the griz since 02.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 pm

btribby wrote:Probably the sexiest place I have ever posted is the lovely Hi-Line in the middle of winter when it was -25 with a -45 windchill. I mean what the hell else is there to do when the weather is that nasty!!!
Time for you to move back to Bozeman Brad!

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Glacier View Golf Course in West Glacier. Just finished 18, thinking of doing another round!

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:Glacier View Golf Course in West Glacier. Just finished 18, thinking of doing another round!
That's a fun course, but I haven't played it in awhile. There are so many great courses in the Flathead area.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:43 pm

GOKATS wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:Glacier View Golf Course in West Glacier. Just finished 18, thinking of doing another round!
That's a fun course, but I haven't played it in awhile. There are so many great courses in the Flathead area.
Yes, it's a blast! Most of the par 4s are driveable, only one par 5 (which is very reachable in two). Very easy to go low and feel good about your game. I have also played Meadow Lake and Buffalo Hills while I have been up here!

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
Yes, it's a blast! Most of the par 4s are driveable, only one par 5 (which is very reachable in two). Very easy to go low and feel good about your game. I have also played Meadow Lake and Buffalo Hills while I have been up here!
Meadow Lake is one of my favorite courses that I never miss when I'm up that way (brother in Kalispell). Some tight fairways that if you're out don't even think about finding your ball, forget it. Buffalo Hills is fun, all 27 at Whitefish makes a good day, Eagle Bend is a great course as is Polson (especially the old nine). One of my favorites is Mission Mountain at Ronan, it's immaculate as far as fairways, greens, etc.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Tried to post from Thoeny, but no connection. Posting from the Richland Motor Inn. Was here last night, too, and had a hankering to post, but didn't get sucked up in the vortex of the rumored tornado in the area. That might've qualified for unique. :lol:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:06 am

TomCat88 wrote:Tried to post from Thoeny, but no connection. Posting from the Richland Motor Inn. Was here last night, too, and had a hankering to post, but didn't get sucked up in the vortex of the rumored tornado in the area. That might've qualified for unique. :lol:
The Richland Motor Inn is not unique. It's just downright crappy! :wink: And easily the worst place to stay with toddlers - there's not a place in there to set something above waist high. But I do miss Sidney, that storm looked pretty fierce, tornado or not!

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:40 am

ChiOCat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Tried to post from Thoeny, but no connection. Posting from the Richland Motor Inn. Was here last night, too, and had a hankering to post, but didn't get sucked up in the vortex of the rumored tornado in the area. That might've qualified for unique. :lol:
The Richland Motor Inn is not unique. It's just downright crappy! :wink: And easily the worst place to stay with toddlers - there's not a place in there to set something above waist high. But I do miss Sidney, that storm looked pretty fierce, tornado or not!
Sidney is an interesting place. A lot of money here (oil/sugar) and infrastructure (county roads and public services are great), but very plain. Nothing wrong with that, but with all this money it just seems like something is missing. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

loggy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by loggy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:47 pm

In Curacao on our honeymoon, listening to the Cat/Portland St baseketball game!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Nice, sounds like one of them old espn comercials where the guy on his honeymoon checks his phone for sports updates!!!!!!!!!! [-o<

If your left, you aren’t right.

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Park City, UT. Just putting the wraps on a week of skiing.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:04 pm

rtb wrote:Park City, UT. Just putting the wraps on a week of skiing.
So does the boy get to ride along in a Baby Bjorn?

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:29 am

Finally I get to post from somewhere cool! Sitting at Churchill Downs! Beautiful sunny day, lots of big hats, and my dads trying to figure out who to put our money on.

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 am

ChiOCat wrote:Finally I get to post from somewhere cool! Sitting at Churchill Downs! Beautiful sunny day, lots of big hats, and my dads trying to figure out who to put our money on.
NICE...I'm jealous! Attending the Kentucky Derby is near the top of my bucket list.

Have a mint julip for me.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:38 am

wbtfg wrote:
ChiOCat wrote:Finally I get to post from somewhere cool! Sitting at Churchill Downs! Beautiful sunny day, lots of big hats, and my dads trying to figure out who to put our money on.
NICE...I'm jealous! Attending the Kentucky Derby is near the top of my bucket list.

mine too. but only because i love beautiful women, drinking, and gambling. :D

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:41 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

mine too. but only because i love beautiful women, drinking, and gambling. :D
I highly recommend it! Its not something if ever thought about but my dad has always wanted to see it. Its pretty incredible. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is fun.

Whitetrash there were lots of pretty girls in little dresses and big hats (and a lot oy big girls in little dresses and big hats too). Lots of drinking and plenty of gambling. We didn't win yetbut there's still tomorrow!

And I found I don't like mine julips.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:45 pm

ChiOCat wrote:
How dare you! That's blasphemy!

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 pm

wbtfg wrote:
ChiOCat wrote:
How dare you! That's blasphemy!
I was disappointed too, I was looking forward to enjoying them in the sun! I barely choked one down. :?

Even with the rain on Saturday, it was a great time!

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun May 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Seoul South Korea

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.