A new excuse to kill

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

A new excuse to kill

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:53 am

This guy was having a "bad day" due to his sexual addiction, so he killed a bunch of Asian people. Perfectly understandable.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: A new excuse to kill

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:29 pm

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:37 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am
Unreal. 8 people are dead and he wants to talk about White Privilege? That's pretty sick.

Feel horrible for these peoples families and friends. I don't have a lot of sympathy for these types of people, he should be executed if proven guilty in a court of law (I believe he is guilty).

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:15 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:37 pm
iaafan wrote:
Unreal. 8 people are dead and he wants to talk about White Privilege? That's pretty sick.

Feel horrible for these peoples families and friends. I don't have a lot of sympathy for these types of people, he should be executed if proven guilty in a court of law (I believe he is guilty).
Yes, the guy responding to the police saying this guy had a "bad day" is sick for focusing on the White Privilege that is being shown. But then again, White Privilege is sickening. Too soon for that, but the police seem to almost be understanding about what's it like to have a bad day, which is sick, too, maybe even sicker. I'm pretty sure that if I were a police investigator and someone told me they were having a bad day as their rationale for killing someone, that I'd be able to frame that in a way that lets people know how non-sensical it is. I understand the police are just doing their jobs and being professional. The fact is the guy did say that and it's obviously a really poor excuse for murdering eight people that all just happen to be Asian.

Whenever a white person goes on a killing rampage someone (the police, the media) comes out with something from the excuse Bingo card posted above. This, too, is sickening.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:28 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:15 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Yes, the guy responding to the police saying this guy had a "bad day" is sick for focusing on the White Privilege that is being shown. But then again, White Privilege is sickening. Too soon for that, but the police seem to almost be understanding about what's it like to have a bad day, which is sick, too, maybe even sicker. I'm pretty sure that if I were a police investigator and someone told me they were having a bad day as their rationale for killing someone, that I'd be able to frame that in a way that lets people know how non-sensical it is. I understand the police are just doing their jobs and being professional. The fact is the guy did say that and it's obviously a really poor excuse for murdering eight people that all just happen to be Asian.

Whenever a white person goes on a killing rampage someone (the police, the media) comes out with something from the excuse Bingo card posted above. This, too, is sickening.
What?? Are you really saying this is a white privilege issue? You have absolutely lost it.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:00 pm

He attended church. Set him free!

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:28 pm
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

What?? Are you really saying this is a white privilege issue? You have absolutely lost it.
You’re so credible on the “absolutely lost it” issue.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Not only did I used to go to church, I went to mass. Catholic mass.

Most people don’t know that you don’t “go to church” you go to mass.

Remember that if I kill anyone. I probably won’t since I don’t own a gun. But just in case please go on the news and tell people my story. “He was a Cat fan. He went to “mass”. “He delivered the paper. He walked his dogs twice a day. He gave people free stuff. He wore a mask after Covid. He had a hairy back. He counted cars. He helped the elderly. He had a lisp. He bathed regularly. He cleaned his plate. He was in the military.”

I would clean up in spree killer bingo!

toM StUber

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 pm

iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kctv5. ... 1.amp.html

I guess what all see what we want to see. I tend to believe bad people come in all shapes and sizes. They hide in plain sight and are also recluses. From what I can tell you think white serial killers are treated differently. I strongly disagree. Serial killers are the same regardless of race or sex. They don’t deserve to walk the planet, and overall are treated the same at the end of the day.

To suggest otherwise suggests an overt racist connotation that does literally nothing but try and inflame segments of society. It’s neither productive nor helpful. Focus time and energy on how to stop madmen like these people from doing horrible acts. Whether it is extra mental health facilities, health care etc.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Remember that if I kill anyone. I probably won’t since I don’t own a gun. But just in case please go on the news and tell people my story. “He was a Cat fan. He went to “mass”. “He delivered the paper. He walked his dogs twice a day. He gave people free stuff. He wore a mask after Covid. He had a hairy back. He counted cars. He helped the elderly. He had a lisp. He bathed regularly. He cleaned his plate. He was in the military.”

Really poor attempt at some semblance of humor. Guy kills 8 people and you throw some sarcasm around? Awesome.

Truly don’t get what you and Iaa are thinking. Decry evil. Evil knows no races or sex.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:54 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.democr ... 4714827001

Horrible occurrence.

See how much fun it is to start looking for items that fit the narrative?

The answer is simple. Bad people are bad. They can be white, black, Asian, Hispanic or anything else. Stop throwing more fuel on the race issue. It’s not helpful. We need to solve with love and mutual respect, not by dividing by skin color.

Bobcat4Ever
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:54 am

These killings have increased so much over the last, what, 20-30 years. So has the use of psychiatric medication. Neither were common when I was in school, watching dinosaurs graze out the window. Has anyone seen/developed a chart that compares these changes? Or lacking that correlation, what is happening?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:09 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Really poor attempt at some semblance of humor. Guy kills 8 people and you throw some sarcasm around? Awesome.

Truly don’t get what you and Iaa are thinking. Decry evil. Evil knows no races or sex.
I’m sorry that you think that was sarcasm. I’ll try to be more straight forward next time. It’s okay to acknowledge the horror of 8 people getting killed, while also delving a little further into what’s happening here sociologically.

toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:55 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I see here enough that I could be an expert! Guys like iaa and Butch have become textbook examples. Your latest posts could be good footnotes “absolutely lost it” textbook as well. Guys kills 8 people and somehow the left tries to introduce white privilege. Cmon man!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:15 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:55 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I see here enough that I could be an expert! Guys like iaa and Butch have become textbook examples. Your latest posts could be good footnotes “absolutely lost it” textbook as well. Guys kills 8 people and somehow the left tries to introduce white privilege. Cmon man!
I'd say the left recognized privilege. I totally understand why you're ducking it. It's disgusting that crimes like this happen, but to have people try to explain it away whenever the person committing the crime is white is a travesty. There's always more to crimes than just the crime itself unless you're living a purely black-and-white world where there is nothing in between. It's shallow at best, but the reality is that people don't want to acknowledge the other aspects. They see it, but don't want to address it because it doesn't fit their agenda.

The Asian population in this country is seeing it and feeling it. It's one thing to have your people killed, acting like it's understandable is salt in the wound and does nothing but divide people. They don't want to hear about how the killer was having a bad day, got good grades, had minority friends, and all the crap that the white police and media spray around like Glade. B.S. like this doesn't help them feel better, but it does make the guilty and ashamed feel better.

And then you pile on with the response of c'mon man. That's so ... you. Fitting.

kennethnoisewater
Member # Retired

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I'd say the left recognized privilege. I totally understand why you're ducking it. It's disgusting that crimes like this happen, but to have people try to explain it away whenever the person committing the crime is white is a travesty. There's always more to crimes than just the crime itself unless you're living a purely black-and-white world where there is nothing in between. It's shallow at best, but the reality is that people don't want to acknowledge the other aspects. They see it, but don't want to address it because it doesn't fit their agenda.

The Asian population in this country is seeing it and feeling it. It's one thing to have your people killed, acting like it's understandable is salt in the wound and does nothing but divide people. They don't want to hear about how the killer was having a bad day, got good grades, had minority friends, and all the crap that the white police and media spray around like Glade. B.S. like this doesn't help them feel better, but it does make the guilty and ashamed feel better.

And then you pile on with the response of c'mon man. That's so ... you. Fitting.
I don't think people are making excuses for a suspect or trying to convince the public that the person is innocent. I do think we have a tendency to ask the question "did anybody see any warning signs for why this would happen?" And I think people try to get in front of that or just make sense of it. Or at the very least it's just a recognition that "normal" people will sometimes snap and do awful things. When something this awful happens I don't see anybody defending the person and saying we need to give them another chance, but it seems like that's how you're interpreting it--is that correct? I think privilege is a thing (though I won't attach it to a race), but I don't see where this guy is getting any privilege. Is it because the police said he was having a bad day?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:24 pm

iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

This guy will get life in prison or the death penalty. There is nobody defending him. To somehow introduce white privilege into the conversation is ridiculous!

What ethnicity are you? I happen to be a minority and have experienced racism first hand. I can assure you that the last thing that entered my mind was what color the suspect was.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:59 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:24 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:

This guy will get life in prison or the death penalty. There is nobody defending him. To somehow introduce white privilege into the conversation is ridiculous!

What ethnicity are you? I happen to be a minority and have experienced racism first hand. I can assure you that the last thing that entered my mind was what color the suspect was.
I'm a minority, too.

When I heard that people had been shot and killed the color of the killer, or victims, didn't enter my mind either. However as these things play out you find out what color the person was and what color the people that were killed were. It's odd enough that someone would go out and kill 8 people, but even odder when someone goes out and kills 8 people of the same color. That isn't the point.

The point is that when the killer is identified as white, black, yellow, red, brown or whatever, and you hear that the police and media are once again giving their white descriptors, you get even more appalled at the situation. I know I do, because just about every time a minority kills a bunch of white people it's called a terrorist act. I guess you don't get appalled by that. That's good for you. I'm not sure why you'd be weighing in on this conversation.

If you're at a restaurant and you and the person you're eating with both order the same thing, but you like the taste of your food and eat it, while the person you're with doesn't like there's and you taste it and it tastes just like your food, do you tell the person that is going to complain about their food to not complain? Who are you to tell someone what to like or not like?

I find it appalling that the media and police continually use completely different words to describe white criminals vs. minority criminals. The crime itself is bad enough, I don't want to hear about what a nice kid the killer was or any other good qualities he may. If they're going to do that, do it with everyone not just white criminals. That's my opinion. No one has a right to tell me how to feel about it.

You haven't said anything about the media and police using one set of descriptors for white people and another set for minorities. That's the subject matter here. Yeah, everyone is sickened by the act. Some of us are also sickened by the reaction. I don't understand why anyone who only finds the act itself sickening would tell anyone to not be upset by the way the media and police are describing it. You didn't like the way the media talked about Donald Trump and you felt he was treated unfairly, but no one said that you shouldn't care about that and the only thing that matters is that he's president. People gave you their reasons for why you shouldn't complain about the media's treatment of Trump. You on the other hand offer up no rationale for why someone shouldn't dislike the way white criminals are treated by the media. That, in and of itself, is also appalling. At least be able to explain yourself.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:57 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:59 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:24 pm

I'm a minority, too.

When I heard that people had been shot and killed the color of the killer, or victims, didn't enter my mind either. However as these things play out you find out what color the person was and what color the people that were killed were. It's odd enough that someone would go out and kill 8 people, but even odder when someone goes out and kills 8 people of the same color. That isn't the point.

The point is that when the killer is identified as white, black, yellow, red, brown or whatever, and you hear that the police and media are once again giving their white descriptors, you get even more appalled at the situation. I know I do, because just about every time a minority kills a bunch of white people it's called a terrorist act. I guess you don't get appalled by that. That's good for you. I'm not sure why you'd be weighing in on this conversation.

If you're at a restaurant and you and the person you're eating with both order the same thing, but you like the taste of your food and eat it, while the person you're with doesn't like there's and you taste it and it tastes just like your food, do you tell the person that is going to complain about their food to not complain? Who are you to tell someone what to like or not like?

I find it appalling that the media and police continually use completely different words to describe white criminals vs. minority criminals. The crime itself is bad enough, I don't want to hear about what a nice kid the killer was or any other good qualities he may. If they're going to do that, do it with everyone not just white criminals. That's my opinion. No one has a right to tell me how to feel about it.

You haven't said anything about the media and police using one set of descriptors for white people and another set for minorities. That's the subject matter here. Yeah, everyone is sickened by the act. Some of us are also sickened by the reaction. I don't understand why anyone who only finds the act itself sickening would tell anyone to not be upset by the way the media and police are describing it. You didn't like the way the media talked about Donald Trump and you felt he was treated unfairly, but no one said that you shouldn't care about that and the only thing that matters is that he's president. People gave you their reasons for why you shouldn't complain about the media's treatment of Trump. You on the other hand offer up no rationale for why someone shouldn't dislike the way white criminals are treated by the media. That, in and of itself, is also appalling. At least be able to explain yourself.
When the facts don't fit your agenda, you are not allowed to just ignore those facts. There were 9 people shot - and 6 of them were Asian, not all Asian victims as you have alluded.

You claim that "every time a minority kills a bunch of white people it's called a terrorist act". What are you talking about? It is called terrorism when they belong to a fringe group of radicals. If this guy was a member of a white supremacy group, it would also be called a terrorist act.

I am at a loss for words regarding your analogy with food. Let's make this as simple as possible for you. This was a horrible callous act of violence. The perpetrator was a sick person. Nobody is defending him. Nobody is making excuses for him. He will get a very long sentence, maybe even the death penalty. To politicize this event by labeling it as "white privilege" only reinforces the fact that you are a far left liberal more interested in politicizing events to make a point than the actual tragedy itself.

And seriously, your last statement on how the media treats white criminals is absolutely puzzling. This was a random act of violence and you somehow want to treat it as a white privilege despite the fact that EVERYONE has condemned this guy. That is the issue. You regularly politicize events just to further your agenda. That only hurts your agenda. If you show me an incident where a white guy commits a heinous crime and is given special treatment by the media, I will object to that portrayal.