Cops/security taking selfies with protesters/terrorists

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Cops/security taking selfies with protesters/terrorists

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:54 pm

I probably shouldn't call them terrorists since they're white. Sorry if that thread title offended anyone.

Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Cops/security taking selfies with protesters/terrorists

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Look like terrorists to me. Or hoodlums. Where are the Marines? I believe they have the ultimate responsibility to protect the President and his home and office? But I guess Trump would need to call them in? Someone all summer and fall has needed to be the adults and stop this — Portland or Washington, I don’t care who it is — it’s all the same to me. My father-in-law, who has a bullet wound through his shoulder from WW-II and is 97 years old is about ready to head for Washington and clean house himself.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm
Look like terrorists to me. Or hoodlums. Where are the Marines? I believe they have the ultimate responsibility to protect the President and his home and office? But I guess Trump would need to call them in? Someone all summer and fall has needed to be the adults and stop this — Portland or Washington, I don’t care who it is — it’s all the same to me. My father-in-law, who has a bullet wound through his shoulder from WW-II and is 97 years old is about ready to head for Washington and clean house himself.
Geez, is he Antifa or something? :wink:

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:02 pm

This just pisses me off. Nice work by Trump to completely screw conservatives, which he has been doing for years.

Real question. What is the difference between these guys and the guys that burned/attacked/stormed (whatever you want to call it) courthouses, police precincts etc?

All these jackholes deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Protesting is one thing, which everyone here agrees is one of our rights, looting, violence, "storming" buildings is unacceptable.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

CatBot
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatBot » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:02 pm
This just pisses me off. Nice work by Trump to completely screw conservatives, which he has been doing for years.

Real question. What is the difference between these guys and the guys that burned/attacked/stormed (whatever you want to call it) courthouses, police precincts etc?

All these jackholes deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Protesting is one thing, which everyone here agrees is one of our rights, looting, violence, "storming" buildings is unacceptable.
Yes. This is a dark time for conservatives that have hated Trump all the way from escalator ride in 2015. I absolutely hated 5 years of being called a RINO (at best) and a bleeding heart liberal (at worst). Eff Trumpers. I'm so pissed off right now.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:34 am

At least 4 people are dead because of this ridiculousness. Not sure what the damage costs will be, but I am sure it is significant. Trump lit the match to this fire, plain and simple.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm

Biden is speaking right now and he just said some stuff that I find troubling. He claims that the protestors at the White House were treated better because they were white? Cmon man!!! A lady was killed! And I didn’t see any correlation to race with yesterday’s protest, but Biden is turning it into a racial issue. That is not what yesterday was about.

coachouert

Post by coachouert » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:58 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm
Biden is speaking right now and he just said some stuff that I find troubling. He claims that the protestors at the White House were treated better because they were white? Cmon man!!! A lady was killed! And I didn’t see any correlation to race with yesterday’s protest, but Biden is turning it into a racial issue. That is not what yesterday was about.
So you don't think the rioters yesterday were given better treatment by police officers then those at BLM protests this past summer?

Would you have been okay if Biden had said something like "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" yesterday? Would you have been okay if Biden said “We have to have peace, so go home. We love you, you’re very special” about a group that broke into Congress? C'mon man.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Cataholic wrote:

All that Trump induced craziness yesterday, and yet somehow, you manage to still be more "troubled" by Biden, than by Trump?? Now that is what I find to be "troubling".

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:02 pm

Is "c'mon man" going to become the "just do it" or the "whas'uuuuuuuup" of the 2020's?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:37 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:

I’ve been wondering about this as well? Seems like some cities were in major turmoil all summer and it just kind of seemed like an afterthought. Portland seemed in real rough shape for months and I even think I remember people saying it wasn’t that bad?

It is fascinating that people have such different views of these awful situations depending on “which side” they’re on.

Yuck.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:03 pm

coachouert wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:58 pm

So you don't think the rioters yesterday were given better treatment by police officers then those at BLM protests this past summer?

Would you have been okay if Biden had said something like "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" yesterday? Would you have been okay if Biden said “We have to have peace, so go home. We love you, you’re very special” about a group that broke into Congress? C'mon man.
Let us just remember how Trump had people pepper sprayed at a church for a photo-op.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:37 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I’ve been wondering about this as well? Seems like some cities were in major turmoil all summer and it just kind of seemed like an afterthought. Portland seemed in real rough shape for months and I even think I remember people saying it wasn’t that bad?

It is fascinating that people have such different views of these awful situations depending on “which side” they’re on.

Yuck.
Yep. Blind spot bias.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:49 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:

Just off the top of my head I can think of three:

One difference is the people protesting in Portland were protesting police brutality, which is something real that needs to change in this country. The people protesting in D.C. were protesting widespread voter fraud, which there is no evidence of.

Another difference is the people protesting in Portland were focused at the federal courthouse there. The people protesting in D.C. were protesting at the nation's capitol building.

A third difference is the people in Portland weren't encouraged by Trump or any politicians. The people in D.C. were encouraged by U.S. Senators and the POTUS.

Not that any of those things are a big deal, but you asked, so I just thought I'd throw a few out there.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:37 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Yuck.
Yep. Blind spot bias.
@BigBruceBaker Former Trump Chief of Staff Gen John Kelly had an interesting commentary on the difference. Certainly a guy with a unique perspective.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:47 pm

coachouert wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Cmon man!! A person was killed. 3 other people died in the panic. I have seen video snipetts of people involved yesterday who were terrified by the police force. That doesn’t sound like the police rolled out the red carpet for these protestors.

I think all of the rioting yesterday was awful and disgusting, but making this a racial issue is just politics.

If you really want to compare the DC events yesterday and the BLM riots, we can start with how the press approached it. There is a clear difference on liberal left networks that condoned yesterday’s violence, but they categorized the BLM riots as peaceful.

And there are many other things to consider in comparing the riots. How much police was available for the DC event? I heard Secret Service, White House Police, DC Police, FBI and military was on site yesterday. The BLM riots had no police presence at times due to local leadership. Do you think that the different conditions allow police to act differently? The only time I heard race was when Biden said it and then the media picked it up.

And I clearly wasn’t asking Joe to say anything similar to what Trump has said in the past. So please don’t put words or make such assumptions. However, is every single issue now going to become a liberal talking point. If a train of gasoline derails and starts a fire, will Biden use that to prop up his agenda against fossil fuels? Seems the problem was the train transportation failed and not the gasoline, but the liberals will use anything to further their agenda.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:51 pm

John K wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:01 pm
Cataholic wrote:

All that Trump induced craziness yesterday, and yet somehow, you manage to still be more "troubled" by Biden, than by Trump?? Now that is what I find to be "troubling".
Who said I wasn’t troubled by Trumps actions? I posted multiple times that it is not acceptable. So don’t put words in my mouth okay... However, Biden turning this into a racial issue is disappointing.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:53 pm

John K wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:02 pm
Is "c'mon man" going to become the "just do it" or the "whas'uuuuuuuup" of the 2020's?
“Cmon man” will be a joke that is used every weekend on Saturday Night Live.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:00 pm

A police officer died today from injuries from Trump rioters. As of now 5 deaths.
More Americans died from this domestic terrorism than the Benghazi attack in 2012.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:02 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:00 pm
A police officer died today from injuries from Trump rioters. As of now 5 deaths.
More Americans died from this domestic terrorism than the Benghazi attack in 2012.
Well we should all know by now how the police officers death will be handled. He probably had a pre-existing condition and therefore it won’t be the white domestic terrorists fault. Something along those lines.

I see some of the white domestic terrorists are being identified and get this: some of them are (are you sitting down? Okay, steady yourself because what I’m about to tell you is very graphic) losing their jobs. Yeah, I know it’s cruel and unusual punishment. I’m sure St. Donald will talk to their employers and cooler heads will prevail.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber