COVID Vaccine

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Will you get the COVID Vaccine when made available?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am

Yes- as soon as possible
56%
Yes- but I will wait awhile
22%
No
22%
Unsure
No votes

Total votes: 27

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: COVID Vaccine

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:32 pm

Isn’t AOC like 35ish? She definitely doesn’t meet the 1st wave of people that should have access to the vaccine.

Politicians are definitely more important than anyone.

.....or so they tell us.
Politicians are important. They should be among the first to get vaccinated, but not in front of healthcare workers and elderly, but I highly doubt having 538 U.S. Congress members get vaccinated is going to put anyone out. It is important for them to get publicly vaccinated to keep all the vaccine conspiracy theorists (some of who are in Congress) from persuading people from getting it.

What is great is congress members who have gone around denying science and Covid, going out and getting vaccinated. It's there subtle way of confessing to the lies they've been telling people for nearly a year. Hopefully those people are paying attention and realizing that what people like Paul and Graham have been saying was complete bull-pucky.

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:23 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Isn’t AOC like 35ish? She definitely doesn’t meet the 1st wave of people that should have access to the vaccine.

.....or so they tell us.
Politicians are important. They should be among the first to get vaccinated, but not in front of healthcare workers and elderly, but I highly doubt having 538 U.S. Congress members get vaccinated is going to put anyone out. It is important for them to get publicly vaccinated to keep all the vaccine conspiracy theorists (some of who are in Congress) from persuading people from getting it.

What is great is congress members who have gone around denying science and Covid, going out and getting vaccinated. It's there subtle way of confessing to the lies they've been telling people for nearly a year. Hopefully those people are paying attention and realizing that what people like Paul and Graham have been saying was complete bull-pucky.
Wow. 31 year old AOC. Let’s make sure she gets her vaccination because she is a politician. And regarding science, I recall many members of the Democratic Party saying they wouldn’t trust a vaccine developed under Trumps admin, yet they are the first in line to get the vaccine. That is truly hypocritical.

And did Paul and Graham say anything about the vaccine not being a good thing? Or are you just making a generalization that is no where near the truth?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:05 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:23 am
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

.....or so they tell us.

Wow. 31 year old AOC. Let’s make sure she gets her vaccination because she is a politician. And regarding science, I recall many members of the Democratic Party saying they wouldn’t trust a vaccine developed under Trumps admin, yet they are the first in line to get the vaccine. That is truly hypocritical.

And did Paul and Graham say anything about the vaccine not being a good thing? Or are you just making a generalization that is no where near the truth?
Politicians are important regardless of age. They should all get vaccinated ASAP. Yes, lets make sure AOC gets vaccinated, because she's a politician. That's a great reason. It's a non-issue. Graham got vaccinated as he should, despite his actions.

Where did I say they said getting the vaccine is a bad thing? Or are you back to your old trick of putting words in people's mouths and thinking no one will notice? :lol: :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GC ... CA0&uact=5

https://www.google.com/search?q=rand+pa ... e&ie=UTF-8

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:52 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:05 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

.....or so they tell us.

Politicians are important regardless of age. They should all get vaccinated ASAP. Yes, lets make sure AOC gets vaccinated, because she's a politician. That's a great reason. It's a non-issue. Graham got vaccinated as he should, despite his actions.

Where did I say they said getting the vaccine is a bad thing? Or are you back to your old trick of putting words in people's mouths and thinking no one will notice? :lol: :lol:

Amazing. You will say anything to defend people in your party. AOC is 31 years old and Covid will not be life threatening to her. Don’t you follow the science? There is no reason for her to get the vaccine ahead of a 70 year old that Covid could be fatal. We have heard that every single life is important, but in your world, politicians should get it first. Maybe a 70 year old Pelosi, but not a 31 year old politician.

And isn’t this whole thread about the vaccine? Since we are talking about the vaccine, where did Graham or Paul ever say that a vaccine would not work? Quite the opposite, they have been saying that a vaccine will be a solution. Yet somehow in your one sided Democratic thinking, they are being hypocrites by getting the vaccine??? You are spending too much time on planet CNN.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Really did not know the appropriate site to post this. Could have gone on a few...

Stopping covid is like herding cats.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News ... spx/291374

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:52 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

.....or so they tell us.

Amazing. You will say anything to defend people in your party. AOC is 31 years old and Covid will not be life threatening to her. Don’t you follow the science? There is no reason for her to get the vaccine ahead of a 70 year old that Covid could be fatal. We have heard that every single life is important, but in your world, politicians should get it first. Maybe a 70 year old Pelosi, but not a 31 year old politician.

And isn’t this whole thread about the vaccine? Since we are talking about the vaccine, where did Graham or Paul ever say that a vaccine would not work? Quite the opposite, they have been saying that a vaccine will be a solution. Yet somehow in your one sided Democratic thinking, they are being hypocrites by getting the vaccine??? You are spending too much time on planet CNN.
More putting words in my mouth: I never said politicians should get it first. I said "They should be among the first to get vaccinated, but not in front of healthcare workers and elderly,"

Amazing that just because someone doesn't enter a life threatening situation, that it's not an issue for them or the nation. Wow! I didn't realize that. That's pretty neat!

Anyway all sarcasm aside, there are lots of young Republicans in congress. Like I said, everyone in Congress needs to be vaccinated. I wasn't streamlining my post to just include Democrats or AOC.

You don't get to frame conversations. They go off in various tangents, sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda. No one said Graham or Paul said it wouldn't work, so why are you asking such an obscure question? I never said they were hypocrites at all. I said it was great that they were getting one. And at the same time they're admitting a lot of what said and did previously was total B.S. They are two of the most disingenuous people in congress, so it's great to see them have to do something that flies in the face of their words and actions.

Anyway, please keep going. It's nice of you to expose yourself. I hope you never learn to read, it'd really ruin a lot of fun here.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:54 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:46 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

.....or so they tell us.

More putting words in my mouth: I never said politicians should get it first. I said "They should be among the first to get vaccinated, but not in front of healthcare workers and elderly," and "ASAP". Just an outright, blatant lie on your part. Figures though, as much time as you spend on Newsmax, Fox and OAN. :lol:

Amazing that just because someone doesn't enter a life threatening situation, that it's not an issue for them or the nation. Wow! I didn't realize that. That's pretty neat!

Anyway all sarcasm aside, there are lots of young Republicans in congress. Like I said, everyone in Congress needs to be vaccinated. I wasn't streamlining my post to just include Democrats or AOC.

You don't get to frame conversations. They go off in various tangents, sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda. No one said Graham or Paul said it wouldn't work, so why are you asking such an obscure question? I never said they were hypocrites at all. I said it was great that they were getting one. And at the same time they're admitting a lot of what said and did previously was total B.S. They are two of the most disingenuous people in congress, so it's great to see them have to do something that flies in the face of their words and actions.

Anyway, please keep going. It's nice of you to expose yourself. I hope you never learn to read, it'd really ruin a lot of fun here.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:35 pm

iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

.....or so they tell us.

More putting words in my mouth: I never said politicians should get it first. I said "They should be among the first to get vaccinated, but not in front of healthcare workers and elderly,"

Glad you enjoy reading my posts!! Maybe you will learn something!!

Where did Graham or Paul admit what they previously said was total BS? I have seen them take the vaccine, but you just admitted that they haven’t been critical of a vaccine? Please enlighten us. And please keep it simple so my feeble reading skills can follow.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

.....or so they tell us.

Glad you enjoy reading my posts!! Maybe you will learn something!!

Where did Graham or Paul admit what they previously said was total BS? I have seen them take the vaccine, but you just admitted that they haven’t been critical of a vaccine? Please enlighten us. And please keep it simple so my feeble reading skills can follow.
Here’s a better idea. I’ll respond to your questions when you stop putting words in my mouth. I highly doubt that happens because you don’t seem to mind doing that even when you get caught.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Last I heard, there have been six people who have had anaphylactic reactions to the vaccine. I'd like to see the entire Congress used as Guinea Pigs before I consider getting the shot.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:10 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:53 pm
Got my vaccine shot today. Feel great, zero side effects other than than my shoulder is a little sore. Went for a run this evening, feeling hopeful for the first time in months.
I don't know a lot about how it works but do you have to go back in and get the 2nd shot in a few weeks?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:49 pm

catatac wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:10 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:53 pm
Got my vaccine shot today. Feel great, zero side effects other than than my shoulder is a little sore. Went for a run this evening, feeling hopeful for the first time in months.
I don't know a lot about how it works but do you have to go back in and get the 2nd shot in a few weeks?
Yes, I will go back for the 2nd shot in 3 weeks. I had the Phizer vaccine, which is the same as the Moderna vaccine, both are 2-shot vaccines given 3 weeks apart (4 weeks for Moderna). I had zero side effects from the first shot, other than a sore shoulder for a day (about the same as a flu shot). Hoping the 2nd goes as well.
Last edited by BozoneCat on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO CATS GO!!!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:49 am

Getting my vaccine today! [-o<

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:29 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:49 am
That’s awesome! How’d you get one so quickly?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 am

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:29 am
The Butcher wrote:
Fall under essential worker. Also, only about 60% of those ahead of me got their vaccine making it available, otherwise I would have not made the first wave. ](*,)

It was just like a flu shot (fast!). You have to wait 15 minutes after to make sure you don't have any reactions. All I have is a sore arm.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:53 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 am
wbtfg wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Fall under essential worker. Also, only about 60% of those ahead of me got their vaccine making it available, otherwise I would have not made the first wave. ](*,)

It was just like a flu shot (fast!). You have to wait 15 minutes after to make sure you don't have any reactions. All I have is a sore arm.
Fantastic! I had the same response - sore shoulder for a day, otherwise I felt nothing. Actually went for a run that evening, I felt completely comfortable. We gotta get these vaccines ramped up, so glad to hear that it’s starting to get out there to the public!

GO CATS GO!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:21 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:53 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 am
wbtfg wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Fantastic! I had the same response - sore shoulder for a day, otherwise I felt nothing. Actually went for a run that evening, I felt completely comfortable. We gotta get these vaccines ramped up, so glad to hear that it’s starting to get out there to the public!
I have a couple questions about the mindset regarding the vaccines. It sounds like everyone that is getting vaccinated will have to get two vaccines... the first one and then a follow up one three weeks later. It sounds like the side effects (if there are going to be any), usually will happen after the second shot. I'm really not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, just making sure I am recalling the information I read correctly. So I am 100% behind people getting this vaccine ASAP if they are over 70 or have underlying health conditions. That makes perfect sense. As for everyone else jumping in line to get this vaccine, is the mindset, concern that you are protecting yourself from the extremely unlikely event that you contract the virus and end up with a case serious enough to require hospitalization? Or, is more of a mindset that it's better for the greater good, and just trying to help control the virus throughout the general population? I'm not trying to pick fights here but just trying to understand the reasoning because I've been questioning whether or not I'd get the vaccine or not if I did not already have the virus.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:21 pm

As for everyone else jumping in line to get this vaccine, is the mindset, concern that you are protecting yourself from the extremely unlikely event that you contract the virus and end up with a case serious enough to require hospitalization? Or, is more of a mindset that it's better for the greater good, and just trying to help control the virus throughout the general population? I'm not trying to pick fights here but just trying to understand the reasoning because I've been questioning whether or not I'd get the vaccine or not if I did not already have the virus.
Essential workers are not "jumping in line".
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:03 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am
catatac wrote:

As for everyone else jumping in line to get this vaccine, is the mindset, concern that you are protecting yourself from the extremely unlikely event that you contract the virus and end up with a case serious enough to require hospitalization? Or, is more of a mindset that it's better for the greater good, and just trying to help control the virus throughout the general population? I'm not trying to pick fights here but just trying to understand the reasoning because I've been questioning whether or not I'd get the vaccine or not if I did not already have the virus.
Essential workers are not "jumping in line".
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html
Ya, I didn't mean to imply that you or Bozone or anyone else chomping at the bit to get the vaccine were cutting in front of others or anything like that, "jumping in line" to me just means getting in line with everyone else... like you're about to ride the Zipper. :lol: Also, I completely agree that anyone in health care or other essential professions should get it to protect others. I was just curious about the mind set of others.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:32 am

catatac wrote:

I have a couple questions about the mindset regarding the vaccines. It sounds like everyone that is getting vaccinated will have to get two vaccines... the first one and then a follow up one three weeks later. It sounds like the side effects (if there are going to be any), usually will happen after the second shot. I'm really not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, just making sure I am recalling the information I read correctly.
That's accurate.

The good news is, the more severe side effects of the 2nd dosage is an indication that the first dosage is working.

Also, I've read that individuals who have had covid and test positive for antibodies, have a more severe reaction on the first dosage than those who haven't had covid previously.....which makes sense.