Conspiracies & Lies

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Conspiracies & Lies

Post by Cataholic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:56 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:19 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:53 pm
Wow. Senator Johnson is throwing out conspiracies at a senate hearing. What is going on with the GOP these days?

He'll act like he's just telling everyone what he read. A faux 'don't blame the messenger' moment. He's not saying it, it's just something he's read and thinks it should be looked into. And, that, is part of what the GOP is these days.
Much of the Dems “evidence” in the last impeachment trial was second hand information from news articles. You two are ridiculous. And the generalization by you two that all GGOP are bad is awful.
I specifically stated "...is part of what the GOP is ..." Stop projecting while you're reading, it'll help your comprehension a lot.

When numerous legitimate news sources come out with the same story, then it can be vetted and used as circumstantial evidence. When the only "news" sources you have are Newsmax, Fox, OAN, etc., you've already lost your case. All these outlets are either being sued or were threatened with a lawsuit. When you have to go on air, live, and apologize for lying about voting machines you lose any credibility you ever had. If you use any of these places as a source of info, you lose credibility.

Johnson is a complete fake and fraud. He's only doing this as a means to hold onto the votes he's expecting to get. Republicans lost Wisconsin in a big way and Johnson knows if he doesn't pull B.S. like this, he's toast.
So help me out here. Is there some list of specially approved “legitimate” news sources that can be used for circumstantial evidence? I actually thought that circumstantial evidence was not admissible, but according to you, if it is reported enough it is as good as sworn testimony! It amazes me how the liberal left will basically change the rules so they can push their agenda. Next up: stacking the court!

I couldn’t care less about Johnson. I don’t even know who he is. But you attacking his statements when the Dems did the exact same things just two weeks ago is ridiculous.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:19 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:53 pm
Wow. Senator Johnson is throwing out conspiracies at a senate hearing. What is going on with the GOP these days?

He'll act like he's just telling everyone what he read. A faux 'don't blame the messenger' moment. He's not saying it, it's just something he's read and thinks it should be looked into. And, that, is part of what the GOP is these days.
Much of the Dems “evidence” in the last impeachment trial was second hand information from news articles. You two are ridiculous. And the generalization by you two that all GGOP are bad is awful.
I specifically stated "...is part of what the GOP is ..." Stop projecting while you're reading, it'll help your comprehension a lot.

When numerous legitimate news sources come out with the same story, then it can be vetted and used as circumstantial evidence. When the only "news" sources you have are Newsmax, Fox, OAN, etc., you've already lost your case. All these outlets are either being sued or were threatened with a lawsuit. When you have to go on air, live, and apologize for lying about voting machines you lose any credibility you ever had. If you use any of these places as a source of info, you lose credibility.

Johnson is a complete fake and fraud. He's only doing this as a means to hold onto the votes he's expecting to get. Republicans lost Wisconsin in a big way and Johnson knows if he doesn't pull B.S. like this, he's toast.
So help me out here. Is there some list of specially approved “legitimate” news sources that can be used for circumstantial evidence? I actually thought that circumstantial evidence was not admissible, but according to you, if it is reported enough it is as good as sworn testimony! It amazes me how the liberal left will basically change the rules so they can push their agenda. Next up: stacking the court!

I couldn’t care less about Johnson. I don’t even know who he is. But you attacking his statements when the Dems did the exact same things just two weeks ago is ridiculous.
To answer your question: NO. Unless it it tyt, rawstory, slate, etc...

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:18 am

iaafan wrote:

Apparently some posters missed this part of your post.

Just last night Tucker Carlson on Fox claimed that Gates is trying to control our bodies (via vaccine) and seemingly denying that QAnon exists. Not a good source of news (as Fox's own attorneys have said in court about Carlson's show).

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:18 am
iaafan wrote:

Apparently some posters missed this part of your post.

Just last night Tucker Carlson on Fox claimed that Gates is trying to control our bodies (via vaccine) and seemingly denying that QAnon exists. Not a good source of news (as Fox's own attorneys have said in court about Carlson's show).
Did you realize that many of your so highly touted liberal left need sources have been sued for defamation? You should look up Nicholas Sandmann or Smile Direct Club lawsuits. But that wouldn’t fit your agenda.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:52 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am
Did you realize that many of your so highly touted liberal left need sources have been sued for defamation? You should look up Nicholas Sandmann or Smile Direct Club lawsuits. But that wouldn’t fit your agenda.
Totally apples to apples! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, where is my insurrection equipment!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:58 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:52 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am
Totally apples to apples! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, where is my insurrection equipment!
Common theme with the liberal left: “it only applies in situations that benefit my agenda”.

Here is another gem of the liberal media getting caught reporting falsehoods:

https://nypost.com/2017/06/27/cnn-staff ... fired/amp/

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 am

The GOP seems to be going all in on the Big Lie.

CPAC conservative conference set to indulge lies about the 2020 election

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/politics ... ium=social

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 am
The GOP seems to be going all in on the Big Lie.

CPAC conservative conference set to indulge lies about the 2020 election

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/politics ... ium=social
Well CPAC lived up to expectations. GOP is dominated by conspiracy theorists and/or liars.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... c-n1259100

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:43 pm

I hated watching Trump get up there an talk. I think Lindsay was absolutely right when he said Trump was going to be the end of the GOP.

The problem is that 10's of millions of voting Americans actually believe the crap coming out of his mouth. They all think Trump won, and he's the greatest Republican of all time. So the real issue is the one always fall back on: that's not enough votes to win elections going forward. If ever there was a time when the strategy of simply declaring yourself the winner and filing lawsuits and appeals all the way the SCOTUS was going to be successful, it was this election. This strategy failed miserably and will fail by a much larger margin going forward. What happened in Georgia and Arizona could easily happen in NC, Florida, and Texas. If Trump runs again, I predict the democrats will get to 400 electoral votes regardless of who runs.

This party had best gets its ****** together, and soon. This party better learn how to win back the moderates. The number just aren't there to win any other way. Trump guarantees more losses.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:56 pm

CatBot wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:43 pm
I hated watching Trump get up there an talk. I think Lindsay was absolutely right when he said Trump was going to be the end of the GOP.

The problem is that 10's of millions of voting Americans actually believe the crap coming out of his mouth. They all think Trump won, and he's the greatest Republican of all time. So the real issue is the one always fall back on: that's not enough votes to win elections going forward. If ever there was a time when the strategy of simply declaring yourself the winner and filing lawsuits and appeals all the way the SCOTUS was going to be successful, it was this election. This strategy failed miserably and will fail by a much larger margin going forward. What happened in Georgia and Arizona could easily happen in NC, Florida, and Texas. If Trump runs again, I predict the democrats will get to 400 electoral votes regardless of who runs.

This party had best gets its ****** together, and soon. This party better learn how to win back the moderates. The number just aren't there to win any other way. Trump guarantees more losses.
The Republicans gained 11 seats in the house while losing 3 seats in the Senate. I seriously doubt the Republican Party is trouble, especially with the dramatic liberal actions of Biden and team.

As a Republican, I am not worried about Trump coming back. His ship has sailed and he won’t get nominated again.

However, it is crazy that Biden was even elected. According to one of his senior advisors, the Covid pandemic was the best things that ever happened to Biden. That is what Biden ran on against Trump. And if the election was just 3 months later, the vaccines being approved and millions getting the vaccine would have been enough for people to disregard what Biden was focused on during his campaign: Covid.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... -biden?amp

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:35 am

I wonder what percentage of conspiracy theories out there originate in Russia.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:35 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:35 am
I wonder what percentage of conspiracy theories out there originate in Russia.

That's crazy. Why people gotta be such dicks? :evil:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:56 pm

Now the left seems to have blue anon...

https://thecoloradoherald.com/2021/blue ... he-nation/

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:10 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:12 am

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:30 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:12 am
The up-and-coming GOP Representative is really making a name for herself. Here is an article from her latest questionable ad:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 15172.html

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:02 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:10 am
So glad you put this in conspiracies and lies. So much of what you or BTC post is false and belongs here!

Amazing how you and BTC completely disregard what Ernst was saying. Biden promised to be bi-partisan. When nobody from the opposite party supports a bill, that is a clear indication that it is not bi-partisan. If Biden was living up to his promise, he would have active discussions with the Republicans to gain some support. But then again, Biden can’t even remember the name of people in his cabinet! What a complete joke! Cmon man!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:47 pm

I guess this should fall under lies although conspiracies would also work...

https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/washingto ... ted-trump/

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:30 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:47 pm

So there was fraud! Trump won the election!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:10 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:30 am
RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:47 pm

So there was fraud! Trump won the election!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wondered how the comment would be answered, or not answered.