More Covid Data

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: More Covid Data

Post by The Butcher » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:06 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:45 am
Nearly half of Republicans have said they will not get the COVID-19 vaccine. This is not good for herd immunity. An odd stat found about those not getting vaccinated; 46% of those supported Trump in 2020. Trump toted that he was the reason for the vaccine success. So they don't believe science or their demigod.

https://www.axios.com/concern-republica ... 6b76b.html
What an idiotic article. I just got my vaccination and nobody asked me if I was a Democrat or Republican. They also cite some liberal sources for the article: NPR, CNN and the White House’s Jen Psaki. I am sure those folks have no political agenda... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure how that is an "idiotic article" but thanks for your thoughts... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those libatards at NPR need to stop doing surveys and concentrate on Car Talk!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Wondering if a huge covid surge hits Texas if those in the know will place the blame on the huge number of illegals crossing over? What was the number they counted coming through Brownsville, 1553? Those are just the ones they caught.

No, there is no crisis!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:42 pm

Just how accurate is the news we get? How much of your main news source of it is influenced by agendas or just plain irresponsible reporting. MSNBC had another Covid related misstep. Joy Reid used a pre-pandemic photo of Miami Beach crowding to illustrate the lack of social distancing in Florida. Shouldn’t she be held accountable for such mistruths?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-per ... oronavirus

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:34 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:42 pm
Just how accurate is the news we get? How much of your main news source of it is influenced by agendas or just plain irresponsible reporting. MSNBC had another Covid related misstep. Joy Reid used a pre-pandemic photo of Miami Beach crowding to illustrate the lack of social distancing in Florida. Shouldn’t she be held accountable for such mistruths?

Trump used Russian military planes in a campaign photo. :lol:
But sure; let's worry about an aged photo!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:29 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:34 am
Cataholic wrote:

Aren’t you the same guy that was criticizing the use of BLM riot photos? Apparently some from Minneapolis were used for an article on Portland and one of you lost your mind about it. Now it is okay because it is liberal MSNBC using a misleading photo?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:44 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:29 am
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Aren’t you the same guy that was criticizing the use of BLM riot photos? Apparently some from Minneapolis were used for an article on Portland and one of you lost your mind about it. Now it is okay because it is liberal MSNBC using a misleading photo?
Not sure what post you are referring to.
I was actually pointing out the hypocrisy of Fox News and you worrying about Joy Reid but not Donald J. Trump's misuse of photography (including when they used a social media post with a Nazi symbol). Glad Joy is held to a higher standard! :lol:
Does your response mean you were okay with Trump's use of Russian military planes in a campaign photo? :D

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:33 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I was actually pointing out the hypocrisy of Fox News and you worrying about Joy Reid but not Donald J. Trump's misuse of photography (including when they used a social media post with a Nazi symbol). Glad Joy is held to a higher standard! :lol:
Does your response mean you were okay with Trump's use of Russian military planes in a campaign photo? :D
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 14675/amp/

You libs had a meltdown about the article above, but when Joy Reid and MSNBC do the same, you justify it by saying Trump used a Russian aircraft image for his ads? Seriously, are you insane?? WTF is wrong with you? Why can’t you just say that Joy Reid is an idiot?

And once again, quit saying crap that hasn’t been stated. Not once did I ever justify or say Trumps ad was okay.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:41 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:33 am
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

You libs had a meltdown about the article above, but when Joy Reid and MSNBC do the same, you justify it by saying Trump used a Russian aircraft image for his ads? Seriously, are you insane?? WTF is wrong with you? Why can’t you just say that Joy Reid is an idiot?

And once again, quit saying crap that hasn’t been stated. Not once did I ever justify or say Trumps ad was okay.
You asked about "irresponsible reporting" based on an outdated picture of partygoers in Florida. I simply pointed out that the former President did the same on numerous occasions and Fox News and you never showed any outrage of this magnitude. Your outrage/meltdown appears to be based on partisanship rather than actual “reporting”.

It is also worth noting that Fox actually digitally manipulated one of the photos you mentioned. That level of deception is a whole other beast.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:08 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:41 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

You asked about "irresponsible reporting" based on an outdated picture of partygoers in Florida. I simply pointed out that the former President did the same on numerous occasions and Fox News and you never showed any outrage of this magnitude. Your outrage/meltdown appears to be based on partisanship rather than actual “reporting”.

It is also worth noting that Fox actually digitally manipulated one of the photos you mentioned. That level of deception is a whole other beast.
Look at the original post!!! I asked if the reporter should be held accountable for her actions. NOWHERE did I mention anything about Trump. You really are obsessed with the guy. Cant you get through a day without somehow bringing up Trump? Seriously, you need help!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:46 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Uh.... didn't some Dems get into some hot water recently for digitally manipulating documents? :-^

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:50 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:46 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Uh.... didn't some Dems get into some hot water recently for digitally manipulating documents? :-^
I am not sure what you are referring to. But as you reread my post; the manipulation of a photograph to meet a specific narrative was about "irresponsible reporting" by the Fox News organization.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 am

https://mtstandard.com/news/local/mask- ... c18ff.html

I saw that Butte has lifted all restrictions now as well. Good for them.

This was an interesting read in regards to their health department and the parameters they met before making this decision. We have been told for over a year now to trust the science. In Butte at least, the "science" seems to say that getting back to living is warranted now.

I'll be curious to see if there are businesses that will go forward not trusting the science and continue requiring masks? :-k

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:58 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 am

This was an interesting read in regards to their health department and the parameters they met before making this decision. We have been told for over a year now to trust the science. In Butte at least, the "science" seems to say that getting back to living is warranted now.

I'll be curious to see if there are businesses that will go forward not trusting the science and continue requiring masks? :-k
I guess it is based on what science you are looking at. The CDC has not lifted all restrictions. Maybe Butte's resources are better than the Federal Government's resources. :shock:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:07 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:58 am
ilovethecats wrote:

I guess it is based on what science you are looking at. The CDC has not lifted all restrictions. Maybe Butte's resources are better than the Federal Government's resources. :shock:
Shouldn't it ALWAYS have depended on what science you're looking at? Or should we ALL have been doing the exact same thing during this entire thing? White Sulpher Springs should follow the exact guidelines as New York City? That seems asinine to me, but perhaps this is where the disconnect has been all along for the last year. Some believe that we should all follow the same science dictated by the Federal government, while others believe each community should make their choices on their own local data, science and resources. :shock:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:14 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:50 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:46 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I am not sure what you are referring to. But as you reread my post; the manipulation of a photograph to meet a specific narrative was about "irresponsible reporting" by the Fox News organization.
Your comment is almost comical. The original post was about misinformation by the media, and you bring up an advertisement by Trump. So another poster points out the Dems manipulating a photo (Dems did this in the insurrection hearings), and now you claim that you are only talking about the media. However, we do understand that the rules don’t apply to liberals and you are allowed to make them up as you go!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:07 am
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:58 am
ilovethecats wrote:

Shouldn't it ALWAYS have depended on what science you're looking at? Or should we ALL have been doing the exact same thing during this entire thing? White Sulpher Springs should follow the exact guidelines as New York City? That seems asinine to me, but perhaps this is where the disconnect has been all along for the last year. Some believe that we should all follow the same science dictated by the Federal government, while others believe each community should make their choices on their own local data, science and resources. :shock:
Butcher has a specific narrative to follow. He will only follow the science if it agrees with his agenda.

As for Butte, although the county has lifted all restrictions, the school district has decided to continue under Phase 2 requirements. They will require masks and continue with specific limitations on gatherings. There is clearly some politics involved, but it also makes sense to a certain extent. Kids are in the same classroom for hours. Maybe they should have a higher standard than a grocery store or restaurant where spacing is easier.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:22 am

Hey Butch! I see South Dakota’s covid numbers are way down. Did they implement a mask mandate or close businesses?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:18 am

Long version

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:51 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:22 am
Hey Butch! I see South Dakota’s covid numbers are way down. Did they implement a mask mandate or close businesses?
I guess you can say that South Dakota is doing better. Our positivity rate went from 50% to 15% and weekly average deaths are down to 5 compared to November’s 55. Luckily 38% of the population has had at least one vaccination. But overall South Dakota will end the pandemic as one of the worst in positivity rates and death rates in the WORLD. If all of the United States would have followed the same playbook as South Dakota there would have been 200,000+ deaths. This is another example of you taking a 10 second news clip to fit your narrative, while ignoring all the other information.