I just want you to find 11,780 votes.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: I just want you to find 11,780 votes.

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:51 am

The press has generally given every president a pass when they act un-presidential. That's because most presidents act un-presidential rarely, while Trump does numerous times per day. At some point it needs to be addressed. Trump was un-presidential a long time before he became president.

Had republicans just nominated any of the other candidates, they would probably still control the White House and Senate. maybe even the House. Trump has taken the next four years out of the hands of the republican party.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 am

I look forward to only having tan suit controversies.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 am
John K wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:52 pm
coachouert wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:53 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:22 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:57 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:30 pm
"But that’s okay, maybe we’re both seeing/hearing what we want to see/hear."

This is what I heard: I think they cheated, so I just thought I'd give you a phone call and bring that up to see if you'd consider finding me 11,780 votes. I really think it's the right thing to do and if you don't do it you might get in trouble, but I'm just asking and you might want to do it because it'll eventually all come out and you might get into some trouble.

(Trump rarely makes a firm statement. Always a lot of "I think" "might" "possibly" "it could be" in his sentences. He's very consistent with that and it keeps him out of trouble, so a very smart tactic. A lot drug dealers and gangsters have been put away using that kind of language though, so I'm not sure it's fail-safe. *I'm learning to do it too.* LOL)
That is a good point, and I absolutely hate when Trump goes into these diatribes and leaves areas open to interpretation. I think it is a dumb tactic instead of being crystal clear in your message. However, it has become common for politicians to speak in the same manner. Biden does it all the time. Whether he is speaking about Ukraine, Hunter or the election, Biden has these gaps that leaves a question unanswered or open to interpretation. How many times has Biden flip flopped on subjects like fracking? Has Kamala changed her stance on whether Joe Biden was sexually assaulting a staffer? These guys say stuff all the time to fit their agenda at the time. But it only gets press when Trump is involved.

While I am on the subject, when Biden utters the phrase “Cmon man”, is it a presidential worthy image? Can we envision George Washington uttering Cmon Man? Heck, would Ronald Reagan, George Bush or Bill Clinton ever utter Cmon Man??? I find it interesting that Trump is criticized for not being presidential (like with Twitter), but Biden gets a complete pass.. CMON MAN!!!
This is a beautiful pivot. Hall of fame worthy. Bravo.
CMON MAN!!! That just makes me feel presidential saying it.👏👏👏
Do you really want to start going down the road of “looking presidential?” I know you defend Trump in all he does, but c’mon, man (see what I did there?), you’re grasping if this is what triggers you on someone looking unpresidential after the last four years of Twitter tantrums alone.
Not defending Trump on looking Presidential. He was embarrassing at times. But you can’t deny that the media treats Biden differently. The media torched Trump anytime he did something “un-presidential”. But with Biden, he is just being good old “Joe”. And Kamala gets the same preferential treatment from the press.
Are you effing kidding me!?!? You are the king of false equivalencies. You're really going to compare "c'mon man" with the myriad of objectionable/offensive/moronic things Trump has said over the last 5 years? That wouldn't even make Trump's "top 100"....maybe not even his "top 1000". I guess you're right though...that really is just as bad as talking about grabbing women by the p***y, or mocking a disabled journalist, or suggesting that we should inject bleach to treat Covid, or telling the Georgia SOS to come up with 11,780 votes out of thin air, or....well I could be here all night. How can you seriously continue to defend that deranged lunatic?
Cmon Man. Or maybe I should say calm down. I didn’t defend Trump. I didn’t say that any of the stupid things he said are okay. I actually said that he was embarrassing at times. What I did say though was that the press provides Biden a pass when he acts in-presidential. Do they ever question “tough guy” Joe when he wants to take someone behind the shed? But who knows, maybe Cmon Man will become one of the most presidential phrases of all time.
Or maybe the reason the media doesn't make as big of a deal out of the things Biden says, is simply because they are so mild and so infrequent, compared to the demeaning, sophomoric, and sometimes even cruel things, that Trump says on practically a daily basis? Once you dig a bit deeper, media bias, just like election fraud, is not as blatant nor as commonplace as the GOP would have you believe. And isn't Fox News the highest rated cable news channel? They are at least as biased towards the right, as CNN and MSNBC are biased to the left. So it seems a bit disingenuous to imply that all the MSM (if Fox is the highest rated cable news network, then I'd say they should be considered to be part of the MSM) is biased to the left.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 am

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:42 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 am
Apparently that was before Lindsey and Trump became BFF's. You just watch, good old two-faced Lindsey will turn on Trump just as quickly as he embraced him, once he has lost favor in the GOP again. LIndsey reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's two-faced girlfriend in the Festivus episode.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

This is what I heard: I think they cheated, so I just thought I'd give you a phone call and bring that up to see if you'd consider finding me 11,780 votes. I really think it's the right thing to do and if you don't do it you might get in trouble, but I'm just asking and you might want to do it because it'll eventually all come out and you might get into some trouble.

(Trump rarely makes a firm statement. Always a lot of "I think" "might" "possibly" "it could be" in his sentences. He's very consistent with that and it keeps him out of trouble, so a very smart tactic. A lot drug dealers and gangsters have been put away using that kind of language though, so I'm not sure it's fail-safe. *I'm learning to do it too.* LOL)
That is a good point, and I absolutely hate when Trump goes into these diatribes and leaves areas open to interpretation. I think it is a dumb tactic instead of being crystal clear in your message. However, it has become common for politicians to speak in the same manner. Biden does it all the time. Whether he is speaking about Ukraine, Hunter or the election, Biden has these gaps that leaves a question unanswered or open to interpretation. How many times has Biden flip flopped on subjects like fracking? Has Kamala changed her stance on whether Joe Biden was sexually assaulting a staffer? These guys say stuff all the time to fit their agenda at the time. But it only gets press when Trump is involved.

While I am on the subject, when Biden utters the phrase “Cmon man”, is it a presidential worthy image? Can we envision George Washington uttering Cmon Man? Heck, would Ronald Reagan, George Bush or Bill Clinton ever utter Cmon Man??? I find it interesting that Trump is criticized for not being presidential (like with Twitter), but Biden gets a complete pass.. CMON MAN!!!
After today, I can’t wait for you to tell me more about what it takes to be presidential.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:49 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

After today, I can’t wait for you to tell me more about what it takes to be presidential.
Thank God Trump didn't say "c'mon man" when he did that pathetic video today. That really would have incited his followers. They probably would have burned the Capital building to the ground, if he'd said that. One silver lining in all of this though....several of the GOP senators have changed their minds about protesting the electoral college results.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 am

John K wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 pm
Thank God Trump didn't say "c'mon man" when he did that pathetic video today. That really would have incited his followers. They probably would have burned the Capital building to the ground, if he'd said that. One silver lining in all of this though....several of the GOP senators have changed their minds about protesting the electoral college results.
Pathetic thing is 6 Republican senators still objected (see below) and 121 House Republicans.
Sen. Ted Cruz
Sen. Josh Hawley
Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith
Sen. Roger Marshall
Sen. John Kennedy
Sen. Tommy Tuberville

Cruz and Marshall have presidential aspirations, but after this could they actually win (MAGA is over just ask Georgia)? I highly doubt they could carry any swing states now, and I would suspect in 4 years states like Tennessee and Texas could be in play.

Sen. Marshall encouraging protesters that turned rioters hours before the attack on Congress

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 am
John K wrote:
Pathetic thing is 6 Republican senators still objected (see below) and 121 House Republicans.
Sen. Ted Cruz
Sen. Josh Hawley
Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith
Sen. Roger Marshall
Sen. John Kennedy
Sen. Tommy Tuberville

Cruz and Marshall have presidential aspirations, but after this could they actually win (MAGA is over just ask Georgia)? I highly doubt they could carry any swing states now, and I would suspect in 4 years states like Tennessee and Texas could be in play.

Sen. Marshall encouraging protesters that turned rioters hours before the attack on Congress
That's disgusting. All of those reps/senators are as big of POS as Trump is. Seriously, how can anyone in their right mind continue to support that sociopath? Here's a thought that will keep you up at night. Trump has been deemed to be too irresponsible to have access to social media, and yet he still has access to the nuclear codes for the next two weeks.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:50 pm

John K wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 am
John K wrote:
Sen. Ted Cruz
Sen. Josh Hawley
Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith
Sen. Roger Marshall
Sen. John Kennedy
Sen. Tommy Tuberville

That's disgusting. All of those reps/senators are as big of POS as Trump is. Seriously, how can anyone in their right mind continue to support that sociopath? Here's a thought that will keep you up at night. Trump has been deemed to be too irresponsible to have access to social media, and yet he still has access to the nuclear codes for the next two weeks.
That's actually Sen. Hawley, not Marshall, but the sentiment holds.

I don't like them much, but I am happy that 3 of the 4 congressmen from Idaho voted to uphold our election results. I will forever hold it against Congressman Fulcher that he voted against it, and for the first time in my life, I will get involved on a personal level for whoever the person that runs against him in 2 years, both in the primaries as well as the mid-term election.

GO CATS GO!!!