US Attacked by Russian Hackers?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

US Attacked by Russian Hackers?

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:13 pm

This seems like a pretty big deal. I’m surprised the President hasn’t made any sort of statement.

“Some of America’s most deeply held secrets may have been stolen in a disciplined, monthslong operation being blamed on elite Russian government hackers.”

https://apnews.com/article/technology-h ... _medium=AP

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: US Attacked by Russian Hackers?

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Those darn Russians. I'm sure when Biden becomes President he'll tell 'em to knock it off.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:58 pm
Those darn Russians. I'm sure when Biden becomes President he'll tell 'em to knock it off.
Which would be a significant improvement.

Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 am

Mtcatfan wrote:
We’ll just be swappin’ Russia for China.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:06 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 am
Mtcatfan wrote:
Russian hackers attack American government computers, and some Americans take the opportunity to redirect attention to China.

Interesting times in which we live.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:54 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:06 am

Russian hackers attack American government computers, and some Americans take the opportunity to redirect attention to China.

Interesting times in which we live.
The Trump administration has been unable or unwilling to hold Russia to account for aggressive action in cyberspace. The only defense his supporters have is for Trump's lack of action is blaming China?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:04 pm

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:32 am

Trump's silence on this serious matter is mindboggling. He is a sycophant of Putin. The real question is how much has Trump let Putin get away with that we don't know about?

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:10 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:32 am
Trump's silence on this serious matter is mindboggling. He is a sycophant of Putin. The real question is how much has Trump let Putin get away with that we don't know about?
So if Trump is a spy for Russia and basically gives them anything they want, why would Russia need to hack anything? They have Trump for access based on your conspiracy theory.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:08 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/r ... ncna984431

I always love pointing fingers, it's so much fun. Who was in office when Putin invaded a foreign country?

I don't blame Obama/Biden, a war with Russia is a terrible terrible idea. I'm sure I could go back and find issues with Bush and Russia too.

But its really easy to throw stones.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:22 pm

I see today Trump is redirecting attention from Russia and blaming China for the hack.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 am
Mtcatfan wrote:
What I meant here, tongue in cheek, didn’t come across clearly. Sorry. I think this massive cyber attack is a terrible thing, and it’s so widespread it could be very dangerous. Third-party software is a weak point, because it’s not vetted by thousands of eyes on GitHub. What I meant here is that while Trump’s gang is crickets on Russia, from all I’ve heard Biden will be soft on China. Neither government is our friend — and turning our back for even a minute is a dangerous move.

CatBot
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatBot » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Any other historical conservatives out there worried? I really feel all alone out here. I cannot stand Trump and truley believe he's damaging our country, and as much as Pelosi and Schumer drive me freaking bananas, I don't think most of this crap is 'fake news'. Sydney Powell and Michael Flynn are also making my blood boil right now too.

My friends and family are totally convinced I've turned into a liberal because I routinely throw Trump under the bus. Can't wait for him to be gone. Seriously.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:55 pm

CatBot wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:19 pm
Any other historical conservatives out there worried? I really feel all alone out here. I cannot stand Trump and truley believe he's damaging our country, and as much as Pelosi and Schumer drive me freaking bananas, I don't think most of this crap is 'fake news'. Sydney Powell and Michael Flynn are also making my blood boil right now too.

My friends and family are totally convinced I've turned into a liberal because I routinely throw Trump under the bus. Can't wait for him to be gone. Seriously.
I’m with you. I hate this party over country mentality that has engulfed politics.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:01 am

CatBot wrote:
Any other historical conservatives out there worried? I really feel all alone out here.
Yes.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:52 am

Yes

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:35 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:21 pm
from all I’ve heard Biden will be soft on China.
Pretty sure that is coming from Trump and his cronies...

Trump has NEVER said anything negative about Russia. That is not acceptable as POTUS.

CatBot
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatBot » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:12 am

The cyber threat from Russia is not fake news. This hack was very serious. It wasn't China.

Meanwhile, Adam Kinzinger gives me hope that the GOP might actually survive Trump. There are many links available via a simple Google search if you don't know who he is, although I give an example below. I think many in the GOP think exactly like Kinzinger, but are beholden to Trumpism based fundraising efforts associated with the Stop the Steal montra. This campaign has been an extraordinary cash cow, and it boggles my mind. Classic case of short-term gain for long-term damage.

Cannot wait for Trump to be gone and just hope the GA run off doesn't go down the tubes in the meantime.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5289 ... d-of-trump

CatBot
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatBot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:40 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:55 pm
CatBot wrote:

I’m with you. I hate this party over country mentality that has engulfed politics.
This guy sums up my frustration pretty well. Where do the conservatives who cannot stand Trump or Trumpism go from here? :shrug:

roanoke.com/tncms/asset/editorial/76dbd ... 1ba17c3c2b