COVID 19 deaths by day

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6261
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:16 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:00 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:01 pm
I was in Florida a few months ago and it was awesome. A breath of fresh air. Though I admit here in Bozeman we got it better than a lot of places. But it felt pretty “normal”. Schools we drive by were fully opened and kids playing. Bars and restaurants were lively and busy. Saw many people wearing masks but lots weren’t. I assumed those that felt the need to wear one did that. I also assume those not comfortable with the crowded bars and beaches probably just stayed home?
That sounds like Helena. Busy bars and restaurants, schools open and kids playing, even the RMDC day care downtown has kids out and playing daily. Mostly people only wear masks when inside businesses. I went to the ski hill Sunday and it was packed. Wish I'd known you were looking for that kind of scene sooner, I coulda saved you the hassle of traveling so far away.
I’ve been looking for that kind of scene since last may. :lol:

Though in my humble opinion, I prefer the golf, temperature, restaurants, water, and women in Florida over Helena 100 out of 100 times. So your efforts from saving me the hassle of traveling would have been fruitless, though appreciated.
Yeah, I kinda figured as much. :)



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10636
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:19 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:00 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:01 pm
I was in Florida a few months ago and it was awesome. A breath of fresh air. Though I admit here in Bozeman we got it better than a lot of places. But it felt pretty “normal”. Schools we drive by were fully opened and kids playing. Bars and restaurants were lively and busy. Saw many people wearing masks but lots weren’t. I assumed those that felt the need to wear one did that. I also assume those not comfortable with the crowded bars and beaches probably just stayed home?
That sounds like Helena. Busy bars and restaurants, schools open and kids playing, even the RMDC day care downtown has kids out and playing daily. Mostly people only wear masks when inside businesses. I went to the ski hill Sunday and it was packed. Wish I'd known you were looking for that kind of scene sooner, I coulda saved you the hassle of traveling so far away.
I’ve been looking for that kind of scene since last may. :lol:

Though in my humble opinion, I prefer the golf, temperature, restaurants, water, and women in Florida over Helena 100 out of 100 times. So your efforts from saving me the hassle of traveling would have been fruitless, though appreciated.
What do you have against billy bob’s muni track, staggering ox, canyon ferry and women who dress in Kirkland brand clothing?



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4985
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:30 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:19 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:00 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:01 pm
I was in Florida a few months ago and it was awesome. A breath of fresh air. Though I admit here in Bozeman we got it better than a lot of places. But it felt pretty “normal”. Schools we drive by were fully opened and kids playing. Bars and restaurants were lively and busy. Saw many people wearing masks but lots weren’t. I assumed those that felt the need to wear one did that. I also assume those not comfortable with the crowded bars and beaches probably just stayed home?
That sounds like Helena. Busy bars and restaurants, schools open and kids playing, even the RMDC day care downtown has kids out and playing daily. Mostly people only wear masks when inside businesses. I went to the ski hill Sunday and it was packed. Wish I'd known you were looking for that kind of scene sooner, I coulda saved you the hassle of traveling so far away.
I’ve been looking for that kind of scene since last may. :lol:

Though in my humble opinion, I prefer the golf, temperature, restaurants, water, and women in Florida over Helena 100 out of 100 times. So your efforts from saving me the hassle of traveling would have been fruitless, though appreciated.
What do you have against billy bob’s muni track, staggering ox, canyon ferry and women who dress in Kirkland brand clothing?
Don’t mind any of those! LOVE canyon ferry. Helena as a whole has grown on me. But if I HAD to pick between Helena and South Beach, it’s SB by a million miles. :lol:



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10636
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 am

New record yesterday.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 am
New record yesterday.
I suspect with the Biden Administration taking over and all the cards on the table, we will see just how poor of a job the Trump Administration had done.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6470
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 am
New record yesterday.
I suspect with the Biden Administration taking over and all the cards on the table, we will see just how poor of a job the Trump Administration had done.
Of course you do. I'm sure Biden will put an end to this thing immediately.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:42 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 am
New record yesterday.
I suspect with the Biden Administration taking over and all the cards on the table, we will see just how poor of a job the Trump Administration had done.
Of course you do. I'm sure Biden will put an end to this thing immediately.
I am sure that it won't end immediately, but there will finally be a comprehensive plan. As the chief operating officer of Operation Warp Speed General Gus Perna put it, "I failed. I'm adjusting. I'm fixing and we'll move forward from there." To make matter worse the Trump Administration wouldn't even work with the Biden transition team to discuss strategies they had in place. How does that make any sense? Anyway, at least Biden isn't golfing (which Trump did about 1 out of 4 days while in office).



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4985
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:54 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 am
New record yesterday.
I suspect with the Biden Administration taking over and all the cards on the table, we will see just how poor of a job the Trump Administration had done.
Of course you do. I'm sure Biden will put an end to this thing immediately.
:lol:

Though I DO think he will give it his full attention and respect which I'm not so sure Trump did.

In the end my belief is viruses are going to virus. It's going to keep spreading. More people are going to die. People on one side will blame Biden for this. Then as it tapers off, and more get vaccinated, the other half of people will say how much better Biden did than Trump. It's clockwork. :lol:



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10636
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:09 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 am
New record yesterday.
2nd day in a row over 4300.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6261
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:35 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:09 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 am
New record yesterday.
2nd day in a row over 4300.
Had three straight last week. Third time this month with 2 or more days in a row over 4,000. Top 29 days all in Dec. and Jan. There's some good news though, which is the cases are dropping. That usually means the deaths and open cases/hospitalizations will drop.

1. 4,374 - January 20
2. 4,363 - January 21
3. 4,281 - January 12
4. 4,134 - January 7
5. 4,100 - January 6
6. 4,098 - January 13
7. 4,069 - January 14
8. 3,914 - January 8
9. 3,882 - December 30
10. 3,822 - January 15
11. 3,717 - December 29
12. 3,543 - January 5
13. 3,539 - December 31
14. 3,538 - December 16
15. 3,472 - January 16
16. 3,401 - December 23
17. 3,376 - December 22
18. 3,277 - December 17
19. 3,265 - December 9
20. 3,238 - January 9
21. 3,107 - December 10
22. 3,031 - December 11
23. 3,001 - December 15
24. 2,960 - December 8
25. 2,922 - December 3
26. 2,873 - December 2
27. 2,835 - December 24
28. 2,802 - January 19
29. 2,794 - December 18



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 am

Not that this is much of a surprise, but now that Trump isn't silencing professionals true information will come out.

Fauci says lack of candor from Trump administration 'very likely' cost lives.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/politics ... index.html



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6261
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:02 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 am
Not that this is much of a surprise, but now that Trump isn't silencing professionals true information will come out.

Fauci says lack of candor from Trump administration 'very likely' cost lives.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/politics ... index.html
Without question. Trump's interview with Bob Woodward told us everything we needed to know about this. His lack of candor adversely influenced and adversely affected the lives of millions. Others cared, but, ya know, they "liked his policies" so that made it okay.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4968
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by RickRund » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm

And now amazingly massachusetts, illinois and california are easing their lockdowns.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4985
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:18 am

RickRund wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm
And now amazingly massachusetts, illinois and california are easing their lockdowns.
I’m shocked. Haven’t seen the death ticker since Friday but gotta assume the numbers are still high? I wonder what has changed with the science the last week? :-k



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6261
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:38 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:18 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm
And now amazingly massachusetts, illinois and california are easing their lockdowns.
I’m shocked. Haven’t seen the death ticker since Friday but gotta assume the numbers are still high? I wonder what has changed with the science the last week? :-k
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... risis-ebbs
Slower infection rates in California.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... is-regions
Improving Covid metrics in Illinois in three regions of the state.

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronavirus ... trictions/
Numbers improving in Massaschusetts.

A better question is why can't you just look this stuff up yourself. I'm not trying to be mean to you, seriously I'm not, but you (and others) regularly jump in here apparently without even making an attempt to answer you own questions. This is what critical thinking is: do some research to see if what you think is actually correct or not.

No, I'm not saying the politicians are for sure telling the truth (more info may come out to show they're lying), but these reports represent the best evidence that is readily available at this time. This is what science is: following the best available evidence and continuing to look for more evidence regardless of whether or not it supports the existing evidence.



Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:03 am

If the lock-downs are actually driving the covid numbers down, wouldn't easing them make the numbers go back up?



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3803
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:49 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:38 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:18 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm
And now amazingly massachusetts, illinois and california are easing their lockdowns.
I’m shocked. Haven’t seen the death ticker since Friday but gotta assume the numbers are still high? I wonder what has changed with the science the last week? :-k
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... risis-ebbs
Slower infection rates in California.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... is-regions
Improving Covid metrics in Illinois in three regions of the state.

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronavirus ... trictions/
Numbers improving in Massaschusetts.

A better question is why can't you just look this stuff up yourself. I'm not trying to be mean to you, seriously I'm not, but you (and others) regularly jump in here apparently without even making an attempt to answer you own questions. This is what critical thinking is: do some research to see if what you think is actually correct or not.

No, I'm not saying the politicians are for sure telling the truth (more info may come out to show they're lying), but these reports represent the best evidence that is readily available at this time. This is what science is: following the best available evidence and continuing to look for more evidence regardless of whether or not it supports the existing evidence.
So you have been updating this specific thread that is tracking the number of deaths per day to illustrate how bad things are. Just last week, California set a daily record for deaths at 736 which is taken from the article below.

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ?_amp=true
The state broke the record Thursday for most COVID-19 deaths in a single day: 736, surpassing the mark set on Jan. 15, when 700 deaths were reported.
Despite the record peak for daily deaths just last week, they are rolling back restrictions. And you don’t think that is somewhat political?



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10636
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:03 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:49 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:38 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:18 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm
And now amazingly massachusetts, illinois and california are easing their lockdowns.
I’m shocked. Haven’t seen the death ticker since Friday but gotta assume the numbers are still high? I wonder what has changed with the science the last week? :-k
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... risis-ebbs
Slower infection rates in California.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... is-regions
Improving Covid metrics in Illinois in three regions of the state.

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronavirus ... trictions/
Numbers improving in Massaschusetts.

A better question is why can't you just look this stuff up yourself. I'm not trying to be mean to you, seriously I'm not, but you (and others) regularly jump in here apparently without even making an attempt to answer you own questions. This is what critical thinking is: do some research to see if what you think is actually correct or not.

No, I'm not saying the politicians are for sure telling the truth (more info may come out to show they're lying), but these reports represent the best evidence that is readily available at this time. This is what science is: following the best available evidence and continuing to look for more evidence regardless of whether or not it supports the existing evidence.
So you have been updating this specific thread that is tracking the number of deaths per day to illustrate how bad things are. Just last week, California set a daily record for deaths at 736 which is taken from the article below.

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ?_amp=true
The state broke the record Thursday for most COVID-19 deaths in a single day: 736, surpassing the mark set on Jan. 15, when 700 deaths were reported.
Despite the record peak for daily deaths just last week, they are rolling back restrictions. And you don’t think that is somewhat political?
Just a few weeks ago California's 7 day average for infections was 44,197. Their most recent 7 day average was 21,680 and is continuing to decline. And as well all know deaths mirror the infections rates but have about a 2 week lag time. So, at the moment, California has is on a steep downward trend of cases, with the downward trend of deaths certainly to follow.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6261
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 pm

Despite the high death numbers things are looking good as the cases are dropping significantly, nationally. It's been 10 days since a 200,000 case day. This follows a string of 18 200,000 case days. Today also looks like another <200,000 case day with just 75,000 so far. Hopefully this trend continues.



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3670
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: COVID 19 deaths by day

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:41 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 pm
Despite the high death numbers things are looking good as the cases are dropping significantly, nationally. It's been 10 days since a 200,000 case day. This follows a string of 18 200,000 case days. Today also looks like another <200,000 case day with just 75,000 so far. Hopefully this trend continues.
I really really hope this continues. Both for our sanity as a nation and our economy to start recovering.


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Post Reply