Border Crisis

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 am
RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:43 pm
But we should take cnn, msnbc, npr, etc serious...
I know that you won’t, but they’ve never had their lawyers tell the court that any part of their programming is just for entertainment and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Just pointing out the flaw in Cataholics post. It’s difficult to accuse someone of partisanship with a Fox News link in your post. C’mon man! 😉
Cmonnnnn mannnnnnn! One show host claims that defense about one article and all of a sudden the whole network has nothing of substance. What does that mean for NBC with Brian Williams who was caught red handed lying? How about Joy Reid or many others with MSNBC and CNN? Unbelievable hypocrisy on your part!
Since I wasn’t supporting anything with a link from a network that had to have its lawyers convince a court that any of its network was just for entertainment, I’ll just stand by what I said. Those other outlets didn’t have their lawyers go in and convince a court that any part of their show shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Point being get a source to support your opinions from somewhere that didn’t change its motto from Fair and Balanced. You can use whoever you want to support your opinions, but there’s gotta be another more reputable source out there that you can use, isn’t there?
What an absolute cop out on your part. Please show me something in these Fox News articles that was not true.

What is really troubling to me with your viewpoint is that you want to minimize the crisis at the border so bad just because it makes your party look bad. You are simply finding any reason to ignore the crisis that is unfolding. That is really sad.
Tom - Gonna hold your feet to the fire here. What was not true in these Fox News articles?
No problem. You aren’t holding my feet to the fire since I didn’t read them as their content wasn’t the point or purpose of my post.
Wow. You completely discounted the article because it was Fox News. Never looked at the pictures or quotes or ACTUAL FACTS. That is a person looking for any reason to deny the crisis. So much for having an open mind and considering all possibilities. Great representation of today’s liberal movement.



PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:23 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by PortlandCat90 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:25 am

A close friend and business associate just sent this to me. He's a diehard Democrat. I was actually hopeful for a moment until I finished reading the cover - he had me good for a moment!




TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14810
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Border Crisis

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 am
RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:43 pm
But we should take cnn, msnbc, npr, etc serious...
I know that you won’t, but they’ve never had their lawyers tell the court that any part of their programming is just for entertainment and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Just pointing out the flaw in Cataholics post. It’s difficult to accuse someone of partisanship with a Fox News link in your post. C’mon man! 😉
Cmonnnnn mannnnnnn! One show host claims that defense about one article and all of a sudden the whole network has nothing of substance. What does that mean for NBC with Brian Williams who was caught red handed lying? How about Joy Reid or many others with MSNBC and CNN? Unbelievable hypocrisy on your part!
Since I wasn’t supporting anything with a link from a network that had to have its lawyers convince a court that any of its network was just for entertainment, I’ll just stand by what I said. Those other outlets didn’t have their lawyers go in and convince a court that any part of their show shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Point being get a source to support your opinions from somewhere that didn’t change its motto from Fair and Balanced. You can use whoever you want to support your opinions, but there’s gotta be another more reputable source out there that you can use, isn’t there?
What an absolute cop out on your part. Please show me something in these Fox News articles that was not true.

What is really troubling to me with your viewpoint is that you want to minimize the crisis at the border so bad just because it makes your party look bad. You are simply finding any reason to ignore the crisis that is unfolding. That is really sad.
Tom - Gonna hold your feet to the fire here. What was not true in these Fox News articles?
No problem. You aren’t holding my feet to the fire since I didn’t read them as their content wasn’t the we point or purpose of my post.
Wow. You completely discounted the article because it was Fox News. Never looked at the pictures or quotes or ACTUAL FACTS. That is a person looking for any reason to deny the crisis. So much for having an open mind and considering all possibilities. Great representation of today’s liberal movement.
This has nothing to do with the article, but I’m pretty sure you knew that. Listen to Charles:



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

User avatar
CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by CatBot » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:29 am

Charles has it exactly right. People who continue to play out this culture war are victims of the institutional politicians and their insatiable thirst for power and money. They need us to be be divided because that's (by far) the most effective method of fundraising, and consequently winning elections. I don't care if you're a D or an R, if you engage in these divisions, then you are a victim of the institution.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:30 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 am
RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:43 pm
But we should take cnn, msnbc, npr, etc serious...
I know that you won’t, but they’ve never had their lawyers tell the court that any part of their programming is just for entertainment and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Just pointing out the flaw in Cataholics post. It’s difficult to accuse someone of partisanship with a Fox News link in your post. C’mon man! 😉
Cmonnnnn mannnnnnn! One show host claims that defense about one article and all of a sudden the whole network has nothing of substance. What does that mean for NBC with Brian Williams who was caught red handed lying? How about Joy Reid or many others with MSNBC and CNN? Unbelievable hypocrisy on your part!
Since I wasn’t supporting anything with a link from a network that had to have its lawyers convince a court that any of its network was just for entertainment, I’ll just stand by what I said. Those other outlets didn’t have their lawyers go in and convince a court that any part of their show shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Point being get a source to support your opinions from somewhere that didn’t change its motto from Fair and Balanced. You can use whoever you want to support your opinions, but there’s gotta be another more reputable source out there that you can use, isn’t there?
What an absolute cop out on your part. Please show me something in these Fox News articles that was not true.

What is really troubling to me with your viewpoint is that you want to minimize the crisis at the border so bad just because it makes your party look bad. You are simply finding any reason to ignore the crisis that is unfolding. That is really sad.
Tom - Gonna hold your feet to the fire here. What was not true in these Fox News articles?
No problem. You aren’t holding my feet to the fire since I didn’t read them as their content wasn’t the we point or purpose of my post.
Wow. You completely discounted the article because it was Fox News. Never looked at the pictures or quotes or ACTUAL FACTS. That is a person looking for any reason to deny the crisis. So much for having an open mind and considering all possibilities. Great representation of today’s liberal movement.
This has nothing to do with the article, but I’m pretty sure you knew that. Listen to Charles:

Charles is right that most people are good people. I don’t care if you are a Dem, a Repub, black, white, Asian or a Griz. We should judge people by their actions. What you just posted with Charles has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing. You claim Fox News has nothing of merit to report. Doesn’t that make you part of the problem? Heck, you won’t even read the articles above and tell us what you claim is not true.

And this issue at the border is absolutely awful and polarizing. Both sides have been vilifying each other. But isn’t it possible that one side might actually be correct? Have you looked at the pictures from the border? How can you deny the hypocrisy exhibited by Biden, Kamala and the Dems in such videos as the one posted by Portlandcat?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14810
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Border Crisis

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:17 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:30 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 am
RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:43 pm
But we should take cnn, msnbc, npr, etc serious...
I know that you won’t, but they’ve never had their lawyers tell the court that any part of their programming is just for entertainment and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Just pointing out the flaw in Cataholics post. It’s difficult to accuse someone of partisanship with a Fox News link in your post. C’mon man! 😉
Cmonnnnn mannnnnnn! One show host claims that defense about one article and all of a sudden the whole network has nothing of substance. What does that mean for NBC with Brian Williams who was caught red handed lying? How about Joy Reid or many others with MSNBC and CNN? Unbelievable hypocrisy on your part!
Since I wasn’t supporting anything with a link from a network that had to have its lawyers convince a court that any of its network was just for entertainment, I’ll just stand by what I said. Those other outlets didn’t have their lawyers go in and convince a court that any part of their show shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Point being get a source to support your opinions from somewhere that didn’t change its motto from Fair and Balanced. You can use whoever you want to support your opinions, but there’s gotta be another more reputable source out there that you can use, isn’t there?
What an absolute cop out on your part. Please show me something in these Fox News articles that was not true.

What is really troubling to me with your viewpoint is that you want to minimize the crisis at the border so bad just because it makes your party look bad. You are simply finding any reason to ignore the crisis that is unfolding. That is really sad.
Tom - Gonna hold your feet to the fire here. What was not true in these Fox News articles?
No problem. You aren’t holding my feet to the fire since I didn’t read them as their content wasn’t the we point or purpose of my post.
Wow. You completely discounted the article because it was Fox News. Never looked at the pictures or quotes or ACTUAL FACTS. That is a person looking for any reason to deny the crisis. So much for having an open mind and considering all possibilities. Great representation of today’s liberal movement.
This has nothing to do with the article, but I’m pretty sure you knew that. Listen to Charles:

Charles is right that most people are good people. I don’t care if you are a Dem, a Repub, black, white, Asian or a Griz. We should judge people by their actions. What you just posted with Charles has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing. You claim Fox News has nothing of merit to report. Doesn’t that make you part of the problem? Heck, you won’t even read the articles above and tell us what you claim is not true.

And this issue at the border is absolutely awful and polarizing. Both sides have been vilifying each other. But isn’t it possible that one side might actually be correct? Have you looked at the pictures from the border? How can you deny the hypocrisy exhibited by Biden, Kamala and the Dems in such videos as the one posted by Portlandcat?
You’re continuing to avoid where the goalposts were at the beginning of this discussion. You called someone partisan and provided a link from a partisan source. The discussion is not about what is in the link. It’s about you. If you don’t care to heed what I said, then move on. I never had any interest in what’s in the link. I’m sure there’s some truth to it, maybe the whole thing is true, but that isn’t why I mentioned it. I’m pretty sure you already knew that as this line of questioning and framing is clearly your M.O. I think anyone bored enough to be following this discussion is also well aware of what’s going on, so I’ll bow out now and you can have the last word. Keep in mind that I won’t be coming back to read it.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:57 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:30 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 am


I know that you won’t, but they’ve never had their lawyers tell the court that any part of their programming is just for entertainment and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Just pointing out the flaw in Cataholics post. It’s difficult to accuse someone of partisanship with a Fox News link in your post. C’mon man! 😉
Cmonnnnn mannnnnnn! One show host claims that defense about one article and all of a sudden the whole network has nothing of substance. What does that mean for NBC with Brian Williams who was caught red handed lying? How about Joy Reid or many others with MSNBC and CNN? Unbelievable hypocrisy on your part!
Since I wasn’t supporting anything with a link from a network that had to have its lawyers convince a court that any of its network was just for entertainment, I’ll just stand by what I said. Those other outlets didn’t have their lawyers go in and convince a court that any part of their show shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Point being get a source to support your opinions from somewhere that didn’t change its motto from Fair and Balanced. You can use whoever you want to support your opinions, but there’s gotta be another more reputable source out there that you can use, isn’t there?
What an absolute cop out on your part. Please show me something in these Fox News articles that was not true.

What is really troubling to me with your viewpoint is that you want to minimize the crisis at the border so bad just because it makes your party look bad. You are simply finding any reason to ignore the crisis that is unfolding. That is really sad.
Tom - Gonna hold your feet to the fire here. What was not true in these Fox News articles?
No problem. You aren’t holding my feet to the fire since I didn’t read them as their content wasn’t the we point or purpose of my post.
Wow. You completely discounted the article because it was Fox News. Never looked at the pictures or quotes or ACTUAL FACTS. That is a person looking for any reason to deny the crisis. So much for having an open mind and considering all possibilities. Great representation of today’s liberal movement.
This has nothing to do with the article, but I’m pretty sure you knew that. Listen to Charles:

Charles is right that most people are good people. I don’t care if you are a Dem, a Repub, black, white, Asian or a Griz. We should judge people by their actions. What you just posted with Charles has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing. You claim Fox News has nothing of merit to report. Doesn’t that make you part of the problem? Heck, you won’t even read the articles above and tell us what you claim is not true.

And this issue at the border is absolutely awful and polarizing. Both sides have been vilifying each other. But isn’t it possible that one side might actually be correct? Have you looked at the pictures from the border? How can you deny the hypocrisy exhibited by Biden, Kamala and the Dems in such videos as the one posted by Portlandcat?
You’re continuing to avoid where the goalposts were at the beginning of this discussion. You called someone partisan and provided a link from a partisan source. The discussion is not about what is in the link. It’s about you. If you don’t care to heed what I said, then move on. I never had any interest in what’s in the link. I’m sure there’s some truth to it, maybe the whole thing is true, but that isn’t why I mentioned it. I’m pretty sure you already knew that as this line of questioning and framing is clearly your M.O. I think anyone bored enough to be following this discussion is also well aware of what’s going on, so I’ll bow out now and you can have the last word. Keep in mind that I won’t be coming back to read it.
Cmon Tom. You are better than that. Your response is a complete cop out. You said that you wouldn’t even read the article because Fox News is full of mistruths. So I ask you to point out the mistruths in the articles. It is not that complicated of a question. Instead of using facts to back up your point, you basically feel this way “just because”. If the facts don’t back your agenda, you just walk away.

If you really want to go back to what started this conversation, it was how Biden has refused to acknowledge there is a crisis at the border. It is actually a complete denial from members of the Democratic Party. How can that be? Isn’t this a crisis?



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:21 pm

Unbelievable. Now Long Beach must use the convention center to house 1,000 migrant children.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/long-bea ... 27913.html



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:24 pm

Any sighting of Kamala lately? I saw a report that she has not given a press conference since Biden put her in charge of the border situation almost two weeks ago.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:24 pm
Any sighting of Kamala lately? I saw a report that she has not given a press conference since Biden put her in charge of the border situation almost two weeks ago.
Very disappointing effort by Kamala. And why aren’t liberals screaming for her to get something done? At least make a public appearance and take questions on the border?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/kamala- ... a-mcdaniel



PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:23 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 am

Dallas Convention Center being used - filled to 2,000 capacity in 6 days with unaccompanied teenage boys
https://www.fox4news.com/news/teen-migr ... s-capacity

San Diego Convention Center being used - filled to 1,450 capacity in 7 days with unaccompanied teenage girls - this was repurposed from a homeless and veterans shelter to the migrant shelter (i.e., they were told to leave and be replaced)
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-new ... -capacity/

Midland "Man Camp" being used - filled to 500 capacity in 2 days with unaccompanied teenage boys - residents are furious with the situation
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -home.html

Army National Guard base in California - Camp Roberts - is next in line to receive unaccompanied children. Other Military bases being prepared for the surge include San Antonio-Lackland (TX), Fort Bliss (TX), Fort Lee (VA), Petersen Air Force Base (CO).
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... t-children

Florida is being scheduled to receive unaccompanied and undocumented children. “We really don’t have that much capacity. It would be a challenge if we had an influx of kids coming into our care,” said Naderah Salim of the Children's Network of Southwest Florida. “Honestly, we struggle placing our own children,” Salim noted.
https://nbc-2.com/news/state/2021/04/05 ... -for-care/

Freeman Coliseum (sports venue) in SA is being prepared to take 2,400 undocumented, unaccompanied minors.

The Biden Administration has agreed to an $86 million dollar contract to house 1,200 family members in hotels for 6 months with Endeavors. Endeavors is a nonprofit where 2/3 of funding goes to salaries and employee costs. This comes in at an estimated $394/night/person, or $71,000 per person during their stay.

Is there an out of control patterned disaster here?

Where is our President, Vice President, and Administration?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by iaafan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:57 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:30 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am

Cmonnnnn mannnnnnn! One show host claims that defense about one article and all of a sudden the whole network has nothing of substance. What does that mean for NBC with Brian Williams who was caught red handed lying? How about Joy Reid or many others with MSNBC and CNN? Unbelievable hypocrisy on your part!
Since I wasn’t supporting anything with a link from a network that had to have its lawyers convince a court that any of its network was just for entertainment, I’ll just stand by what I said. Those other outlets didn’t have their lawyers go in and convince a court that any part of their show shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Point being get a source to support your opinions from somewhere that didn’t change its motto from Fair and Balanced. You can use whoever you want to support your opinions, but there’s gotta be another more reputable source out there that you can use, isn’t there?
What an absolute cop out on your part. Please show me something in these Fox News articles that was not true.

What is really troubling to me with your viewpoint is that you want to minimize the crisis at the border so bad just because it makes your party look bad. You are simply finding any reason to ignore the crisis that is unfolding. That is really sad.
Tom - Gonna hold your feet to the fire here. What was not true in these Fox News articles?
No problem. You aren’t holding my feet to the fire since I didn’t read them as their content wasn’t the we point or purpose of my post.
Wow. You completely discounted the article because it was Fox News. Never looked at the pictures or quotes or ACTUAL FACTS. That is a person looking for any reason to deny the crisis. So much for having an open mind and considering all possibilities. Great representation of today’s liberal movement.
This has nothing to do with the article, but I’m pretty sure you knew that. Listen to Charles:

Charles is right that most people are good people. I don’t care if you are a Dem, a Repub, black, white, Asian or a Griz. We should judge people by their actions. What you just posted with Charles has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing. You claim Fox News has nothing of merit to report. Doesn’t that make you part of the problem? Heck, you won’t even read the articles above and tell us what you claim is not true.

And this issue at the border is absolutely awful and polarizing. Both sides have been vilifying each other. But isn’t it possible that one side might actually be correct? Have you looked at the pictures from the border? How can you deny the hypocrisy exhibited by Biden, Kamala and the Dems in such videos as the one posted by Portlandcat?
You’re continuing to avoid where the goalposts were at the beginning of this discussion. You called someone partisan and provided a link from a partisan source. The discussion is not about what is in the link. It’s about you. If you don’t care to heed what I said, then move on. I never had any interest in what’s in the link. I’m sure there’s some truth to it, maybe the whole thing is true, but that isn’t why I mentioned it. I’m pretty sure you already knew that as this line of questioning and framing is clearly your M.O. I think anyone bored enough to be following this discussion is also well aware of what’s going on, so I’ll bow out now and you can have the last word. Keep in mind that I won’t be coming back to read it.
Cmon Tom. You are better than that. Your response is a complete cop out. You said that you wouldn’t even read the article because Fox News is full of mistruths. So I ask you to point out the mistruths in the articles. It is not that complicated of a question. Instead of using facts to back up your point, you basically feel this way “just because”. If the facts don’t back your agenda, you just walk away.

If you really want to go back to what started this conversation, it was how Biden has refused to acknowledge there is a crisis at the border. It is actually a complete denial from members of the Democratic Party. How can that be? Isn’t this a crisis?
He never said he wouldn't read the article because it was full of mistruths. He has totally and completely explained what the purpose of his post was. He made a statement and you're challenging him with questions that aren't directly related to his statement. Get ahold of yourself and stop being a liar. It's getting ridiculous at this point. The point he made is so crystal clear, yet you're blatantly trying to spin it into something it isn't.

If you actually want people to agree with anything you say start by not telling lies, taking things our of context, projecting, moving goal posts, pivoting, etc. You act just like a politician on here. Re-watch the Charles Barkley video. It's as if Sir Charles made it especially for you. It's galling for you to call anyone partisan, which is nothing but you projecting in this particular case.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5071
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Border Crisis

Post by RickRund » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:06 am

And two Yemeni's on the Terror Watch List have been apprehended at the border. That is two we have caught...



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:09 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:57 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:30 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm


Since I wasn’t supporting anything with a link from a network that had to have its lawyers convince a court that any of its network was just for entertainment, I’ll just stand by what I said. Those other outlets didn’t have their lawyers go in and convince a court that any part of their show shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Point being get a source to support your opinions from somewhere that didn’t change its motto from Fair and Balanced. You can use whoever you want to support your opinions, but there’s gotta be another more reputable source out there that you can use, isn’t there?
What an absolute cop out on your part. Please show me something in these Fox News articles that was not true.

What is really troubling to me with your viewpoint is that you want to minimize the crisis at the border so bad just because it makes your party look bad. You are simply finding any reason to ignore the crisis that is unfolding. That is really sad.
Tom - Gonna hold your feet to the fire here. What was not true in these Fox News articles?
No problem. You aren’t holding my feet to the fire since I didn’t read them as their content wasn’t the we point or purpose of my post.
Wow. You completely discounted the article because it was Fox News. Never looked at the pictures or quotes or ACTUAL FACTS. That is a person looking for any reason to deny the crisis. So much for having an open mind and considering all possibilities. Great representation of today’s liberal movement.
This has nothing to do with the article, but I’m pretty sure you knew that. Listen to Charles:

Charles is right that most people are good people. I don’t care if you are a Dem, a Repub, black, white, Asian or a Griz. We should judge people by their actions. What you just posted with Charles has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing. You claim Fox News has nothing of merit to report. Doesn’t that make you part of the problem? Heck, you won’t even read the articles above and tell us what you claim is not true.

And this issue at the border is absolutely awful and polarizing. Both sides have been vilifying each other. But isn’t it possible that one side might actually be correct? Have you looked at the pictures from the border? How can you deny the hypocrisy exhibited by Biden, Kamala and the Dems in such videos as the one posted by Portlandcat?
You’re continuing to avoid where the goalposts were at the beginning of this discussion. You called someone partisan and provided a link from a partisan source. The discussion is not about what is in the link. It’s about you. If you don’t care to heed what I said, then move on. I never had any interest in what’s in the link. I’m sure there’s some truth to it, maybe the whole thing is true, but that isn’t why I mentioned it. I’m pretty sure you already knew that as this line of questioning and framing is clearly your M.O. I think anyone bored enough to be following this discussion is also well aware of what’s going on, so I’ll bow out now and you can have the last word. Keep in mind that I won’t be coming back to read it.
Cmon Tom. You are better than that. Your response is a complete cop out. You said that you wouldn’t even read the article because Fox News is full of mistruths. So I ask you to point out the mistruths in the articles. It is not that complicated of a question. Instead of using facts to back up your point, you basically feel this way “just because”. If the facts don’t back your agenda, you just walk away.

If you really want to go back to what started this conversation, it was how Biden has refused to acknowledge there is a crisis at the border. It is actually a complete denial from members of the Democratic Party. How can that be? Isn’t this a crisis?
He never said he wouldn't read the article because it was full of mistruths. He has totally and completely explained what the purpose of his post was. He made a statement and you're challenging him with questions that aren't directly related to his statement. Get ahold of yourself and stop being a liar. It's getting ridiculous at this point. The point he made is so crystal clear, yet you're blatantly trying to spin it into something it isn't.

If you actually want people to agree with anything you say start by not telling lies, taking things our of context, projecting, moving goal posts, pivoting, etc. You act just like a politician on here. Re-watch the Charles Barkley video. It's as if Sir Charles made it especially for you. It's galling for you to call anyone partisan, which is nothing but you projecting in this particular case.
There is no spin. It isn’t that hard to understand. Biden’s admin and Democrats won’t acknowledge that this is a complete disaster at the border. They won’t acknowledge this disaster because of their partisan politics. I provided a Fox News piece with actual FACTS to show the disaster. Tom refused to even read the article because it was from Fox News and he said they are liars. I asked him to show where they are lying in this article.

You called me a liar multiple times. Please show me where I lied.

As for partisan politics, have you ever backed anything put out by the Republicans? You are exhibit number one of a guy who can’t think for himself. It is always the party line with you.



PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:23 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:28 pm

Another sad narrative - this one from a Texas Rancher who details the events that are occurring on his property 40 miles from the border.

He stated, "Smugglers are bringing migrants here, dropping them off, and they're coming through my property" and "they're coming to our houses at night."

"If they (Biden Administration) really want to see what's going on...then they need to come visit people like me who have to battle this every day in their own backyard," he said. Sewell also stated that he has "very little confidence in anything we are doing right now," including putting Vice President Harris in charge of the border crisis.

https://www.westernjournal.com/texas-ra ... etGjwH8zL8



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:46 am

I don’t care which side of the immigration issue that a person is on, everyone should agree that this has created a human abuse catastrophe. Unbelievable stories coming from Texas. From the infants getting thrown over the wall for border police to find to a 10 year old being abandoned by smugglers. Stories of rape trees where undergarments of the victims cover the trees. The victims must come up with $1,000 at the tree or they are raped. Where is the outcry from the left? Where is Kamala Harris?

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/01/bid ... gangs/amp/

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/boy-ab ... icer-help/



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:46 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:46 am
I don’t care which side of the immigration issue that a person is on, everyone should agree that this has created a human abuse catastrophe. Unbelievable stories coming from Texas. From the infants getting thrown over the wall for border police to find to a 10 year old being abandoned by smugglers. Stories of rape trees where undergarments of the victims cover the trees. The victims must come up with $1,000 at the tree or they are raped. Where is the outcry from the left? Where is Kamala Harris?

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/01/bid ... gangs/amp/

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/boy-ab ... icer-help/
The stuff you're talking about is horrible, but it's been going on for ages and no one has yet been able to fix it permanently. It's been outrageous under every president since I don't know when. Her spokespeople are saying that she's not working on the border, but rather working on diplomacy with the nations that have people trying to cross the border illegally. I'm going to let her build her airplane before she tries to fly it. In other words we'll see what she comes up with. I know it almost certainly won't work perfectly, if even well. I'll give her some time. Eventually enough will be enough and she'll need to make a statement. I expect we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:46 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:46 am
I don’t care which side of the immigration issue that a person is on, everyone should agree that this has created a human abuse catastrophe. Unbelievable stories coming from Texas. From the infants getting thrown over the wall for border police to find to a 10 year old being abandoned by smugglers. Stories of rape trees where undergarments of the victims cover the trees. The victims must come up with $1,000 at the tree or they are raped. Where is the outcry from the left? Where is Kamala Harris?

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/01/bid ... gangs/amp/

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/boy-ab ... icer-help/
The stuff you're talking about is horrible, but it's been going on for ages and no one has yet been able to fix it permanently. It's been outrageous under every president since I don't know when. Her spokespeople are saying that she's not working on the border, but rather working on diplomacy with the nations that have people trying to cross the border illegally. I'm going to let her build her airplane before she tries to fly it. In other words we'll see what she comes up with. I know it almost certainly won't work perfectly, if even well. I'll give her some time. Eventually enough will be enough and she'll need to make a statement. I expect we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks.
Wow. You didn’t call me a liar this time! Progress on your part!

So do you agree that this is a crisis? Biden’s folks won’t acknowledge that. I recall Kamala and Biden and liberals went crazy about these “similar events” under the previous administration and they actually called it a crisis when those occurred. The situation is 10 times worse now with tens of thousands of minors being sheltered with no where to go.

I am truly amazed that the lack of action (or simply a statement) by Kamala doesn’t have you concerned. In the last two weeks since visiting the border, she has been all over the country, but not the border.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/two-weeks ... sited/amp/
​In her first two weeks as czar, she has traveled to Connecticut, Chicago, Brentwood, Calif., and then to Oakland over the Easter weekend.

She has presided over swearing-in ceremonies, touted the administration’s coronavirus stimulus package, the COVID response, visited vaccine sites, lunched with the president, attended a cabinet meeting, held listening sessions with faith leaders and small-business owners, her public schedule showed.
And according to the article per a White House release, she has talked to exactly one Latin American leader.
President Biden tapped Harris on March 24 to lead the diplomatic effort to address the illegal migrant surge, but so far she hasn’t held a call other than to Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei to discuss the “root causes” of the crisis on March 30.

The two talked about increasing humanitarian assistance to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

“​They agreed to explore innovative opportunities to create jobs and to improve the conditions for all people in Guatemala and the region, including by promoting transparency and combating crime​,” the White House readout of the call said.
Can you imagine if this occurred under the previous admin? So is this a crisis?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:46 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:46 am
I don’t care which side of the immigration issue that a person is on, everyone should agree that this has created a human abuse catastrophe. Unbelievable stories coming from Texas. From the infants getting thrown over the wall for border police to find to a 10 year old being abandoned by smugglers. Stories of rape trees where undergarments of the victims cover the trees. The victims must come up with $1,000 at the tree or they are raped. Where is the outcry from the left? Where is Kamala Harris?

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/01/bid ... gangs/amp/

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/boy-ab ... icer-help/
The stuff you're talking about is horrible, but it's been going on for ages and no one has yet been able to fix it permanently. It's been outrageous under every president since I don't know when. Her spokespeople are saying that she's not working on the border, but rather working on diplomacy with the nations that have people trying to cross the border illegally. I'm going to let her build her airplane before she tries to fly it. In other words we'll see what she comes up with. I know it almost certainly won't work perfectly, if even well. I'll give her some time. Eventually enough will be enough and she'll need to make a statement. I expect we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks.
Wow. You didn’t call me a liar this time! Progress on your part!

So do you agree that this is a crisis? Biden’s folks won’t acknowledge that. I recall Kamala and Biden and liberals went crazy about these “similar events” under the previous administration and they actually called it a crisis when those occurred. The situation is 10 times worse now with tens of thousands of minors being sheltered with no where to go.

I am truly amazed that the lack of action (or simply a statement) by Kamala doesn’t have you concerned. In the last two weeks since visiting the border, she has been all over the country, but not the border.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/two-weeks ... sited/amp/
​In her first two weeks as czar, she has traveled to Connecticut, Chicago, Brentwood, Calif., and then to Oakland over the Easter weekend.

She has presided over swearing-in ceremonies, touted the administration’s coronavirus stimulus package, the COVID response, visited vaccine sites, lunched with the president, attended a cabinet meeting, held listening sessions with faith leaders and small-business owners, her public schedule showed.
And according to the article per a White House release, she has talked to exactly one Latin American leader.
President Biden tapped Harris on March 24 to lead the diplomatic effort to address the illegal migrant surge, but so far she hasn’t held a call other than to Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei to discuss the “root causes” of the crisis on March 30.

The two talked about increasing humanitarian assistance to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

“​They agreed to explore innovative opportunities to create jobs and to improve the conditions for all people in Guatemala and the region, including by promoting transparency and combating crime​,” the White House readout of the call said.
Can you imagine if this occurred under the previous admin? So is this a crisis?
You are a liar. If you lie and get caught red-handed, then you're a liar and can be called one. All you had to do was say you made a mistake and say that you misread what he said, but you didn't do that, so guess what? You're a liar. You also could've apologized, but since you won't even admit that you lied despite having it spelled out for you, I guess that's not happening either.

It's so bizarre that you'd even bring that up. I was going to let it slide and still will as long as you don't bring it up again. Sweet Jesus.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Border Crisis

Post by Cataholic » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:38 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:46 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:46 am
I don’t care which side of the immigration issue that a person is on, everyone should agree that this has created a human abuse catastrophe. Unbelievable stories coming from Texas. From the infants getting thrown over the wall for border police to find to a 10 year old being abandoned by smugglers. Stories of rape trees where undergarments of the victims cover the trees. The victims must come up with $1,000 at the tree or they are raped. Where is the outcry from the left? Where is Kamala Harris?

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/01/bid ... gangs/amp/

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/boy-ab ... icer-help/
The stuff you're talking about is horrible, but it's been going on for ages and no one has yet been able to fix it permanently. It's been outrageous under every president since I don't know when. Her spokespeople are saying that she's not working on the border, but rather working on diplomacy with the nations that have people trying to cross the border illegally. I'm going to let her build her airplane before she tries to fly it. In other words we'll see what she comes up with. I know it almost certainly won't work perfectly, if even well. I'll give her some time. Eventually enough will be enough and she'll need to make a statement. I expect we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks.
Wow. You didn’t call me a liar this time! Progress on your part!

So do you agree that this is a crisis? Biden’s folks won’t acknowledge that. I recall Kamala and Biden and liberals went crazy about these “similar events” under the previous administration and they actually called it a crisis when those occurred. The situation is 10 times worse now with tens of thousands of minors being sheltered with no where to go.

I am truly amazed that the lack of action (or simply a statement) by Kamala doesn’t have you concerned. In the last two weeks since visiting the border, she has been all over the country, but not the border.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/two-weeks ... sited/amp/
​In her first two weeks as czar, she has traveled to Connecticut, Chicago, Brentwood, Calif., and then to Oakland over the Easter weekend.

She has presided over swearing-in ceremonies, touted the administration’s coronavirus stimulus package, the COVID response, visited vaccine sites, lunched with the president, attended a cabinet meeting, held listening sessions with faith leaders and small-business owners, her public schedule showed.
And according to the article per a White House release, she has talked to exactly one Latin American leader.
President Biden tapped Harris on March 24 to lead the diplomatic effort to address the illegal migrant surge, but so far she hasn’t held a call other than to Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei to discuss the “root causes” of the crisis on March 30.

The two talked about increasing humanitarian assistance to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

“​They agreed to explore innovative opportunities to create jobs and to improve the conditions for all people in Guatemala and the region, including by promoting transparency and combating crime​,” the White House readout of the call said.
Can you imagine if this occurred under the previous admin? So is this a crisis?
You are a liar. If you lie and get caught red-handed, then you're a liar and can be called one. All you had to do was say you made a mistake and say that you misread what he said, but you didn't do that, so guess what? You're a liar. You also could've apologized, but since you won't even admit that you lied despite having it spelled out for you, I guess that's not happening either.

It's so bizarre that you'd even bring that up. I was going to let it slide and still will as long as you don't bring it up again. Sweet Jesus.
F#%* dude. You need to get a hold of yourself. There is something seriously wrong with you.

And of course, you never answered a single question. Not where I lied, or if this is a crisis. The stereotypical response from iaa.

I am pretty sure there are some guidelines to follow on this site. You seem to want them applied to you, but have zero expectations that they apply to you. That is the liberal way of thinking and you have represented that well.



Post Reply