Texas AG lawsuit

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Texas AG lawsuit

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:21 am

Great way to get a pardon from Trump:

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: Texas AG lawsuit

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:21 am

South Dakota's AG is one of those that signed on. He is still being investigated for that hit and run in the fall. Granted not a Federal crime, but the coincidence that he is also in legal trouble is note worth.

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:46 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:

South Dakota's AG is one of those that signed on. He is still being investigated for that hit and run in the fall. Granted not a Federal crime, but the coincidence that he is also in legal trouble is note worth.
This made me laugh out loud! You guys are always bitching about conspiracy theories, but you are the first to endorse such crazy theories when it works for you.

I don’t agree with the lawsuit and it is 100% politically driven, but please spare us the “he did it so he can get a pardon crap”. Total lunacy from the left.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:46 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 am
TomCat88 wrote:

This made me laugh out loud! You guys are always bitching about conspiracy theories, but you are the first to endorse such crazy theories when it works for you.

I don’t agree with the lawsuit and it is 100% politically driven, but please spare us the “he did it so he can get a pardon crap”. Total lunacy from the left.
Yeah, because no one has kissed Trump's ass to get a pardon yet. No one. So silly to think anyone would do such a thing when there's no precedence. Yeah, got it.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Cataholic wrote:

Please stop making inaccurate posts regarding me. I did not say that either AG was working for a pardon. I simply pointed out that the AG that started this is under criminal investigation, and the SD AG who signed on is also under criminal investigation. So at least two of those involved are being investigated for a crime(s). I guess you can’t see the irony.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:49 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:37 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Please stop making inaccurate posts regarding me. I did not say that either AG was working for a pardon. I simply pointed out that the AG that started this is under criminal investigation, and the SD AG who signed on is also under criminal investigation. So at least two of those involved are being investigated for a crime(s). I guess you can’t see the irony.
Tomcat posted great way to get a pardon. You then commented that the SD AG is also under investigation. See where I drew the conclusion.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:49 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Tomcat posted great way to get a pardon. You then commented that the SD AG is also under investigation. See where I drew the conclusion.
It is a great way to get a pardon from Trump. The Texas AG is a proven slimeball, so the fact that you're putting it past him shows how partisan you are.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

You must not understand how federal pardons work. The SD AG is under criminal investigation in South Dakota not by the Feds, so he CANNOT be pardoned by Trump. So your conclusion is inaccurate. Again, please stop misconstruing my posts to fit your narrative. Your childish behavior is growing tiresome.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:59 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

It is a great way to get a pardon from Trump. The Texas AG is a proven slimeball, so the fact that you're putting it past him shows how partisan you are.
There is absolute zero evidence that shows any possible pardon as result of this filing. Your conclusion would get you thrown out of court. Total conspiracy theory.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:15 pm

I don’t get it, how does Texas have any say how other states handle elections. Could you imagine if California sued to take votes away from texas? Haha.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:15 pm
I don’t get it, how does Texas have any say how other states handle elections. Could you imagine if California sued to take votes away from texas? Haha.
Not unprecedented. California did sue Texas over the Affordable Care Act.

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/issue ... g-the-aca/

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:26 pm
wbtfg wrote:

My phone doesn’t like that link for some reason. Why did cali sue texas? What was the outcome?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Not an attorney nor do I play one on TV.

But it appears there is a clear difference in the ACA action you sited and the Texas AG suit.

In the ACA case the states represented by California are intervening as defendants of the Federal ACA law. They are not pursuing an action against other states.

That is quite different than states suing other states for following or more accurately put, to force them not to follow their own state law.

The attorneys I talked to indicated states suing other states for not following their own law is worse than an ignorant last grasp for a straw and those who filed to support should be held accountable for filing a frivolous suit with censorship and or fines.

Tim Fox should hold a presser so he can explain why he is spending Montana taxpayer’s money on this.

Supreme Court will most likely not give this more than than the 1 sentence response they gave the last case that got to their level.

Just my humble opinion.
I do enjoy a good laugh.

But please, do continue to send your hard earned $s to a person who is going to spend it on himself.
Last edited by 77matcat on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:00 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:26 pm
wbtfg wrote:

My phone doesn’t like that link for some reason. Why did cali sue texas? What was the outcome?
I believe the case is still pending in the Supreme Court. I don’t understand how or why, but the state AG’s filed the case against each other.
The Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) future continues to be uncertain as the law’s constitutionality will once again be considered by the U.S. Supreme Court in California v. Texas1 (known as Texas v. U.S. in the lower courts). Oral argument is scheduled for Tuesday, November 10, 2020. This ongoing litigation challenges the ACA’s minimum essential coverage provision (known as the individual mandate) and raises questions about the entire law’s survival. The individual mandate provides that most people must maintain a minimum level of health insurance coverage; those who do not do so must pay a financial penalty (known as the shared responsibility payment) to the IRS. T

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:57 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:59 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

There is absolute zero evidence that shows any possible pardon as result of this filing. Your conclusion would get you thrown out of court. Total conspiracy theory.
Yeah, goofy GOP congressman Ben Sasse has been pushing that pardon conspiracy for the Texas AG. What a nut! Total lunacy from the right isn’t it? Not trying to make you laugh out loud.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-senator-be ... it-1553932

He probably won’t get a pardon like Flynn, Stone, etc. Maybe a shot of regeneron when he gets Covid, like Tooty-Rudy and Christie. Not sure he’s a celebrity like Rudy-Tooty though so maybe not.

My bad, Stone got a commutation not a pardon.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:19 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:57 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Yeah, goofy GOP congressman Ben Sasse has been pushing that pardon conspiracy for the Texas AG. What a nut! Total lunacy from the right isn’t it? Not trying to make you laugh out loud.

He probably won’t get a pardon like Flynn, Stone, etc. Maybe a shot of regeneron when he gets Covid, like Tooty-Rudy and Christie. Not sure he’s a celebrity like Rudy-Tooty though so maybe not.

I don’t care if Sasse is a Republican or from Mars. What did Sasse base his accusation of a pardon on? I don’t see any evidence. Do you? This seems to be wild ass speculation on his part. Isn’t wild ass speculation what conspiracies are based on?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:19 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:57 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I don’t care if Sasse is a Republican or from Mars. What did Sasse base his accusation of a pardon on? I don’t see any evidence. Do you? This seems to be wild ass speculation on his part. Isn’t wild ass speculation what conspiracies are based on?
Nothing! It’s just wild assed speculation. Like you said. You’re right. No one should be speculating on this. No evidence or reason to think he’s fishing for a pardon at all. Yes, conspiracy is based on speculation and misinterpretation, too.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:40 pm

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:12 pm

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:17 pm

toM StUber