Biden's First Moves

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Biden's First Moves

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:52 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:48 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:25 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:15 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:28 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:04 pm
The White House confirmed that ILLEGAL ALIENS convicted of rape or assault will not be deported.
Do you have a reputable link? I'd love to read the full context.
This is one of about 8-10 links...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ted-video/
“The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right[2] fake news website.[1] The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.[21]”
So to satisfy you should I post one of the other links. Why are your sites good and my sites bad? Come on man :lol:
I did a Google search and the only mention I could find were from pretty far right wing conspiracy websites. Just wondering if you had information from something a bit more reliable than that.

It’s not a matter of my links or your links, just looking for a reputable source
Is it possible that other sites just won't report it? Heck, they will demonitize and/or remove reports...
How about you just post the original source document? If it’s true like you say, there has to be a publicly available govt document, or an official White House statement right? I’m happy to read that when you post.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:02 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:52 pm
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
The White House confirmed that ILLEGAL ALIENS convicted of rape or assault will not be deported.

“The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right[2] fake news website.[1] The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.[21]”
So to satisfy you should I post one of the other links. Why are your sites good and my sites bad? Come on man :lol:
I did a Google search and the only mention I could find were from pretty far right wing conspiracy websites. Just wondering if you had information from something a bit more reliable than that.

It’s not a matter of my links or your links, just looking for a reputable source
Is it possible that other sites just won't report it? Heck, they will demonitize and/or remove reports...
How about you just post the original source document? If it’s true like you say, there has to be a publicly available govt document, or an official White House statement right? I’m happy to read that when you post.
Found eight sites. None from the left.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Please post any/all that cite original sources. I’d love to read.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Remember Biden’s promise that people making less than $400,000 will not pay a penny more in taxes? He stated it many times during the campaign. Seems he wasn’t telling the whole truth.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/bid ... ing-200000

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 pm
Remember Biden’s promise that people making less than $400,000 will not pay a penny more in taxes? He stated it many times during the campaign. Seems he wasn’t telling the whole truth.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/bid ... ing-200000
I personally assumed the $400,000 was applied to families/joint tax returns. It is also worth noting Psaki did not specify a threshold for individual earners, so you can't say it is a $200,000 threshold for individuals either.  I guess we will all have to wait and see.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:22 pm

Coming soon to a Montana location near you: Illegal immigrants. Montana is named in the article.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ian-border
As crossings along the southern border surge to near-record levels, the Biden administration is considering flying migrants to states near the Canadian border, according to a report. 

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requested the plane support from Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Friday after 1,000 migrant families and unaccompanied minors crossed the Rio Grande into South Texas Friday morning, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials told The Washington Post. Border agents still have another 1,000 migrants they were unable to process last night, according to communications reviewed by the Post.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:31 pm

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:31 pm
I am all for helping people. I have been doing it all my life and quite honestly, I give way more than the average person, both financially and personally. However, I don’t give more than I can part with. If you want to be able to continue to give, you have to maintain a level of sustainability to survive. I don’t think what is happening at the border is healthy.

As for the quote above and the topic at hand, it seems reckless to allow anyone into this country without going through the proper channels. My parents entered this country legally. They did everything that the government asked of them.

Given your willingness to accept anybody, please pm your address and contact info. I will do my best to direct some of these illegal immigrants to your home.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
I am all for helping people. I have been doing it all my life and quite honestly, I give way more than the average person, both financially and personally. However, I don’t give more than I can part with. If you want to be able to continue to give, you have to maintain a level of sustainability to survive. I don’t think what is happening at the border is healthy.

As for the quote above and the topic at hand, it seems reckless to allow anyone into this country without going through the proper channels. My parents entered this country legally. They did everything that the government asked of them.

Given your willingness to accept anybody, please pm your address and contact info. I will do my best to direct some of these illegal immigrants to your home.
Absolutely... If you want to enter please do but do it correctly. DO NOT wade across the river and enter through a hole in the fence. You will not be welcome! And please DO NOT bring that stinking virus across the in and when found positive be allowed to cross unfettered.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:18 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Absolutely... If you want to enter please do but do it correctly. DO NOT wade across the river and enter through a hole in the fence. You will not be welcome! And please DO NOT bring that stinking virus across the in and when found positive be allowed to cross unfettered.
And don’t forget that a number of serious criminals were apprehended at the border in the past couple of weeks. And of course there is human trafficking, sex trafficking, child abuse and drug trafficking all occurring with a weaker border. Those same “tired, poor, huddled masses” that wbtfg referred to are also being exploited by criminals and cartels at the borde, but the liberal left doesn’t want to discuss those issues.

Also, the Arizona border towns like Yuma are being overwhelmed. Can you imagine what 300 immigrants with no money, no food and no place to stay will do to a town like Shelby?

https://www.12news.com/amp/article/news ... c38a569344

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/arizon ... of-shelter
“It started two weeks ago when we first heard of a group being dropped off at an old staple's building. They’re lost,” stated Emma Torres, the executive director for Campesinos sin Fronteras.

“These individuals are not the usual asylum seekers that we have had in other years, these are Cuban, Brazilians, people from Africa, Haiti, Romania, from different places. They don’t speak English and they’re totally lost. They don't know where they’re at,” said Torres.
But it will all be okay. Wbtfg is going to take them at his house.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:56 am

:thumbdown:
Last edited by 3-7-77 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:59 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:18 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Absolutely... If you want to enter please do but do it correctly. DO NOT wade across the river and enter through a hole in the fence. You will not be welcome! And please DO NOT bring that stinking virus in and when found positive be allowed to cross unfettered.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:45 pm

Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

That’s cool your parents are immigrants. Some of the smartest, most interesting people I’ve ever met are immigrants. What country did they immigrate from? How was their immigration process? I assume they’ve found great success.

Cheers.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:42 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:45 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

That’s cool your parents are immigrants. Some of the smartest, most interesting people I’ve ever met are immigrants. What country did they immigrate from? How was their immigration process? I assume they’ve found great success.

Cheers.
I would like to add my Grandparents on my Fathers side. I am second generation from Sweden. My Grandfather came to America in 1892 and in 1896 received his citizenship in Round Rock Tx. Same with my Grandmother. She came to the US in 1896 and was a citizen in about 1900. They came to the US under a quota system, came in legally and went through the process. I guess this is why I expect others to do the same. Just my 2 cents worth and our family history...

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:08 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Cheers.
I am not going to share too much with you because I don’t believe your interest is genuine. I will tell you that one my childhood memories was my mother playing a tape recording of her English language class when I was in grade school. At the same time, my dad was taking evening adult education classes working toward a degree. I didn’t realize it at the time, but my work ethic was ingrained in me at a young age by just watching my parents. They are some very incredible people.

I am all for people coming to this country. My family is a first hand account of the success that can be found in the US. However, just letting in anyone in without any procedure or protocol is reckless.

I did find it ironic though that the quote you provided is featured at the Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island. Ellis Island was actually an immigration station operated by the US government. Isn’t that what Republicans have been pushing for? Just to go through the proper channels to enter this country?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:08 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Cheers.
I am not going to share too much with you because I don’t believe your interest is genuine. I will tell you that one my childhood memories was my mother playing a tape recording of her English language class when I was in grade school. At the same time, my dad was taking evening adult education classes working toward a degree. I didn’t realize it at the time, but my work ethic was ingrained in me at a young age by just watching my parents. They are some very incredible people.

I am all for people coming to this country. My family is a first hand account of the success that can be found in the US. However, just letting in anyone in without any procedure or protocol is reckless.

I did find it ironic though that the quote you provided is featured at the Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island. Ellis Island was actually an immigration station operated by the US government. Isn’t that what Republicans have been pushing for? Just to go through the proper channels to enter this country?
Wow. Great memories. That’s awesome.

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by PortlandCat90 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:43 am

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Please post any/all that cite original sources. I’d love to read.
This was already discussed in the Executive Order thread. Pretty simple use of the Federal Register if you want the facts. I will repost:

To answer your question, in short:

Per EO 13993, Section 2, Revocation (italics added): Executive Order 13768 of January 25, 2017 (Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States), is hereby revoked.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... priorities

Per EO 13768, Section 1, Purpose (italics added): Many aliens who illegally enter the United States and those who overstay or otherwise violate the terms of their visas present a significant threat to national security and public safety. This is particularly so for aliens who engage in criminal conduct in the United States.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... ted-states

Continued (italics added): Tens of thousands of removable aliens have been released into communities across the country, solely because their home countries refuse to accept their repatriation. Many of these aliens are criminals who have served time in our Federal, State, and local jails. The presence of such individuals in the United States, and the practices of foreign nations that refuse the repatriation of their nationals, are contrary to the national interest.

Continued (italics added):…The purpose of this order is to direct executive departments and agencies to employ all lawful means to enforce the immigration laws of the United States.

Continued, Section 5, Enforcement Priorities (italics added):…the Secretary of Homeland Security shall prioritize…removable aliens who: (a) have been convicted of any criminal offense…

Continued, Section 7, Additional Enforcement and Removal Officers (italics added): …take all appropriate action to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers, who shall complete relevant training and be authorized to perform the law enforcement functions described…

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:09 pm

Harris laughs when asked if she is going to visit the border. She might be a little out of touch on how it is impacting people’s lives.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:09 pm
Harris laughs when asked if she is going to visit the border. She might be a little out of touch on how it is impacting people’s lives.

Actually cataholic it is called cackling...

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:39 am

RickRund wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:09 pm

Actually cataholic it is called cackling...
Actually cataholic it is called taking a 10 second clip out of context... :wink: