Proud Boy arrested, burning a blm banner AND

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Proud Boy arrested, burning a blm banner AND

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:40 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:02 am
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:05 pm
This is disgusting. And please tell me that you were against the riots where similar language was being used by Antifa and even BLM.
Yes, if that occurred it's disgusting as well. This post, however, is the by-product of high-ranking politicians lying to their followers. Antifa/BLM is the result of them seeing their fellow human beings killed for selling cigarettes and trying to pass fake money, etc. after decades/centuries of oppression. So while you are correct that the words by both are disgusting, there's another element that you're not mentioning and those makes these comparisons fall short.

I have a hard time finding comparisons to what happened at our nation's capitol building. It was such a huge, unique moment. It ranks up there with 9/11, Pearl Harbor, the Civil War...
Like everything these days, people are going to take sides. In it's simplest form, they are similar.

With BLM, the majority of the protesters were good people, peaceful protesting for a cause they believed strongly in. However, in every city there were bad people taking advantage of this cause and there was mass rioting, violence and buildings burning. There were some very scary moments in these cities.

What we saw Wednesday was in fact something we'd never seen before, the Capital building being overrun. But there was a majority of good people, peaceful protesting, for a cause they believed in.

Where things seem to get messy is this summer people acted as if all BLM supporters were just these thugs that didn't care for anything except rioting and looting. And on the other side there was people acting as if NOTHING bad was taking place. I actually saw a montage yesterday that have me laughing out loud. It was a bunch of clips of reporters talking about how peaceful the protests were, but in the background of every one of them you could see cars and buildings burning. Pretty dangerous in my mind.

Today, we seem to be lumping ALL Trump supporters together like they all are fine with idiots storming the capital. And while I personally don't understand how people can support that guy, as I think he's an incredible moron, I have no doubt in my mind there are very good people, unhappy with the state of our country, who support Trump because they think he's the lesser of two evils.

In my mind, the real issue is the division between the people, who have blind loyalty to a party instead of the greater good of the country. And it brings out the worst in all of us. This board is a microcosm of that I think. All great people who love our Bobcats, yet when the discussion is politics it gets just nasty.

My personal opinion is we are all just as guilty as the politicians we elected. Until we stop playing sides, acting as if "our side" is the "best side"; I don't see anything changing.

:kicksrock:
Thank you for the very good post. Many people view me as a Trump supporter, but I am really glad to see him sail into the sunset. His actions the past couple weeks were really a blight on anything that he accomplished during his admin. Just a really bad way to go out. And he let down conservatives with how he approached the Georgia elections.

It seems that many of the attacks on Trump are also attacking Republicans and conservatives in general. In those instances, I try to speak up and defend conservatives or take issue with liberal agenda being pushed. Just yesterday, Biden turned the attack on the capital into a racial issue. Covid has been used as a political issue to attack Trump and to elevate Democrats politically - when both parties clearly have responsibility in where we are today.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:24 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:53 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:40 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:02 am
CelticCat wrote:
This is disgusting. And please tell me that you were against the riots where similar language was being used by Antifa and even BLM.
Yes, if that occurred it's disgusting as well. This post, however, is the by-product of high-ranking politicians lying to their followers. Antifa/BLM is the result of them seeing their fellow human beings killed for selling cigarettes and trying to pass fake money, etc. after decades/centuries of oppression. So while you are correct that the words by both are disgusting, there's another element that you're not mentioning and those makes these comparisons fall short.

I have a hard time finding comparisons to what happened at our nation's capitol building. It was such a huge, unique moment. It ranks up there with 9/11, Pearl Harbor, the Civil War...
Like everything these days, people are going to take sides. In it's simplest form, they are similar.

With BLM, the majority of the protesters were good people, peaceful protesting for a cause they believed strongly in. However, in every city there were bad people taking advantage of this cause and there was mass rioting, violence and buildings burning. There were some very scary moments in these cities.

What we saw Wednesday was in fact something we'd never seen before, the Capital building being overrun. But there was a majority of good people, peaceful protesting, for a cause they believed in.

Where things seem to get messy is this summer people acted as if all BLM supporters were just these thugs that didn't care for anything except rioting and looting. And on the other side there was people acting as if NOTHING bad was taking place. I actually saw a montage yesterday that have me laughing out loud. It was a bunch of clips of reporters talking about how peaceful the protests were, but in the background of every one of them you could see cars and buildings burning. Pretty dangerous in my mind.

Today, we seem to be lumping ALL Trump supporters together like they all are fine with idiots storming the capital. And while I personally don't understand how people can support that guy, as I think he's an incredible moron, I have no doubt in my mind there are very good people, unhappy with the state of our country, who support Trump because they think he's the lesser of two evils.

In my mind, the real issue is the division between the people, who have blind loyalty to a party instead of the greater good of the country. And it brings out the worst in all of us. This board is a microcosm of that I think. All great people who love our Bobcats, yet when the discussion is politics it gets just nasty.

My personal opinion is we are all just as guilty as the politicians we elected. Until we stop playing sides, acting as if "our side" is the "best side"; I don't see anything changing.

:kicksrock:
I see no similarity between people protesting for a fake cause, induced by politicians preying on ill-tempered racists, and people protesting for a real cause. Huge difference. Please supply more info as I'm having an incredibly difficult time with what you're getting at here.

I've heard no one say ALL Trump supporters are fine with the idiots storming the capital. Not once.

Please post the montage. I'd like, as you did, to be able to scrutinize it myself.
Well I saw the montage on the news yesterday. Perhaps I could find it.

I feel there is a similarity in that both groups of people were protesting in something they believe in. It may be a fake cause to you. Hell, it may be a fake cause to me. But it's certainly possible it was a real cause to those protesting. Maybe they just aren't as smart as you are, but there's a chance they really believed they were wanting their voice heard for something that is important to them.

If you don't see the division in the people, and people lumping people together like they are all the same that's great. I have a different opinion and I think in general, (not every single person in the country) we are in the habit of lumping people together. ALL democrats. ALL republicans. ALL BLM protesters. ALL Trump supporters. Etc.
Another really good post. I also saw a similar montage that you referred to.

Not trying to antagonize iaa, but your response is exactly what ILTC was referring to. In your eyes, BLM=good people with good cause, Patriots=racist manipulated by politicians. Did you realize that the woman killed was a conservative who served like 14 years in the military? She was not a racist - she was just protesting for a cause she believed in.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:45 am

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:04 pm

I am not going to go way into your last two posts. But I am not going to let those posts slide as you act like a victim and a voice of reason.
  • You said many of us view you as a Trump supporter. Are you implying you are not a Trump supporter? Your own posts highly suggest you are a Trump supporter...
  • There are plenty of "blight(s)" on Trump's presidency prior to the past 2 weeks. Charlottesville’s very fine people, George Floyd response, America's global image with allies, family separation at the border, US economy in shambles, COVID handling (still waiting for it to just disappear along with 400,000 dead Americans), and IMPEACHMENT. This obviously is just a few items.
  • I would be interested in what you are referring to as attacks on conservatives in general. I for one am an actual conservative, not a rightwing Trumper or enabler. They are NOT the same thing...
  • If you don't understand Biden's comparison to how BLM protesters were treated versus Trump rioters on the Capitol you are fooling yourself. Trump used teargas on BLM protesters at a church for a photo while Trump rioters killed a police officer to break into the Capitol.
  • Trump made COVID a political issue. Look no further than wearing a mask. Give me a break on COVID or as you call it the "China Virus".
  • Finally, that woman was a QAnon conspiracy theorist. Busting down doors and breaking windows at the Capitol because of “Democratic pedophiles" is a legitimate cause? She should have been in a mental ward not in the Capitol attempting a coup.
Anyway, your posts are full of b.s.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:04 pm
I am not going to go way into your last two posts. But I am not going to let those posts slide as you act like a victim and a voice of reason.
  • You said many of us view you as a Trump supporter. Are you implying you are not a Trump supporter? Your own posts highly suggest you are a Trump supporter...
  • There are plenty of "blight(s)" on Trump's presidency prior to the past 2 weeks. Charlottesville’s very fine people, George Floyd response, America's global image with allies, family separation at the border, US economy in shambles, COVID handling (still waiting for it to just disappear along with 400,000 dead Americans), and IMPEACHMENT. This obviously is just a few items.
  • I would be interested in what you are referring to as attacks on conservatives in general. I for one am an actual conservative, not a rightwing Trumper or enabler. They are NOT the same thing...
  • If you don't understand Biden's comparison to how BLM protesters were treated versus Trump rioters on the Capitol you are fooling yourself. Trump used teargas on BLM protesters at a church for a photo while Trump rioters killed a police officer to break into the Capitol.
  • Trump made COVID a political issue. Look no further than wearing a mask. Give me a break on COVID or as you call it the "China Virus".
  • Finally, that woman was a QAnon conspiracy theorist. Busting down doors and breaking windows at the Capitol because of “Democratic pedophiles" is a legitimate cause? She should have been in a mental ward not in the Capitol attempting a coup.
Anyway, your posts are full of b.s.
Not sure why, but I will do my best to answer your questions. You won't like my answers. And if you think my posts are full of BS, then don't read them. My answers are below in red.
  • You said many of us view you as a Trump supporter. Are you implying you are not a Trump supporter? Your own posts highly suggest you are a Trump supporter... I am a conservative Republican. If you have been paying attention the past couple of years, I have repeatedly talked about Trump's weaknesses and how my party would be better with a different leader. But your attacks on Trump turn into a condemnation of all conservatives and Republicans. I will defend the ideals and policies I believe in when you do that. I am guessing you don't realize it, but some of your posts are just pure hate toward the right and you regularly lump anybody on the right as a Trumper and a racist. That just isn't true.
  • There are plenty of "blight(s)" on Trump's presidency prior to the past 2 weeks. Charlottesville’s very fine people, George Floyd response, America's global image with allies, family separation at the border, US economy in shambles, COVID handling (still waiting for it to just disappear along with 400,000 dead Americans), and IMPEACHMENT. This obviously is just a few items. This is a great example of your hate toward Trump. Every single item you just mentioned has additional information that is purposely being left out by you (and members of the left). For example, Trump specifically denounced white supremacy at Charlottesville. This has been covered and discussed multiple times on this forum with articles supporting this point, but you refuse to absorb that fact. I won't delve into all of the issues you listed, because quite honestly, it is useless with you. But here is some additional food for thought: Think about how often the Trump Impeachment proceeding was brought up by Democrats in the election --- You will find that the issue wasn't brought up because the Impeachment proceedings were a complete FAILURE based on fabrications with the Steel Dossier and very shady legal proceedings. It has become an embarassment to the Democrats and was never an issue in the elections as a reult.
  • I would be interested in what you are referring to as attacks on conservatives in general. I for one am an actual conservative, not a rightwing Trumper or enabler. They are NOT the same thing... YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT A CONSERVATIVE. I would be surprised if one single person on this board agreed with your claim that you are a conservative.
  • If you don't understand Biden's comparison to how BLM protesters were treated versus Trump rioters on the Capitol you are fooling yourself. Trump used teargas on BLM protesters at a church for a photo while Trump rioters killed a police officer to break into the Capitol. You do realize that security at capitol hill yesterday had to use tear gas, pepper spray, ammunition (shot and killed a rioter) and other methods to turn back protestors. You also bring up an interesting point about Trump and the church-photo tear gas incident. The federal police was heavily criticized for using tear gas in that incident -- NOW YOU ARE COMPLAINING THAT THEY DIDN'T USE TEAR GAS ON WEDNESDAY?
  • Trump made COVID a political issue. Look no further than wearing a mask. Give me a break on COVID or as you call it the "China Virus". This is another statement by you that is so one-sided that it is laughable. I can give you a hundred statements by Democrats that made Covid a political issue. Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo, etc all made Covid a political issue. The media made Covid a political issue. To solely blame Trump shows just how biased you are.
  • Finally, that woman was a QAnon conspiracy theorist. Busting down doors and breaking windows at the Capitol because of “Democratic pedophiles" is a legitimate cause? She should have been in a mental ward not in the Capitol attempting a coup. How many times do I have to say that the riots at capitol hill were not acceptable? The violence was not acceptable and I have never tried to justify them. So I have no idea what you are trying to say in this bullet point.... Are you saying this lady deserved to die because of her beliefs?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:53 pm

FBI says no evidence of ANTIFA involvement. I know that conspiracy narrative is being pushed by certain groups.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... ssion=true

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 am

CelticCat wrote:
Update - this dude has been arrested.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... ities-say/

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:38 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:45 am

I’m sorry but you (Ben Shapiro et al) don’t get to add logs to the fire over the last few years and then cry “whoa hey don’t lump us all together”, especially when the right has refused time and time again to deal with these right wing extremists.

I completely agree that radicals on either side shouldn’t be lumped in with the rest, but if you’ve been observing over the last few years the sad part is that the Capitol incident was not a surprise at all.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:30 am

CelticCat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:38 am
I’m sorry but you (Ben Shapiro et al) don’t get to add logs to the fire over the last few years and then cry “whoa hey don’t lump us all together”, especially when the right has refused time and time again to deal with these right wing extremists.
Well you know the Republican Party is now run by Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert. You know the GOP’s “squad”! 😉

*Note: at least the Dem’s “squad” isn’t trying to overthrow the government! 😂

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:16 am

Cataholic wrote:

Did you post this because you agree with it and think it’s insightful, or because you don’t agree and think it’s stupid?

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:52 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:16 am
Cataholic wrote:

Did you post this because you agree with it and think it’s insightful, or because you don’t agree and think it’s stupid?
I agree with these guys had to say. What is not accurate?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:04 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I completely agree that radicals on either side shouldn’t be lumped in with the rest, but if you’ve been observing over the last few years the sad part is that the Capitol incident was not a surprise at all.
This is an absolute bullsh1t comment on your part. If you paid attention at all over the past couple of years, Republicans have denounced the acts of the far right. The liberal media that you follow however only relays what is inflammatory and pushes their liberal agenda. Trumps comments in Charlottesville are a prime example. Multiple liberal posters here keep referring to his “there are good people on both sides” comment that was taken out of context. If you listen to the whole thing, he explicitly states that does not include white supremacists.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump ... remacists/
Trump drew criticism for his condemnation of “hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides” after a rally organized by a white nationalist in Charlottesville in 2017, and for saying there were “very fine people on both sides.” But, contrary to Biden’s claim, the president twice specifically condemned white supremacists and neo-Nazis, and he has repeated that condemnation since.
I have multiple times spoke out against violence, racism and even dumb ass remarks by Trump, but your insistence to hear only what you want to hear is clouding your perception.

There are bad actors on both sides. I don’t think the vast majority of Democrats are Antifa or the occasional BLM person who is intent on violence. I didn't blame my father in law (staunch Democrat) for the violence in Portland. As a matter of fact, he was outraged by what he saw. But this total condemnation of everything Republican because of what happened last week is not right.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:39 pm

He makes some good points.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:04 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

This is an absolute bullsh1t comment on your part. If you paid attention at all over the past couple of years, Republicans have denounced the acts of the far right. The liberal media that you follow however only relays what is inflammatory and pushes their liberal agenda. Trumps comments in Charlottesville are a prime example. Multiple liberal posters here keep referring to his “there are good people on both sides” comment that was taken out of context. If you listen to the whole thing, he explicitly states that does not include white supremacists.

Trump drew criticism for his condemnation of “hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides” after a rally organized by a white nationalist in Charlottesville in 2017, and for saying there were “very fine people on both sides.” But, contrary to Biden’s claim, the president twice specifically condemned white supremacists and neo-Nazis, and he has repeated that condemnation since.
I have multiple times spoke out against violence, racism and even dumb ass remarks by Trump, but your insistence to hear only what you want to hear is clouding your perception.

There are bad actors on both sides. I don’t think the vast majority of Democrats are Antifa or the occasional BLM person who is intent on violence. I didn't blame my father in law (staunch Democrat) for the violence in Portland. As a matter of fact, he was outraged by what he saw. But this total condemnation of everything Republican because of what happened last week is not right.
What, you can blame liberal media for the actions of far left liberals but I can’t blame conservative media for the actions for far right conservatives?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:55 am

CelticCat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

What, you can blame liberal media for the actions of far left liberals but I can’t blame conservative media for the actions for far right conservatives?
I am not sure how you come up with that. Your original comment said that people on the right have refused to deal with these right wing extremists and we can’t cry when we are all lumped in together. I have denounced violence whether it was the left or right - and the vast majority of Republicans have done the same. I gave you an example of Trump even denouncing white supremacists, yet anybody on the right seems to be a bogey man to you.

And liberal media doesn’t cover the actions of the far left. They didn’t even think that Antifa existed.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:00 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:55 am
CelticCat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I am not sure how you come up with that. Your original comment said that people on the right have refused to deal with these right wing extremists and we can’t cry when we are all lumped in together. I have denounced violence whether it was the left or right - and the vast majority of Republicans have done the same. I gave you an example of Trump even denouncing white supremacists, yet anybody on the right seems to be a bogey man to you.

And liberal media doesn’t cover the actions of the far left. They didn’t even think that Antifa existed.
I’m loving your vast majority lines. I’m not sure how many republicans in congress and elsewhere are speaking out against the insurrection at the capitol or Trumps bogus election fraud, but it obviously isn’t enough when there are still people plotting to kill police, democratic AND republican political figures, and whatever collateral damage that includes. You still have too many people thinking Dominion was in on voter fraud despite almost every right wing media outlet being forced to publicly admit the were purposely lying about it.
But, ya know, yeah, you’re right. The vast majority of republicans are speaking out against violence. However others are causing it, when all they needed to do was collectively say there’s no voter fraud. That’s it. Just admitting that would’ve prevented the attempted coup at the capitol. But noooooo. They had to go along with Trump and his deceit. So these extremely few (actually it’s about half of all republicans in congress) people stoked the flames that got us to where we are today. The vast majority couldn’t do anything to stop or maybe they just didn’t try very hard.
It’s one thing to go out and protest something that you see with your very eyes or experience first hand, but to protest something that has no proof, people are admitting is a lie, and is being told to you by a habitual liar is quite another. You’d think a vast majority would easily be able to quell something like that, but I guess not.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."