Biden's First Moves

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Biden's First Moves

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:27 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:39 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:09 pm
Harris laughs when asked if she is going to visit the border. She might be a little out of touch on how it is impacting people’s lives.

Actually cataholic it is called cackling...
Actually cataholic it is called taking a 10 second clip out of context... :wink:
Really? Please tell us what the additional content is.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:35 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:18 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:31 pm
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”
I am all for helping people. I have been doing it all my life and quite honestly, I give way more than the average person, both financially and personally. However, I don’t give more than I can part with. If you want to be able to continue to give, you have to maintain a level of sustainability to survive. I don’t think what is happening at the border is healthy.

As for the quote above and the topic at hand, it seems reckless to allow anyone into this country without going through the proper channels. My parents entered this country legally. They did everything that the government asked of them.

Given your willingness to accept anybody, please pm your address and contact info. I will do my best to direct some of these illegal immigrants to your home.
Absolutely... If you want to enter please do but do it correctly. DO NOT wade across the river and enter through a hole in the fence. You will not be welcome! And please DO NOT bring that stinking virus across the in and when found positive be allowed to cross unfettered.
And don’t forget that a number of serious criminals were apprehended at the border in the past couple of weeks. And of course there is human trafficking, sex trafficking, child abuse and drug trafficking all occurring with a weaker border. Those same “tired, poor, huddled masses” that wbtfg referred to are also being exploited by criminals and cartels at the borde, but the liberal left doesn’t want to discuss those issues.

Also, the Arizona border towns like Yuma are being overwhelmed. Can you imagine what 300 immigrants with no money, no food and no place to stay will do to a town like Shelby?

https://www.12news.com/amp/article/news ... c38a569344

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/arizon ... of-shelter
“It started two weeks ago when we first heard of a group being dropped off at an old staple's building. They’re lost,” stated Emma Torres, the executive director for Campesinos sin Fronteras.

“These individuals are not the usual asylum seekers that we have had in other years, these are Cuban, Brazilians, people from Africa, Haiti, Romania, from different places. They don’t speak English and they’re totally lost. They don't know where they’re at,” said Torres.
But it will all be okay. Wbtfg is going to take them at his house.
What a disaster at the border. And the Biden admin refuses to acknowledge that a problem exists. Here is an article about a town of 2,000 where border patrol is being told to just discharge illegal immigrants. Once again, can you imagine what this would do to our smaller Montana communities? No shelters. No programs.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mi ... rgency.amp

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:27 am
The Butcher wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Harris laughs when asked if she is going to visit the border. She might be a little out of touch on how it is impacting people’s lives.

Actually cataholic it is called taking a 10 second clip out of context... :wink:
Imagine is we only used 10 second clips when covering politics. I am sure it would be really accurate! :lol:

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:27 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:27 am
The Butcher wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Imagine is we only used 10 second clips when covering politics. I am sure it would be really accurate! :lol:
Why not simply post the full video so that we all can have an educated discussion about the facts? Cute emojis lack credibility, especially when it comes to national security concerns.

Here is the full video. Nothing in this outside of the 10 seconds shown above gives me any comfort that the current border situation (couldn't care less if we define it as a "crisis", "issue", "opportunity" or "leather chaps") is being addressed in a systematic, fact-dependent method. She basically blames prior POTUS for the current situation. Our current leadership should have a plan right now besides denying media access so that we taxpayers and our representatives have the facts and proceed down an educated path with the facts on hand.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:00 am

Immigration has been an issue for decades. If there is going to be "blame" I would argue over the past 50 months the Administration who had the first 48 months to work on the issue own more responsibility than the Administration that has had the last 2 months.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:38 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:00 am
Immigration has been an issue for decades. If there is going to be "blame" I would argue over the past 50 months the Administration who had the first 48 months to work on the issue own more responsibility than the Administration that has had the last 2 months.
You still haven’t commented on the “additional content”. PortlandCat90 was kind enough to supply the rest of the clip. You just try to change the discussion. Please help us all understand how “THE TEN SECOND CLIP WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTENT”? What other content are you referring to? Please answer as you always claim such “transgressions” but you can never back them up.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:38 am
The Butcher wrote:
You still haven’t commented on the “additional content”. PortlandCat90 was kind enough to supply the rest of the clip. You just try to change the discussion. Please help us all understand how “THE TEN SECOND CLIP WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTENT”? What other content are you referring to? Please answer as you always claim such “transgressions” but you can never back them up.
There are thousands more entering. There is no more room. Extremely overcrowded. Motels are now being used. There was a piece from I believe Fox Business that stated there were 929 rooms being allocated @ $800 per day----- at one location...

Nope, there is no crisis. If there were a crisis they would have called in FEMA for assistance..... Oh, that is right, they did.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:07 am

The Butcher wrote:
There hasn't been this type of immigration at the border since... May 2019. The level of immigrants at the border have almost reached the halfway point of... 2000. If you don't use 10 second clips for your news you can see that immigration at our southern boarder isn't an issue created by the Biden Administration in 2 months.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:05 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:07 am
The Butcher wrote:
There hasn't been this type of immigration at the border since... May 2019. The level of immigrants at the border have almost reached the halfway point of... 2000. If you don't use 10 second clips for your news you can see that immigration at our southern boarder isn't an issue created by the Biden Administration in 2 months.
You should go back and look at virtually every single administration’s position on the border. Virtually every president during that time period had border security as a big problem that needed to be addressed. And one of the most effective methods was a wall.

https://wlos.com/amp/news/nation-world/ ... wall-works

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:13 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:05 am
The Butcher wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
You should go back and look at virtually every single administration’s position on the border. Virtually every president during that time period had border security as a big problem that needed to be addressed. And one of the most effective methods was a wall.

Did you know that Trump had fewer boarder patrol agents than Obama...
You should look back at other administration's positions.
Also, has America got that boarder wall check from Mexico yet?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/455 ... -staffing/

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:28 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:13 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:05 am
The Butcher wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Did you know that Trump had fewer boarder patrol agents than Obama...
You should look back at other administration's positions.
Also, has America got that boarder wall check from Mexico yet?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/455 ... -staffing/
Hmmm..... Build a wall and you might need less staffing...
control access and you might need less staffing... Discourage illegals from entering and you might need less staffing.... I seem to see a pattern.

Oh by the way, if you did a little research, you find how dangerous the border patrol job and how hard it is to recruit and retain employees.

Lastly, did you realize that Obama built over 100 miles of border wall during his administration? Look at today’s Biden administration and you can see how far left the current administration has moved.