Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:29 pm

It's going to be damn hard to top some of these exotic locations (but keep 'em coming). It's great to hear of so many people checking in on bobcatnation.com as they travel the world!

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:41 pm

This past April I posted from inside Disneyland Resort on my Blackberry. Not the most exotic place, but when you travel with kids it's about as exotic as it gets!

Grizlaw

Re:

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 am

TeacherCat wrote:Posting from Lahinch, Ireland while on my honeymoon. Can't get enough of the BN. :wink:
I didn't see this thread until just now, but incidentally, I was in Ireland for work at the same time you were there (I was there from June 23rd-June 26th...unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to venture outside Dublin, though).

TeacherCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by TeacherCat » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Now that BN is back up I can report back on how great Ireland is. My wife and I started in Dublin and headed south around the coast and as far north as Galway. I'm not going to lie to you, it rains a ton. The average temperature in the ten days that we were there was 60 degrees, so if you want to beat the heat Ireland is the place to go. It gets light around 4 A.M. and dark around 11:30 P.M., so it's easy to take advantage of the day. Galway was my favorite city as it reminded me a lot of Bozeman with a very large college population. Dublin was very nice and incredibility easy to walk around. Our hotel was a 10 minute was from the city center, but far enough from the hustle and bustle to sleep at night. Overall I enjoyed driving around the country side looking at the beautiful scenery, but Ireland gets its tourist friendly reputation from the people who live their. The Irish people are very educated and extremely kind, making a trip to Ireland well worth it.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. -Thomas Jefferson

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Like somebody else said earlier on this thread, I didn't see it until just now. But I know I made some posts here while at the US Open in San Diego last month. I know gtapp's been posting from SD for awhile, but the last time I was there was boot camp.

I know I'll be making posts next year from Long Island (US Open), and hopefully Scotland (British Open).

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Well, I was gonna post from my Blackberry from directly under Washington's face on Mount Rushmore last week, but sadly Bobcat Nation was down :(

CoryChen
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CoryChen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Drinking Margaritas in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica.

Ironically the first bar I went into had a Bobcat t-shirt on the wall dated 5/08 and was signed by Gary Jensen.

Gary, if you're out there, I saw your t-shirt, and made me smile and feel at home.

MSU Alumnus

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 am

Old Skool Cat wrote:Well, I was gonna post from my Blackberry from directly under Washington's face on Mount Rushmore last week, but sadly Bobcat Nation was down :(
Oh sure, blame us....a real Bobcat fan woulda found a way! ;)

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:51 pm

I tried just walking around and yelling, "Hey Bobcat Nation, I'm posting from Mount Rushmore!" as loud as I could, but then people started staring, and then the authorities showed up with this little white jacket which I had to put my arms in backward, and my kids started crying, "Mommy, why is daddy going away?" Not a pretty scene :oops:

DCC2MSU
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by DCC2MSU » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 pm

From a natural gas well ~40 miles from Vernal, UT watching real-time microseismic data to evaluate our frac job.

DaBobcats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DaBobcats » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:23 am

Cool thread... last year posted from Saipan, this year its Jeonju, South Korea!

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:15 pm

From the republican national convention in MN...in a bathroom stall using my blackberry...whos that tapping my foot!?!? :evil:

This space for rent....

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Hell's Bells wrote:From the republican national convention in MN...in a bathroom stall using my blackberry...whos that tapping my foot!?!? :evil:
You should try to use a little less wider stance :lol:

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Hell's Bells wrote:From the republican national convention in MN...in a bathroom stall using my blackberry...whos that tapping my foot!?!? :evil:
Hells, are you at the RNC? I am in Minneapolis, and will be wandering down there later.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:02 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Hells, are you at the RNC? I am in Minneapolis, and will be wandering down there later.
just got back...it was fun

This space for rent....

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Who's gonna tell Hells and Hellcat they are in Minnie a week too early :?:

I am posting from Homer Glen, Il right now, crossing my fingers that FCS central is not blocked in the chicago market [-o<

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 am

Sitting through EE 354 class in Roberts 101... Good times!

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:33 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:Sitting through EE 354 class in Roberts 101... Good times!

Ahh yes, Roberts 101 - the hotbox with turboprop engines for ceiling fans.... :lol:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:34 am

I am posting currently, and have been for about a year, from Budapest Hungary. Each game day you can find me walking down the Champs d Elysee of Budapest, Andrassy utca, wearing my Montana State University sweatshirt and " M " hat. I think I am the ONLY MSU alum not only in the city, but also in the country. Go Bobcats!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Posting from Atlanta, GA. Today, I met Phil Mickelson at the practice round for the Tour Championship. He actually started talking to me because I work for the company that endorses him and I was wearing a hat with the logo. Started bs'ing and said he wants to go the GA this weekend, too.

This week is Man Week II. Saturday we'll be at two different games televised by ESPN in different states on the same day. Clemson in the afternoon and Georgia in the evening.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.