Future Leaders of the Dems

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Future Leaders of the Dems

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 21, 2021 8:43 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:52 am
grizgirl wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:44 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:04 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:37 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:52 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:15 am
:idea: Ol’ Butch siding with racists is downright hilarious.

“If it’s the Democrat party everything is a ok” - Butch 2021

“I’m all about hypocrisy, but only when it’s about a party I dislike” - Butch 2021

Can’t make this stuff up.

Come to think of it I don’t remember Ol’ Butch being to bent out of shape when that Texas Democrat party chairman made a bunch of racist comments.

Gotta wonder if Butch hates white people and black people or maybe just hates when republicans do something.....

Interesting food for thought.
You’re not very good at faking it Bruce.
Got to fake it till you make it! :lol:
\:D/ the racist apologist has spoken! \:D/ :lol: :rofl:
Quit pretending you don’t get what he’s saying bbb. This is just like the basketball thingamuhjig
I guess Bruce just can’t quite understand my post. He even responded with fake quotes about previous posts I have made (he must not know how quotes work). That being the case; he certainly cannot understand other subjects that require some critical thinking. This does explain a lot about Bruce and I would suggest he stick to subjects that are easier for him to comprehend.
Seriously, you should lose your password for a couple days. Maybe iaa or wbtfg could send you a private message to encourage a hiatus. Do you really think that Bruce made up the quotes? How about if links to the quotes are provided, you agree to quit making personal attacks such as the one above? Actually, if the links are provided, why don’t you quit posting for a year? You made some pretty strong accusations.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 am

rivercat wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:27 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:27 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:32 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:15 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:03 pm
I am not sure if I have ever seen anything like this. This could have went in other threads, but this lady is considered a leader with the Dems. I can’t even begin to comprehend such a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lightfoot ... s-of-color
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, D., defended her controversial announcement to only give individual interviews to journalists of color and blasted Chicago media institutions for their "overwhelming whiteness and maleness" in an extraordinary letter on Wednesday.

Upon the two-year anniversary of her election, Lightfoot has drawn outrage after White journalists were told by her press office that they couldn't interview her one-on-one because of their skin color.
Imagine if a high profile GOP did this, the outrage you would have would be CRAZY!

Wait... Didn't Governor Ron DeSantis do this with Fox News. :wink: :wink: :wink:
He said that he wouldn’t talk to reporters due to their race? Are you a fu#^]% idiot?
Just pointing out your hypocrisy once again (thank you for reaffirm with your response).
Ron's actions were clearly discrimination, albeit a different type of discrimination. His was based on politic beliefs. I guess you are only worried about some types of discrimination, not all types of discrimination. :wink:
Wow! Judging a person on their polical beliefs is not discrimination. Pre-judging a person based on race, religion, or gender is discrimination. Learn the difference.
Are you kidding? You think discrimination is only based on race, religion and gender? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 am
rivercat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I am not sure if I have ever seen anything like this. This could have went in other threads, but this lady is considered a leader with the Dems. I can’t even begin to comprehend such a statement.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, D., defended her controversial announcement to only give individual interviews to journalists of color and blasted Chicago media institutions for their "overwhelming whiteness and maleness" in an extraordinary letter on Wednesday.

Upon the two-year anniversary of her election, Lightfoot has drawn outrage after White journalists were told by her press office that they couldn't interview her one-on-one because of their skin color.
Imagine if a high profile GOP did this, the outrage you would have would be CRAZY!

Wait... Didn't Governor Ron DeSantis do this with Fox News. :wink: :wink: :wink:
He said that he wouldn’t talk to reporters due to their race? Are you a fu#^]% idiot?
Just pointing out your hypocrisy once again (thank you for reaffirm with your response).
Ron's actions were clearly discrimination, albeit a different type of discrimination. His was based on politic beliefs. I guess you are only worried about some types of discrimination, not all types of discrimination. :wink:
Wow! Judging a person on their polical beliefs is not discrimination. Pre-judging a person based on race, religion, or gender is discrimination. Learn the difference.
Are you kidding? You think discrimination is only based on race, religion and gender? :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is not what rivercat is saying! This what they said: “Pre-judging a person based on race, religion, or gender is discrimination.”. That is what Lightfoot is doing and that is discrimination. It is not that complicated. You are such a partisan that you try and justify any slight... give it a break.

rivercat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rivercat » Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am
The Butcher wrote:
rivercat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

That is not what rivercat is saying! This what they said: “Pre-judging a person based on race, religion, or gender is discrimination.”. That is what Lightfoot is doing and that is discrimination. It is not that complicated. You are such a partisan that you try and justify any slight... give it a break.
My neighbor is liberal. We get along fine, trade garden vegetables, make small talk, etc. We know each others politics.

They had inauguration day party and I wasn't invited. Is that discrimination. Should I be on the phone to the ACLU? Of course not.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 21, 2021 9:34 am

rivercat wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am
The Butcher wrote:
rivercat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

My neighbor is liberal. We get along fine, trade garden vegetables, make small talk, etc. We know each others politics.

They had inauguration day party and I wasn't invited. Is that discrimination. Should I be on the phone to the ACLU? Of course not.
Good stuff. You need to take more snow days. We need a conservative like you around here more. I don't trade veggies with my neighbor, but we do play a game of cribbage together about once a week. Good guy. Old school Republican.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri May 21, 2021 9:42 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:43 am
The Butcher wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

“I’m all about hypocrisy, but only when it’s about a party I dislike” - Butch 2021

Come to think of it I don’t remember Ol’ Butch being to bent out of shape when that Texas Democrat party chairman made a bunch of racist comments.

Gotta wonder if Butch hates white people and black people or maybe just hates when republicans do something.....

Quit pretending you don’t get what he’s saying bbb. This is just like the basketball thingamuhjig
I guess Bruce just can’t quite understand my post. He even responded with fake quotes about previous posts I have made (he must not know how quotes work). That being the case; he certainly cannot understand other subjects that require some critical thinking. This does explain a lot about Bruce and I would suggest he stick to subjects that are easier for him to comprehend.
Seriously, you should lose your password for a couple days. Maybe iaa or wbtfg could send you a private message to encourage a hiatus. Do you really think that Bruce made up the quotes? How about if links to the quotes are provided, you agree to quit making personal attacks such as the one above? Actually, if the links are provided, why don’t you quit posting for a year? You made some pretty strong accusations.
Lol I appreciate you coming to my defense @Cataholic but the quotes above are summarizations of items Ol' Butchy has said. The post above is sarcasm/satire with a bunch of truth thrown in. Butchy is to dense to get it though.

But how amazing is it that Ol' Butchy still hasn't said discrimination based on someone's skin color is wrong? With his silence on the matter (after being asked multiple times) indicates he's absolutely ok with just a little bit of segregation. Must be fun working and living around him. He probably has separate drinking fountains too.....

It might be the best thing on the board to watch Ol' Butchy attack his "old party" while simultaneously not saying ONE SINGLE WORD of negative on anyone even remotely associated with the democratic party. It has gotten to the point where he completely ignores blatant racism and says "yeah but". What a whackadoodle.

I legit think @iaafan and @wbtfg are good dudes, we don't have to agree on everything and they are fun to have a discussion with. Butchy on the other hand is at least 2 chicken nuggets and 4 fries short of a happy meal.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri May 21, 2021 1:22 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Lol I appreciate you coming to my defense @Cataholic but the quotes above are summarizations of items Ol' Butchy has said. The post above is sarcasm/satire with a bunch of truth thrown in. Butchy is to dense to get it though.

But how amazing is it that Ol' Butchy still hasn't said discrimination based on someone's skin color is wrong? With his silence on the matter (after being asked multiple times) indicates he's absolutely ok with just a little bit of segregation. Must be fun working and living around him. He probably has separate drinking fountains too.....

It might be the best thing on the board to watch Ol' Butchy attack his "old party" while simultaneously not saying ONE SINGLE WORD of negative on anyone even remotely associated with the democratic party. It has gotten to the point where he completely ignores blatant racism and says "yeah but". What a whackadoodle.

I legit think @iaafan and @wbtfg are good dudes, we don't have to agree on everything and they are fun to have a discussion with. Butchy on the other hand is at least 2 chicken nuggets and 4 fries short of a happy meal.
I obviously struck a nerve that moved you to feel it necessary to make dishonest accusation/quotes and attacks on my mental stability. I apologize that you have a difficult time grasping my posts. For clarifications, some of my posts are to point out “alternative facts” and hypocrisy that right wing people and politicians often use. There is A LOT of faux outrage from the right, and I will continue to point that out and make some of you employ deflecting from the issue, lying and name calling to "make" your point.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri May 21, 2021 1:43 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:22 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I obviously struck a nerve that moved you to feel it necessary to make dishonest accusation/quotes and attacks on my mental stability. I apologize that you have a difficult time grasping my posts. For clarifications, some of my posts are to point out “alternative facts” and hypocrisy that right wing people and politicians often use. There is A LOT of faux outrage from the right, and I will continue to point that out and make some of you employ deflecting from the issue, lying and name calling to "make" your point.
LOL :rofl: :rofl: man this is fantastic. The irony is strong with you. Appreciate the laughs on a Friday. :lol:

....make sure you use the correct water fountain. :coffee: :rofl: :lol:

LOL and mental stability? ANY rational/sane person would say "racism is wrong, treating someone differently based on their skin color is wrong". You just keep sweeping it under the rug. This is bizzaro world. ](*,)

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri May 21, 2021 2:16 pm

Hey Butch - give us an example of a Democratic leader that is basically a waste of space due to their support of certain policies. We all know there are a bunch, I just want to hear about which ones you can't stand.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri May 21, 2021 3:16 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:16 pm
Hey Butch - give us an example of a Democratic leader that is basically a waste of space due to their support of certain policies. We all know there are a bunch, I just want to hear about which ones you can't stand.
Last post on this VERY long deflection by several posters.

I think it is pretty silly that several of you don’t have an issue with a governor of an entire state not allowing media to attend his press conference (including his own local/state media), but are upset with a mayor of a single city doing something somewhat similar (though one could argue the Governor’s actions are worse). I made no comment about right or wrong, just pointing out the hypocrisy by several posters. Yet personal attacks and misrepresentation of my beliefs were used in response while ignoring the blatant hypocrisy. This deflection has escalated pretty bad as now I am being called a racist for some reason... I know several posters tend to name call, but this particular attack is a little over the top for me. I hope that these certain posters have just let their passion get ahead of them and that they do not resort to personal attacks on their day to day interactions with those that do not share in their beliefs.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:16 pm
catatac wrote:

I think it is pretty silly that several of you don’t have an issue with a governor of an entire state not allowing media to attend his press conference (including his own local/state media), but are upset with a mayor of a single city doing something somewhat similar (though one could argue the Governor’s actions are worse). I made no comment about right or wrong, just pointing out the hypocrisy by several posters. Yet personal attacks and misrepresentation of my beliefs were used in response while ignoring the blatant hypocrisy. This deflection has escalated pretty bad as now I am being called a racist for some reason... I know several posters tend to name call, but this particular attack is a little over the top for me. I hope that these certain posters have just let their passion get ahead of them and that they do not resort to personal attacks on their day to day interactions with those that do not share in their beliefs.
BIZZARO WORLD.

You never asked the question about the Florida Governor except to Cataholic. I''ve asked you multiple times about racism and discrimination. You literally change the subject each time. If I asked ANYONE who wasn't prejudiced the same question, they'd answer. Literally the only answer someone can glean from your masterful subject changes is that you AGREE with the Mayor of Chicago and believe it is social and morally acceptable to treat people differently based on their skin color, if you don't agree, just SAY SO.

I mean holy S@#& man, if you had said this to me, I'd answer the very simple question - but you certainly seem absolutely incapable of answering it. You are WILLFULLY ignoring the questions presented to you about race and racism, what other conclusion can I draw? Until you say otherwise I absolutely will continue to believe you are a racist, it's not name calling, i've given you 7-10 quotes and comments to say you aren't one. It's not a personal attack either, this is of your own doing.

I'm passionate about protecting peoples rights I guess - I would say this to your face too. Because IT LITERALLY MAKES NO SENSE WHY YOU CAN'T ANSWER A QUESTION.

You playing a pity card or a "poor me i'm being bullied" card is hilarious, all you need to do is respond to a question that was asked and I'll stop, otherwise it's going to continue. BECAUSE ANY SANE AND RATIONAL HUMAN WOULD RESPOND.

I mean I'm just flummoxed. Truly a baffling and hilarious day on Bobcatnation.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 21, 2021 4:00 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm
The Butcher wrote:
catatac wrote:

BIZZARO WORLD.

You never asked the question about the Florida Governor except to Cataholic. I''ve asked you multiple times about racism and discrimination. You literally change the subject each time. If I asked ANYONE who wasn't prejudiced the same question, they'd answer. Literally the only answer someone can glean from your masterful subject changes is that you AGREE with the Mayor of Chicago and believe it is social and morally acceptable to treat people differently based on their skin color, if you don't agree, just SAY SO.

I mean holy S@#& man, if you had said this to me, I'd answer the very simple question - but you certainly seem absolutely incapable of answering it. You are WILLFULLY ignoring the questions presented to you about race and racism, what other conclusion can I draw? Until you say otherwise I absolutely will continue to believe you are a racist, it's not name calling, i've given you 7-10 quotes and comments to say you aren't one. It's not a personal attack either, this is of your own doing.

I'm passionate about protecting peoples rights I guess - I would say this to your face too. Because IT LITERALLY MAKES NO SENSE WHY YOU CAN'T ANSWER A QUESTION.

You playing a pity card or a "poor me i'm being bullied" card is hilarious, all you need to do is respond to a question that was asked and I'll stop, otherwise it's going to continue. BECAUSE ANY SANE AND RATIONAL HUMAN WOULD RESPOND.

Butcher does this ALL THE TIME. And I have to believe that other liberals are shaking their head as well. Seems that Iaa and wbtfg have not voiced their thoughts on this.

And I know you don’t share the same opinion of iaa, but he has one foot in the liberal nut house as well. I absolutely believe that Iaa is smart, but he cannot form an opinion without thinking how it impacts his liberal agendas. I still can’t get over his “why do girls and boys even have separate divisions for sports”?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:00 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
catatac wrote:

BIZZARO WORLD.

Butcher does this ALL THE TIME. And I have to believe that other liberals are shaking their head as well. Seems that Iaa and wbtfg have not voiced their thoughts on this.

And I know you don’t share the same opinion of iaa, but he has one foot in the liberal nut house as well. I absolutely believe that Iaa is smart, but he cannot form an opinion without thinking how it impacts his liberal agendas. I still can’t get over his “why do girls and boys even have separate divisions for sports”?
Wow, self-awareness much? You have no idea what you sound like on here, do you? :lol: :lol: You're constantly sweating like a whore in church with all your attempts to manipulate any discussion that comes on here. Once you get in a big hole you start people liberals oname-calling, then when someone calls you out you run to the PC police and cry.

Where are you on the insurrection? Do you think they were just there visiting like a lot of the Conservatards in the House and Senate? How come you're not weighing in on that? Is the thing with the Chicago mayor a more important topic?

Do you know the difference between someone yelling Black or Brown or Red Power vs. White Power?

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Fri May 21, 2021 8:34 pm

The arguments in this sequence are simply too easy and predicable, and unfortunately an accurate snapshot of the state of the current national partisanship. Complete waste of time and energy.

Personally, I hope Cheney and 34 other house Republicans can continue to make a move to the center. There are many moderate Democrats ready to join the cause. With a legitimate 3rd party you need only 40% at most to win elections. Let's get it done.

Cheney/(TBD Bluedog Dem) 2024
Got my vote.

Signed,
Proud RINO

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
catatac wrote:

BIZZARO WORLD.

Wow, self-awareness much? You have no idea what you sound like on here, do you? :lol: :lol: You're constantly sweating like a whore in church with all your attempts to manipulate any discussion that comes on here. Once you get in a big hole you start people liberals oname-calling, then when someone calls you out you run to the PC police and cry.

Where are you on the insurrection? Do you think they were just there visiting like a lot of the Conservatards in the House and Senate? How come you're not weighing in on that? Is the thing with the Chicago mayor a more important topic?

Do you know the difference between someone yelling Black or Brown or Red Power vs. White Power?
Holy triggered! What is your problem man? And “sweating like a whore in church”? I DON’T THINK SO! You seriously are living in another world. You don’t even know who I am so why in the world would I care what anybody thinks of me on here? I like to discuss politics, and quite frankly enjoy debating liberal vs conservative viewpoints- but you have totally lost it. Like I said above, I think you are probably a smart person, but you are so fixated on the liberal agenda that you can’t allow yourself to think normal without interjecting some liberal agenda. Your comment about why do girls and boys have different divisions is so delusional, that any normal person would call you nuts.

As for digging a hole for myself, what in the world are you talking about? Can somebody please help me understand what he is talking about? Is he reading another board or have me confused with someone else?

As for running to the PC police, what are you talking about. You claimed that Biden’s use of Neanderthal was okay and was only offensive if someone is being too PC. I asked you for clarification and you won’t comment on it. Instead, you play little childish games by cut and paste the same thing. Heck, maybe you aren’t that smart....

As for the insurrection, it was a horrible event that I have commented on before. It has been discussed and investigated at length. Go ahead and investigate. It will cost a million dollars and nothing will be resolved or learned. The crazy conspiracy theories by Democrats will be proven as complete bull crap. It reminds me of the Russia investigation that turned up zilch!

As for the Chicago Mayor stuff, please enlighten us on why the mayor can choose to not provide media access to people based on race.

And how about having some balls and actually answering the questions regarding the use of Neanderthal or libtard. I have never called anyone libtard. You seem okay using the phrase conservatard - does that mean we can use the term libtard?

And who the f#*% is using the term white power? Do you just make sh1t up? It has zero to do with this discussion.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat May 22, 2021 11:05 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
catatac wrote:

BIZZARO WORLD.

Holy triggered! What is your problem man? And “sweating like a whore in church”? I DON’T THINK SO! You seriously are living in another world. You don’t even know who I am so why in the world would I care what anybody thinks of me on here? I like to discuss politics, and quite frankly enjoy debating liberal vs conservative viewpoints- but you have totally lost it. Like I said above, I think you are probably a smart person, but you are so fixated on the liberal agenda that you can’t allow yourself to think normal without interjecting some liberal agenda. Your comment about why do girls and boys have different divisions is so delusional, that any normal person would call you nuts.

As for digging a hole for myself, what in the world are you talking about? Can somebody please help me understand what he is talking about? Is he reading another board or have me confused with someone else?

As for running to the PC police, what are you talking about. You claimed that Biden’s use of Neanderthal was okay and was only offensive if someone is being too PC. I asked you for clarification and you won’t comment on it. Instead, you play little childish games by cut and paste the same thing. Heck, maybe you aren’t that smart....

As for the insurrection, it was a horrible event that I have commented on before. It has been discussed and investigated at length. Go ahead and investigate. It will cost a million dollars and nothing will be resolved or learned. The crazy conspiracy theories by Democrats will be proven as complete bull crap. It reminds me of the Russia investigation that turned up zilch!

As for the Chicago Mayor stuff, please enlighten us on why the mayor can choose to not provide media access to people based on race.

And how about having some balls and actually answering the questions regarding the use of Neanderthal or libtard. I have never called anyone libtard. You seem okay using the phrase conservatard - does that mean we can use the term libtard?

And who the f#*% is using the term white power? Do you just make sh1t up? It has zero to do with this discussion.
Need I say more? :lol: :crazy:

rivercat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rivercat » Sat May 22, 2021 4:08 pm

iaafan wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:05 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
catatac wrote:

BIZZARO WORLD.

Need I say more? :lol: :crazy:
Well, yeah, you and others could actually engage in a discussion that answers Cataholics questions. He has stated his position on the insurrection, MTG, and many other issues that get thrown at him. He backs his stance up with reasoned responses. You may not agree which is what American is all about (used to be anyway). It is why he brings them up in DISCUSSING THE ISSUES forum...to be discussed.

I'm convinced the extreme left and right have concluded that it is easier to scare the swing voters than it is to persuade them that their ideas are better. I really am saddened at the state of politics today.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat May 22, 2021 7:28 pm

CatBot wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:34 pm
The arguments in this sequence are simply too easy and predicable, and unfortunately an accurate snapshot of the state of the current national partisanship. Complete waste of time and energy.

Personally, I hope Cheney and 34 other house Republicans can continue to make a move to the center. There are many moderate Democrats ready to join the cause. With a legitimate 3rd party you need only 40% at most to win elections. Let's get it done.

Got my vote.

Signed,
Proud RINO
But can one candidate get the needed 270 Electoral votes?

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Sun May 23, 2021 8:09 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:28 pm
CatBot wrote:

Got my vote.

Signed,
Proud RINO
Nope. I think it goes to the House for a vote, but only one vote per state. Not sure on this and didn't look it up. If that's the case, I still think a right leaning moderate takes it.

If this starts to become commonplace, we may get an amendment. Something needs to happen. We're broken.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun May 23, 2021 11:43 am

CatBot wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:09 am
RickRund wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:28 pm
CatBot wrote:

Got my vote.

Signed,
Proud RINO
Nope. I think it goes to the House for a vote, but only one vote per state. Not sure on this and didn't look it up. If that's the case, I still think a right leaning moderate takes it.

If this starts to become commonplace, we may get an amendment. Something needs to happen. We're broken.
I was wondering about going to the House for a vote. I DO NOT want the Electoral College to go away.