Montana Legislature

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Montana Legislature

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:35 am

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Legislature

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:37 am

“Maybe we should make child care more expensive to maybe make more parents make the decision to stay home with their children” Wow.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:40 am

60 days in and still debating the dress code.

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:32 am

I don't have all day to research bills. Put forth the facts of the bill, the reason(s) for the bill, in a non-partisan manner. THEN get on your indignant horse and whine. WBTFG, you are a left wing hack. It's telling that the dem's voted as a block, again, against the bill. Rule of thumb #1: if the dem's are against something, the being FOR it must be the right approach.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:22 pm

What WBTFG won't tell you is included below. Here is an explanatory article from SIX WEEKS AGO:

missoulacurrent.com/business/2021/02/inclusionary-zoning/#

Obama era attempt to water down traditionally conservative areas with imported reliable 'democrat' voters. Ultimate goal is to turn 'red' states 'blue.'

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:44 pm

Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:22 pm
What WBTFG won't tell you is included below. Here is an explanatory article from SIX WEEKS AGO:

Obama era attempt to water down traditionally conservative areas with imported reliable 'democrat' voters. Ultimate goal is to turn 'red' states 'blue.'
I guess I’m not sure why the state feels the need to over rule local ordinances. With places like Bozeman and Whitefish struggling to provide affordable for their working class, why not give them the option to require affordable housing? I’m of the opinion that the local governments from Bozeman and whitefish know their needs better than state legislatures.

Also, Bozeman and Whitefish are traditionally conservative areas?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:54 pm

Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks for providing that additional background. For some reason, your hyperlink to the website didn’t work. Here is a working link:

https://missoulacurrent.com/business/20 ... ry-zoning/#

I think key to the discussion is that this removes any local requirements that a certain amount of any development must be dedicated to lower incomes. For example, if you were developing upscale condos, a certain percentage of condos must be dedicated to lower incomes. If I understood the article correctly, local jurisdictions can still offer incentives for lower income developments - just those local jurisdictions can’t mandate that developers have to spend their money on lower income housing. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:42 am

Catholic, thanks for the corrected link. I'm not very good at using this smart phone. The article paints a different view than the one presented originally in this thread. Removal of state mandates is the core. Anytime you get govt OUT of your life, it's cause for celebration. Probably would have happened sooner but for Bullock and Schweitzer. 16 years !

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:27 am

The Montana legislature is in the home stretch. Maybe I missed it, but I haven’t seen any significant jobs passed yet. Have I missed something? Maybe they are still working on that?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."