COVID 19 deaths by day

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:14 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:48 am
The cdc has lowered the quarantine time to 7 days.
Yes, they've been thinking about doing that for awhile. That's good, I hope! I think it's 7-10 days depending on circumstance??
The change is still not official. I am glad that it is a CDC decision and not a Pence decision.
Updated CDC guidelines effective today for people who are exposed to COVID but don't have symptoms need to quarantine for only seven days if they test negative at least five days after exposure. People who don't develop symptoms can end their quarantine after 10 days without getting tested.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:07 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am
These are all the dates with 2,000 or more deaths as you can see November is creeping in there. Hopefully this current peak is the last as cases do appear to be stabilizing. Would be nice to be on a downward trend as the vaccines are brought on line.

1. 2,875 - December 2
2. 2,744 - April 21
3. 2,695 - April 15
4. 2,633 - April 14
5. 2,614 - December 1
6. 2,601 - April 17
7. 2,582 - May 6
8. 2,541 - April 28
9. 2,459 - April 29
10. 2,420 - April 22
11. 2,413 - April 23
11. 2,413 - May 5
13. 2,332 - November 25
14. 2,283 - April 10
15. 2,280 - April 30
16. 2,278 - April 7
17. 2,255 - April 16
18. 2,212 - April 8
19. 2,210 - November 24
20. 2,177 - May 7
21. 2,151 - April 9
22. 2,114 - April 25
23. 2,070 - April 11
24. 2,067 - November 19
Last edited by iaafan on Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am

New record for deaths - 2,875. Second most cases.
Last edited by iaafan on Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:16 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:39 am
The total number of excess deaths (deaths above average levels) from January 26 through October 3 ranged from a low of approximately 841 in the youngest age group (<25 years) to a high of 94,646 among adults aged 75–84 years. However, the average percentage change in deaths over this period compared with previous years was largest for adults aged 25–44 years (26.5%). Overall, numbers of deaths among persons aged <25 years were 2.0% below average, and among adults aged 45–64, 65–74 years, 75–84, and ≥85 years were 14.4%, 24.1%, 21.5%, and 14.7% above average, respectively.

Based on NVSS data, excess deaths have occurred every week in the United States since March 2020. An estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died since January 26, 2020; approximately two thirds of these deaths were attributed to COVID-19. A recent analysis of excess deaths from March through July reported very similar findings, but that study did not include more recent data through September.
I’m totally confused by this. Isn’t this directly at odds with the deleted article (’Relatively No Effect on Deaths' in U.S.) that basically made the claim that there were no excess deaths?
Yes.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:23 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:50 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:28 pm
wapiti wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am
Darth Yoda wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:04 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:02 pm
wapiti wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 pm
According to the study, “in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... n-n1178930
Yep, this is what I (and several others) have been saying all along.... old people die, one way or the other. When we look back at the total numbers for 2020 and 2021 the number of people that die in the state, in the U.S., and in the world, will pretty be right in line with what the average is year after year. Will probably be around 8.8%. It might go up slightly, but then again it's been on the rise in the U.S. for the past 7 or 8 years.

That said, obviously Covid is real, and in a lot of cases it is killing people sooner (whether by days, weeks, months) than they would have died had they not contracted the virus. Sad, sad deal for people that have lost loved ones sooner than expected due to the virus.
JHU published this article in part to encourage debate on data analysis and assumption selection, but quick regreted that decision and deleted the article. Good move IMO. This article was directly responsible for incredibly dangerous and wildly inaccurate conversations and conclusions related to how truely deadly this virus is.

I personally thought the author did a pretty good job on making and supporting the argument. It's when people don't actually read the full article and quote a sentence or two completely out of context is when the damage happened. Again, wisely deleted.
So no discussion or discourse, especially when the the measures that have been taken put millions of lives at risk in order to attempt to save ( or extend lives by a few months) a few thousand. I wish decisions could have been made with ALL of the data and ALL of the science, not just what the media sensationalized and what satisfied politicians.
Agree, and again, I am not trying to downplay the virus and say it's no big deal. It certainly is killing people, but for the VAST MAJORITY of people dying from this virus, they were already on their way to dying from other causes. The numbers will prove this out.
Yeah, it's not as big of a deal when someone already on their death bed gets Covid and dies compared to when an infant, toddler, school kid or someone in the prime of their life dies from it. I agree. Having grown up on a farm I'm pretty desensitized to death having to butcher animals or send them to the slaughterhouse. When my older relatives pass away I don't get all that bummed out and just celebrate their long life.

I'm not sure how you seem to know that the numbers will prove this out that the vast majority of people that have died were within a few weeks/months of dying anyway. Is someone keeping track of the terminally ill people that have contracted Covid? I've yet to see that statistic. It would be nice to know that the vast majority of deaths were basically equivalent to the kulling of the terminally ill population.

Of course that doesn't do much for the overwhelmed hospitals across the country and the folks that will be dealing with the side effects of having Covid for the remainder of their lives, but it does lessen the blow to those that believe the vast majority of the elderly dying aren't just a few weeks/months from dying anyway.

I hope you continue to follow this and provide updates.
Here is what I'm saying, trying to boil this down in it's simplest form. Below are the mortality rates for the U.S. over the past ten years. Roughly 3,000,000 die every year in the U.S. So in 2019 for example, 8.8 people died out of every 1,000. Death rates have been rising in the U.S. for the past decade for whatever reason. I could be wrong here but my hunch is that when we look at the numbers for 2020 and 2021, there will not be a huge spike. One other tidbit on this that is somewhat related, I read an article this morning stating there has not been one reported flu case in MT this year. Is this normal? I honestly don't know... nor do I know how and when they test for the flu in a normal year.

2019 8.8 +1.29 %
2018 8.7 +1.35 %
2017 8.6 +1.37 %
2016 8.5 +1.31 %
2015 8.4 +1.21 %
2014 8.3 +1.02 %
2013 8.2 +0.82 %
2012 8.1 +0.54 %
2011 8.1 +0.25 %
2010 8.1 -0.09 %

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:18 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am
New record for deaths - 2,833. Second most cases.

A brutal brutal day. Unfortunately, I see worse days in the coming weeks. With the increase in cases each day, hospitalizations and deaths will follow quickly.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:57 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:23 am
iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:
According to the study, “in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

Yep, this is what I (and several others) have been saying all along.... old people die, one way or the other. When we look back at the total numbers for 2020 and 2021 the number of people that die in the state, in the U.S., and in the world, will pretty be right in line with what the average is year after year. Will probably be around 8.8%. It might go up slightly, but then again it's been on the rise in the U.S. for the past 7 or 8 years.

That said, obviously Covid is real, and in a lot of cases it is killing people sooner (whether by days, weeks, months) than they would have died had they not contracted the virus. Sad, sad deal for people that have lost loved ones sooner than expected due to the virus.
JHU published this article in part to encourage debate on data analysis and assumption selection, but quick regreted that decision and deleted the article. Good move IMO. This article was directly responsible for incredibly dangerous and wildly inaccurate conversations and conclusions related to how truely deadly this virus is.

I personally thought the author did a pretty good job on making and supporting the argument. It's when people don't actually read the full article and quote a sentence or two completely out of context is when the damage happened. Again, wisely deleted.
So no discussion or discourse, especially when the the measures that have been taken put millions of lives at risk in order to attempt to save ( or extend lives by a few months) a few thousand. I wish decisions could have been made with ALL of the data and ALL of the science, not just what the media sensationalized and what satisfied politicians.
Agree, and again, I am not trying to downplay the virus and say it's no big deal. It certainly is killing people, but for the VAST MAJORITY of people dying from this virus, they were already on their way to dying from other causes. The numbers will prove this out.
Yeah, it's not as big of a deal when someone already on their death bed gets Covid and dies compared to when an infant, toddler, school kid or someone in the prime of their life dies from it. I agree. Having grown up on a farm I'm pretty desensitized to death having to butcher animals or send them to the slaughterhouse. When my older relatives pass away I don't get all that bummed out and just celebrate their long life.

I'm not sure how you seem to know that the numbers will prove this out that the vast majority of people that have died were within a few weeks/months of dying anyway. Is someone keeping track of the terminally ill people that have contracted Covid? I've yet to see that statistic. It would be nice to know that the vast majority of deaths were basically equivalent to the kulling of the terminally ill population.

Of course that doesn't do much for the overwhelmed hospitals across the country and the folks that will be dealing with the side effects of having Covid for the remainder of their lives, but it does lessen the blow to those that believe the vast majority of the elderly dying aren't just a few weeks/months from dying anyway.

Here is what I'm saying, trying to boil this down in it's simplest form. Below are the mortality rates for the U.S. over the past ten years. Roughly 3,000,000 die every year in the U.S. So in 2019 for example, 8.8 people died out of every 1,000. Death rates have been rising in the U.S. for the past decade for whatever reason. I could be wrong here but my hunch is that when we look at the numbers for 2020 and 2021, there will not be a huge spike. One other tidbit on this that is somewhat related, I read an article this morning stating there has not been one reported flu case in MT this year. Is this normal? I honestly don't know... nor do I know how and when they test for the flu in a normal year.

2019 8.8 +1.29 %
2018 8.7 +1.35 %
2017 8.6 +1.37 %
2016 8.5 +1.31 %
2015 8.4 +1.21 %
2014 8.3 +1.02 %
2013 8.2 +0.82 %
2012 8.1 +0.54 %
2011 8.1 +0.25 %
2010 8.1 -0.09 %
I like your data collecting. It's interesting. Recently there was meme going regarding deaths not being excessive in 2020. Reuters dug into it and found it be misleading. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2872MV

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:08 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:57 am
I like your data collecting. It's interesting. Recently there was meme going regarding deaths not being excessive in 2020. Reuters dug into it and found it be misleading. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2872MV
I mean it isn't a big deal, but the AP used the same CDC information I found and shared with you guys. Not bad for an "idiot" right BigBruce. :lol:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Damn!! Over 2,000 deaths already today. Same as yesterday at this time of the day and we had 2,875 yesterday. :x

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:53 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:08 pm
iaafan wrote:
I mean it isn't a big deal, but the AP used the same CDC information I found and shared with you guys. Not bad for an "idiot" right BigBruce. :lol:
Even an idiot gets lucky every once in awhile, as evidenced by many of our politicians (including Trump and Pelosi). :coffee: :rofl:

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:00 pm

iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:23 am
iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
catatac wrote:
wapiti wrote:

2019 8.8 +1.29 %
2018 8.7 +1.35 %
2017 8.6 +1.37 %
2016 8.5 +1.31 %
2015 8.4 +1.21 %
2014 8.3 +1.02 %
2013 8.2 +0.82 %
2012 8.1 +0.54 %
2011 8.1 +0.25 %
2010 8.1 -0.09 %
Thanks for sharing! Yes, I've seen some memes, estimates, and projections and I've grown to ignore most of them because I get so tired of people presenting misinformation from both sides, skewing numbers to fit arguments, etc. I am mainly interested on looking at hard facts that show exactly how many people die in the average year, and comparing that to 2021. Regardless of whether the death numbers are the same, or significantly spiked, I think it will be interesting to see th top 20 causes of death and compare 2021 to the average over the past 10 years and see if any anomalies.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:30 am

Ugh!! Another day, another record.

1. 2,922 - December 3
2. 2,873 - December 2
3. 2,744 - April 21
4. 2,695 - April 15
5. 2,669 - December 1
6. 2,639 - December 4
7. 2,633 - April 14
8. 2,601 - April 17
9. 2,582 - May 6
10. 2,541 - April 28
11. 2,459 - April 29
12. 2,420 - April 22
13. 2,413 - April 23
13. 2,413 - May 5
15. 2,332 - November 25
16. 2,283 - April 10
17. 2,280 - April 30
18. 2,278 - April 7
19. 2,255 - April 16
20. 2,212 - April 8
21. 2,210 - November 24
22. 2,177 - May 7
23. 2,151 - April 9
24. 2,114 - April 25
25. 2,070 - April 11
26. 2,067 - November 19
Last edited by iaafan on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:49 am

Things continue to go awful in SD:
1 out of 10 people have tested positive for COVID
1 out of 857 people have died of COVID

In Montana not nearly as bad:
1 out of 16 people have tested positive for COVID
1 out of 1,482 have died of COVID

Two of the largest hospitals in South Dakota (Sioux Falls and Rapid City) announced this morning they have NO beds left. There have been 87 deaths reported in the first 3 days of December (a total of 1,033). There continues to be no State leadership on the mitigation of the virus.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:52 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:49 am

Two of the largest hospitals in South Dakota (Sioux Falls and Rapid City) announced this morning they have NO beds left. There have been 87 deaths reported in the first 3 days of December (a total of 1,033). There continues to be no State leadership on the mitigation of the virus.
And SD is 46th in testing. So probably greater incidence than that.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:33 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:52 am
The Butcher wrote:

Another 31 deaths reported today. Of those 31 deaths 3 were in the 30-39 category :shock:
Over 100 deaths in the first 4 days of December with State health officials expecting a spike in cases the next 7 days.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:51 pm

iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Remember this gem from Trump at one of his rallies, right before the election:

"That's all I hear about now. That's all I hear. Turn on television—'Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid.' A plane goes down. 500 people dead, they don't talk about it," Trump told his supporters at a campaign rally in Lumberton, North Carolina, on October 24th. "Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid.' By the way, on November 4, you won't hear about it anymore,"

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:55 pm

John K wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:51 pm
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Remember this gem from Trump at one of his rallies, right before the election:

"That's all I hear about now. That's all I hear. Turn on television—'Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid.' A plane goes down. 500 people dead, they don't talk about it," Trump told his supporters at a campaign rally in Lumberton, North Carolina, on October 24th. "Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid.' By the way, on November 4, you won't hear about it anymore,"
Well we're not hearing about it from Trump, because he's too busy trying re-route the election results that he's barely said anything about Covid. That might actually be a good thing, because a lot of what he said about it was utterly moronic.

Today marks the 25th day of over 2,000 deaths in a day. Officials are saying the worst is yet to come. :(

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:12 pm

Back over 2,000 already today. Not good.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:13 pm

Up to 2,857 deaths today. Top three days are all this month. Five of the top seven have been from the first 8 days of December. Tough times, not to mention all the people suffering financially.
Last edited by iaafan on Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Well then why should we care if the elderly die, those past 75. It is such a terrible existence anyway.

This is from one of biden's covid advisors.

Sharing from Charley Kirk because the other sites where subscription only, "you only have two more views"...

https://charliekirk.com/news/joe-biden- ... g-past-75/