Cops/security taking selfies with protesters/terrorists

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: Cops/security taking selfies with protesters/terrorists

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:33 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:02 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:00 pm
A police officer died today from injuries from Trump rioters. As of now 5 deaths.
More Americans died from this domestic terrorism than the Benghazi attack in 2012.
Well we should all know by now how the police officers death will be handled. He probably had a pre-existing condition and therefore it won’t be the white domestic terrorists fault. Something along those lines.

I see some of the white domestic terrorists are being identified and get this: some of them are (are you sitting down? Okay, steady yourself because what I’m about to tell you is very graphic) losing their jobs. Yeah, I know it’s cruel and unusual punishment. I’m sure St. Donald will talk to their employers and cooler heads will prevail.
A West Virginia State House member was among the rioters.

https://wvmetronews.com/2021/01/06/w-va ... s-capitol/

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:51 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:33 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:02 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:00 pm
A police officer died today from injuries from Trump rioters. As of now 5 deaths.
More Americans died from this domestic terrorism than the Benghazi attack in 2012.
Well we should all know by now how the police officers death will be handled. He probably had a pre-existing condition and therefore it won’t be the white domestic terrorists fault. Something along those lines.

I see some of the white domestic terrorists are being identified and get this: some of them are (are you sitting down? Okay, steady yourself because what I’m about to tell you is very graphic) losing their jobs. Yeah, I know it’s cruel and unusual punishment. I’m sure St. Donald will talk to their employers and cooler heads will prevail.
A West Virginia State House member was among the rioters.

https://wvmetronews.com/2021/01/06/w-va ... s-capitol/
If I remember correctly there have been several instances of this at other riots around the country.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:55 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:49 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:02 pm
This just pisses me off. Nice work by Trump to completely screw conservatives, which he has been doing for years.

Real question. What is the difference between these guys and the guys that burned/attacked/stormed (whatever you want to call it) courthouses, police precincts etc?

All these jackholes deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Protesting is one thing, which everyone here agrees is one of our rights, looting, violence, "storming" buildings is unacceptable.
Just off the top of my head I can think of three:

One difference is the people protesting in Portland were protesting police brutality, which is something real that needs to change in this country. The people protesting in D.C. were protesting widespread voter fraud, which there is no evidence of.

Another difference is the people protesting in Portland were focused at the federal courthouse there. The people protesting in D.C. were protesting at the nation's capitol building.

A third difference is the people in Portland weren't encouraged by Trump or any politicians. The people in D.C. were encouraged by U.S. Senators and the POTUS.

Not that any of those things are a big deal, but you asked, so I just thought I'd throw a few out there.
Destroying businesses (some minority owned), defacing and destroying federal and state property has absolutely nothing to do with protesting police brutality. That doesn't track. Just like storming the capital building doesn't track for any semblance of trying to have your "voice heard about election stealing".

Both of these are about groups of fanatics causing major disruption to sow chaos.

Encouragement is an interesting term. I'd suggest the cities of Seattle and Portland encouraged the actions by not acting strongly.

I also 100% agree that DT (I'm not saying his name anymore) fanned the flames and egg'd these idiots on. Hes absolutely culpable at some level, its not 100% his fault but I'm definitely throwing 50% blame his way.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:00 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:37 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Real question. What is the difference between these guys and the guys that burned/attacked/stormed (whatever you want to call it) courthouses, police precincts etc?
I’ve been wondering about this as well? Seems like some cities were in major turmoil all summer and it just kind of seemed like an afterthought. Portland seemed in real rough shape for months and I even think I remember people saying it wasn’t that bad?

It is fascinating that people have such different views of these awful situations depending on “which side” they’re on.

Yuck.
Yep. Blind spot bias.
@BigBruceBaker Former Trump Chief of Staff Gen John Kelly had an interesting commentary on the difference. Certainly a guy with a unique perspective.

Appreciate this, thanks for sharing.

I disagree with him however. All of these riots that destroy buildings, business, government facilities and put ANYONE in potential danger is absolutely unacceptable, but I categorize them as the same. It's pure unadulterated chaos/anarchy that is wanted by these thugs/hooligans. They want to control this country through force, not democracy.

Both are equally wrong, to say otherwise imo shows bias towards "the cause" that each side is rep'ing. Which to me is no cause at all.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:08 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:00 am
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I’ve been wondering about this as well? Seems like some cities were in major turmoil all summer and it just kind of seemed like an afterthought. Portland seemed in real rough shape for months and I even think I remember people saying it wasn’t that bad?

It is fascinating that people have such different views of these awful situations depending on “which side” they’re on.

Yuck.
Yep. Blind spot bias.
@BigBruceBaker Former Trump Chief of Staff Gen John Kelly had an interesting commentary on the difference. Certainly a guy with a unique perspective.

I disagree with him however. All of these riots that destroy buildings, business, government facilities and put ANYONE in potential danger is absolutely unacceptable, but I categorize them as the same. It's pure unadulterated chaos/anarchy that is wanted by these thugs/hooligans. They want to control this country through force, not democracy.

Both are equally wrong, to say otherwise imo shows bias towards "the cause" that each side is rep'ing. Which to me is no cause at all.
I’m guessing the two of you have different life experiences that shape your perceptions. Which is fine.

He was a general in the military worked at the highest levels of the US government and has spent the better part of his life defending the freedom and democracy, and the US capitol is part of that. I’d imagine he doesn’t view this attack as a brick and mortar vandalism, it’s an attack on something he has sworn to defend.

I’m not criticizing your perception, I’m just pointing out many people understandably see this as different.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:13 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:55 am
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
This just pisses me off. Nice work by Trump to completely screw conservatives, which he has been doing for years.

All these jackholes deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Protesting is one thing, which everyone here agrees is one of our rights, looting, violence, "storming" buildings is unacceptable.

One difference is the people protesting in Portland were protesting police brutality, which is something real that needs to change in this country. The people protesting in D.C. were protesting widespread voter fraud, which there is no evidence of.

Another difference is the people protesting in Portland were focused at the federal courthouse there. The people protesting in D.C. were protesting at the nation's capitol building.

A third difference is the people in Portland weren't encouraged by Trump or any politicians. The people in D.C. were encouraged by U.S. Senators and the POTUS.

Not that any of those things are a big deal, but you asked, so I just thought I'd throw a few out there.
Destroying businesses (some minority owned), defacing and destroying federal and state property has absolutely nothing to do with protesting police brutality. That doesn't track. Just like storming the capital building doesn't track for any semblance of trying to have your "voice heard about election stealing".

Both of these are about groups of fanatics causing major disruption to sow chaos.

Encouragement is an interesting term. I'd suggest the cities of Seattle and Portland encouraged the actions by not acting strongly.

I also 100% agree that DT (I'm not saying his name anymore) fanned the flames and egg'd these idiots on. Hes absolutely culpable at some level, its not 100% his fault but I'm definitely throwing 50% blame his way.
The destruction is pointless and similar, but the rationale is uncomparable.

If I get pissed at someone for slapping my wife and I punch them in the face vs. if I get pissed and just punch someone after someone else merely tells me that person slapped my wife with finding out for sure that's what happened. See the difference? In this case, the people doing the latter have done no vetting and are punching someone who did nothing.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:08 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Yuck.
Yep. Blind spot bias.

I’m guessing the two of you have different life experiences that shape your perceptions. Which is fine.

He was a general in the military worked at the highest levels of the US government and has spent the better part of his life defending the freedom and democracy, and the US capitol is part of that. I’d imagine he doesn’t view this attack as a brick and mortar vandalism, it’s an attack on something he has sworn to defend.

I’m not criticizing your perception, I’m just pointing out many people understandably see this as different.
Absolutely fair.

I view storming, setting fire and trying to destroy police precincts and federal courthouses in the same light - an attack on our democracy and freedom.

For the most part perception is all in the eye of the beholder and many factors play into how we see the world. Doesn't mean he is right, doesn't mean I'm right. One of the things that's great about this country is we USED to be able to talk and communicate different ideals and sides. Seems like that is really going down the toilet from extreme people.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:08 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Yuck.
Yep. Blind spot bias.

Absolutely fair.

I view storming, setting fire and trying to destroy police precincts and federal courthouses in the same light - an attack on our democracy and freedom.

For the most part perception is all in the eye of the beholder and many factors play into how we see the world. Doesn't mean he is right, doesn't mean I'm right. One of the things that's great about this country is we USED to be able to talk and communicate different ideals and sides. Seems like that is really going down the toilet from extreme people.
100%

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:13 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

If I get pissed at someone for slapping my wife and I punch them in the face vs. if I get pissed and just punch someone after someone else merely tells me that person slapped my wife with finding out for sure that's what happened. See the difference? In this case, the people doing the latter have done no vetting and are punching someone who did nothing.
The rationale of either doesn't make sense.

Trying to stop congress from voting on a president by storming the capital is absolute insanity and makes zero rational sense.

Destroying businesses/police precincts/public property/courthouses to protest a police shooting in a different part of the country (or the same part of the country) makes zero rational sense and is equally as insane.

I am not comparing protests, I am directly talking about damage and forceful entry into a place that you (the rioters) don't belong.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:37 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 pm
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Trying to stop congress from voting on a president by storming the capital is absolute insanity and makes zero rational sense.

Destroying businesses/police precincts/public property/courthouses to protest a police shooting in a different part of the country (or the same part of the country) makes zero rational sense and is equally as insane.

I am not comparing protests, I am directly talking about damage and forceful entry into a place that you (the rioters) don't belong.
I think it's obvious that violence isn't the answer. My point is that one party has a cause, the other has an artificial cause built on lies by politicians. I'm fine to just agree to disagree that the root of the problem is or isn't important.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:29 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:37 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I think it's obvious that violence isn't the answer. My point is that one party has a cause, the other has an artificial cause built on lies by politicians. I'm fine to just agree to disagree that the root of the problem is or isn't important.
You are on a slippery slope. I agree with BBB that violence is not acceptable in either scenario. You seem to justifying the BLM riots because their cause is “more valid”.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:54 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:37 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Yep, agree to disagree. No harm/no foul man. Always appreciate the discussion, even though we seem to come to the agree/disagree conclusion way more often than not (weird autocorrect put this as naught) haha!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:36 pm

The excrement is hitting the fan. Maybe some people might think twice now about letting themselves be carried away with emotion. Too add, one of those involved said she was not even in the building...

Earlier today a picture of the guy stretched out at pelosi's desk is identifies as a fellow from Boise. Did these people not think that cameras would be shut down. The main word here is THINK...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/rioters-l ... ing%20News

Disgusting behavior.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:06 pm

Did security just let them in?

Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:09 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm
Look like terrorists to me. Or hoodlums. Where are the Marines? I believe they have the ultimate responsibility to protect the President and his home and office? But I guess Trump would need to call them in? Someone all summer and fall has needed to be the adults and stop this — Portland or Washington, I don’t care who it is — it’s all the same to me. My father-in-law, who has a bullet wound through his shoulder from WW-II and is 97 years old is about ready to head for Washington and clean house himself.
Geez, is he Antifa or something? :wink:
No, Tom Brokaw described him well. I’d describe him as anti-Antifa. But he was anti-Hitler as well. One of the good guys, doesn’t have much truck with any of the bad guys. :D

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:32 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:09 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm
Look like terrorists to me. Or hoodlums. Where are the Marines? I believe they have the ultimate responsibility to protect the President and his home and office? But I guess Trump would need to call them in? Someone all summer and fall has needed to be the adults and stop this — Portland or Washington, I don’t care who it is — it’s all the same to me. My father-in-law, who has a bullet wound through his shoulder from WW-II and is 97 years old is about ready to head for Washington and clean house himself.
Geez, is he Antifa or something? :wink:
No, Tom Brokaw described him well. I’d describe him as anti-Antifa. But he was anti-Hitler as well. One of the good guys, doesn’t have much truck with any of the bad guys. :D
Your FIL, like my own late father, learned first hand what civil, rational people with common sense are up against during the WWII era. Today there aren’t enough of them around to provide guidance.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:42 pm

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:57 pm

Speaking of Inciting Violence...

https://api.parler.com/l/0GOAF

Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:59 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:42 pm
If I don’t condemn this now, will it come back to haunt me?

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber