Trump Pardons

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Trump Pardons

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:05 am

Trump supporters believed he was “draining the swamp” but his pardons would suggest otherwise.
Are Trump supporters starting to question Trump’s “draining”?
These pardons are extremely unpatriotic and disgusting (murderers that killed children!).



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4916
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 am

I know nothing. Are you able to share any details about who’s being pardoned?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14638
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:53 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 am
I know nothing. Are you able to share any details about who’s being pardoned?
Give this a gander:
https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardons- ... nald-trump


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:26 am




iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:12 am

Pardon the swamp!



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:17 am




TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14638
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:11 am



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by wapiti » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm

An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14638
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:45 am

wapiti wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm
An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.
I think everyone understands that presidents give out pardons. Not sure what you mean by ‘democrats set a precedence with this.’ George Washington issued the first pardon.

The long post I made above is in regards to the pardon of the Blackwater group in Iraq.

There’s always some controversy when presidents do this, but Trump appears to be issuing pardons to people that appear to have lied, or done other things, to protect him.

I think he may be making these pardons and taking issue with the election results to draw away from his legal issues. Just a hunch.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by RickRund » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:21 pm

wapiti wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm
An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.
I have noticed that "we" generally do not like "their" pardons.

I am sure there were some that did not like Clinton giving pardons (clemency) to FALN...



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by The Butcher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:53 am

RickRund wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:21 pm
wapiti wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm
An outgoing President giving out pardons!!!!!
This is not a new thing. The Democrats set a precedence with this.
You had better look at the pardons Obama and Clinton gave out when they were exiting office.
I have noticed that "we" generally do not like "their" pardons.

I am sure there were some that did not like Clinton giving pardons (clemency) to FALN...
I presume you are not condoning Trump’s pardons because of Clinton’s pardons that happened decades ago.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:14 am




User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10516
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:09 pm

I laughed.




User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10516
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 pm




User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 am

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Well Bannon got his pardon. Stole money from Trump supporters and gets away with it...



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:52 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 am
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Well Bannon got his pardon. Stole money from Trump supporters and they're okay with it...
FIFY



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3557
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:15 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 225254001/

DT pardons Lil-Wayne and Kodak Black - both rappers and African-American.

A surprising pardon for a known racist.... :-# ](*,) 8-[


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:15 am
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 225254001/

DT pardons Lil-Wayne and Kodak Black - both rappers and African-American.

A surprising pardon for a known racist.... :-# ](*,) 8-[
Yep, he's in the clear now. Time to go down to 5th Avenue, shoot a Black man while calling him the n-word...and get away with it. \:D/



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10306
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Upper Northwest WA
Contact:

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:15 am

The endless cycle of "but what about when so so and did it" is so old. Why can't we just discuss a topic independent of the past. This cycle will never be broken unless someone takes the high road.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4916
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Trump Pardons

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:20 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:15 am
The endless cycle of "but what about when so so and did it" is so old. Why can't we just discuss a topic independent of the past. This cycle will never be broken unless someone takes the high road.
Good post. Though this seems to sum up everything about politics in general. Sadly I just don't see it anytime soon. Half the population is ecstatic today while the other half is pissed. Same thing 4 years ago. Same thing 4 years from now.

This board is a tiny sample size and it's EXACTLY what you posted above. ](*,)



Post Reply