Trump Pardons

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Trump Pardons

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:05 am

Trump supporters believed he was “draining the swamp” but his pardons would suggest otherwise.
Are Trump supporters starting to question Trump’s “draining”?
These pardons are extremely unpatriotic and disgusting (murderers that killed children!).



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 am

I know nothing. Are you able to share any details about who’s being pardoned?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14624
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:53 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 am
I know nothing. Are you able to share any details about who’s being pardoned?
Give this a gander:
https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardons- ... nald-trump


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6092
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:26 am




iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6092
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:12 am

Pardon the swamp!



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6092
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:17 am




TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14624
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:11 am



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by wapiti » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm

An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14624
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:45 am

wapiti wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm
An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.
I think everyone understands that presidents give out pardons. Not sure what you mean by ‘democrats set a precedence with this.’ George Washington issued the first pardon.

The long post I made above is in regards to the pardon of the Blackwater group in Iraq.

There’s always some controversy when presidents do this, but Trump appears to be issuing pardons to people that appear to have lied, or done other things, to protect him.

I think he may be making these pardons and taking issue with the election results to draw away from his legal issues. Just a hunch.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4866
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by RickRund » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:21 pm

wapiti wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm
An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.
I have noticed that "we" generally do not like "their" pardons.

I am sure there were some that did not like Clinton giving pardons (clemency) to FALN...



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by The Butcher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:53 am

RickRund wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:21 pm
wapiti wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm
An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.
I have noticed that "we" generally do not like "their" pardons.

I am sure there were some that did not like Clinton giving pardons (clemency) to FALN...
I presume you are not condoning Trump’s pardons because of Clinton’s pardons that happened decades ago.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6092
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:14 am




Post Reply